• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I just figure out why some people are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited because I deleted some of the post.

This is from ricmac25 ;

Everything in life needs a reference point. We would not know something was big unless we had something else to compare it to that was small in relation. We would not know someone as evil, unless there was good to compare it to; and vice versa. Its all about relativity. It is the only way we can experience life. How boring life would be if everyone were the same? We need people that are different from us to help us experience who and what we are. Without a reference point we would just be living things floating through space and time but not experiencing anything.

I say Dave is a benefit because he allows us to learn from non-examples of how to be a good BOTL. As a teacher one of the most useful tools is the use of non-examples. Because Dave is a non-example, we are able to see what it truly means to be a BOTL. Without someone like him to compare to, how would we really know what a BOTL was?
[snapback]151226[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Dang that is a good one, I can't beat that, gets my vote if we can input.....

DaveWF said:
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to CP last night everyone - I've just been too busy.

In regards to why I haven't been posting... Rod made it clear that he doesn't ban members, "they ban themselves" - well do you really think I'll feed into everyone egging me on and feeding me more rope? By Rod's post, it seems clear that I apprently have not done enough to be banned - I prefer to leave it that way. You won't see anymore "bad posts" out of me. :D

As far as the contest, sure - I'll play along.... I am a benefit to CP because, without me, two members here would either not currently be able to post, or would have spent much more money on their computer and have had less to spend on their cigars. I may not currently smoke cigars, but I help others to be able to smoke more & better cigars and maintain their membership here. ;)
Obviously, it would not be OK to post my clients names here publicly (you can easily find them here with a few searches, I'm sure), however, if you need me to, I'll PM them privately and ask if it's ok for me to share their names privately with you Dixie.

Thanks for this great contest. I have a few buddies that would do a back-flip and a double-take when I present them with some of those cigars!

Dave :D :D :D
[snapback]151227[/snapback]​

Pinhead

ricmac25 said:
dixieland_conjunction said:
ELIGIBILITY: All CP members.  Dave you and those 300 guys who PM you support ARE eligible :)

CONTEST: The first person who can make a compelling argument that Dave is an actual benefit to CP wins.  That's it.  Simple, right?  Good luck :)

RULES: "Entertainment value" is not a compelling argument.  I could be entertaining on a board about traveling professional tightrope walkers, but have no insight to contribute (wait that sounds familiar).

Everything in life needs a reference point. We would not know something was big unless we had something else to compare it to that was small in relation. We would not know someone as evil, unless there was good to compare it to; and vice versa. Its all about relativity. It is the only way we can experience life. How boring life would be if everyone were the same? We need people that are different from us to help us experience who and what we are. Without a reference point we would just be living things floating through space and time but not experiencing anything.

I say Dave is a benefit because he allows us to learn from non-examples of how to be a good BOTL. As a teacher one of the most useful tools is the use of non-examples. Because Dave is a non-example, we are able to see what it truly means to be a BOTL. Without someone like him to compare to, how would we really know what a BOTL was?
[snapback]151226[/snapback]​

I think we would realize that Wade, Joe, Andrew, Devin, etc. are great BOTLs without the likes of Dave, GameLover, Shuji, and Phil.

I'll send you a little consolation prize though ;) PM me your addy.

Cheers,
Dixie

DaveWF said:
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to CP last night everyone - I've just been too busy.

In regards to why I haven't been posting... Rod made it clear that he doesn't ban members, "they ban themselves" - well do you really think I'll feed into everyone egging me on and feeding me more rope? By Rod's post, it seems clear that I apprently have not done enough to be banned - I prefer to leave it that way. You won't see anymore "bad posts" out of me. :D

As far as the contest, sure - I'll play along.... I am a benefit to CP because, without me, two members here would either not currently be able to post, or would have spent much more money on their computer and have had less to spend on their cigars. I may not currently smoke cigars, but I help others to be able to smoke more & better cigars and maintain their membership here. ;)
Obviously, it would not be OK to post my clients names here publicly (you can easily find them here with a few searches, I'm sure), however, if you need me to, I'll PM them privately and ask if it's ok for me to share their names privately with you Dixie.

Thanks for this great contest. I have a few buddies that would do a back-flip and a double-take when I present them with some of those cigars!

Pathetic. This is just pathetic. This is a pathetic plea for attention from a pathetic little attention seeker. Poor davey. Here he is, acting like it doesn't bother him that he is reviled by people who once thought he was a friend. It is telling that he keeps coming back, I mean, it shows he has nothing else. Where are your friends davey? Did they get tired of you putting the touch on them? Tired of your inevitable self promotion. Tire of the smarmy deals you cook up that benefit only the chef. Poor pathetic davey just a sad little man.

NA

Oh yeah, for a guy that doesn't smoke cigars anymore you sure don't miss an opportunity to miss entering a contest that has cigars as a prize. Why didn't you give any cigars away when you quit? Wait. You're lying to the insurance company and the people here aren't you. Yeah. That figures.

DaveWF said:

Once again reference's to his services and wares. Dave, if they didn't buy a computer from you, they would have bought someplace else. So really, what service are you providing, besides a small minute amount of entertainment. An by entertainment, I am not referring to your witty posts or clever images. I am referring to the fact that we all smile and thank whatever deity we may worship that we didn't turn out like you. Honestly Dave, either post something worthwile or shut up. Your drivel is tireing.

Emo

DaveWF said:
In regards to why I haven't been posting... Rod made it clear that he doesn't ban members, "they ban themselves" - well do you really think I'll feed into everyone egging me on and feeding me more rope? By Rod's post, it seems clear that I apprently have not done enough to be banned - I prefer to leave it that way.

Dave,

I guess I wasn't clear. This community will ban whoever they feel is worthy of a ban. It's something we do very rarely, however there comes a time when enough is enough. I have no problem admitting my fault - I've given you more rope to hang yourself with than I've given anyone else in the past. That's my mistake, and I apologize to all the true BOTL's out there.

Again, you say that you have "customers" here. Since when did CigarPass.com become your personal free advertising medium? You keep dodging the question, Dave. What do you have to contribute to this community other than trolling? Selling cheap computers, that's why you're a benefit? No one here knows about Dell.com? Or TigerDirect.com for that matter? I hate to burst your bubble, but I didn't create this site for you to be "CP'S #1 COMPUTER SALESMAN". You've benefited much more from my members than they have benefited from you. Now, would anyone here like to disagree with me? Please, let's hear from you. All those in support of Dave can now speak up...

Dave, where are all the guys who are supporting you? If they exist, why don't they post in your defense? I think you have done a great job at showing everyone your "true colors" (as you like to say). You took some very uncalled for blows at me and my community yesterday, big mistake. I'm not backing you up any longer, you've done a great job at proving to everyone the type of person you are, and you have made me look like an ASS. You're definately not a BOTL. Rather someone who simply wants to create havoc.

This community just isn't for you Dave, there are too many members who are unhappy with your behavior. I have yet to see one single person stand up in your defense.

Regards,
Rod

Rod is my hero. I love you man.
No really, what are you doin' later. :love:

NA

dixieland_conjunction said:
CONTEST: The first person who can make a compelling argument that Dave is an actual benefit to CP wins. That's it. Simple, right? Good luck :)

Support the Digital Arts!
crybabydavey.jpg

SamClemmons said:
Rod is my hero. I love you man.
No really, what are you doin' later. :love:

NA
[snapback]151254[/snapback]​
Matt's free later. I hear he is looking for a new boy toy. :0

Rod said:
This community just isn't for you Dave, there are too many members who are unhappy with your behavior. I have yet to see one single person stand up in your defense.

Regards,
Rod
[snapback]151251[/snapback]​

OK, let's finish this then and ban the ISPs. Otherwise some of us are going to start thinking maybe this is another "joke" like Floyd screwing with Russell's pass.

WOW. What a thread!

I am only responding because a little fact was brought out by Davey and I assume it was because he thought that perhaps by bringing up "favors" he would get a little support.

Davey - WRONG.

I am one of the two people he helped with a computer. He allowed me to make payments every month (and send me monthly IM's when I was more than a day late LOL but was paid off in time as agreed).

Now Davey, you kinda pricked me a little with your comment and I for one am going to set some things straight from my side. I did and do appreciate you selling me a computer. I think I got a half-way decent deal on the computer and indeed it is still in use.

However, bottom line is you were the first person I approached about helping me out and the line, while not neccessarily "long" did include others I am sure would of helped me just the same. In addition, you benefited through the sales by having an extra $50 come in per month for a year, minus the $200 down payment, so you got yours just as I got mine. In other words while it did require the favor of asking up front, it did become nothing more or less than a business deal.

I also remember after making our deal and receiving the computer I had a couple of issues about the condition it arrived in and you did give me advice on what to do. Much appreciated, however had this computer come from a bonafide manufacturer, it would of been sent back for a replacement in a heartbeat - especially if I had been buying on credit as I was with you.

I also remember that one month after getting the computer I got a raise or a promotion, which added a few dollars to my monthly income and shared the good news here. Your immediate response was along the lines of "great now you can pay me back sooner" versus the agreed upon payment schedule. I never told you this until now, now that you want to bring this good deed of yours to light to make you look better, but that was a complete insult to me. You act like you pride yourself on being a business man - a computer businessman. Well I know no other computer vendor who after sealing a deal with a customer, comes back and asks to be paid off sooner than the original agreement. That's simply bad customer service. And for the record - the favor I asked was to help me with a computer I could make payments on. Once you accepted that favor I became a customer Davey and never regarded myself as anything other than that.

Davey, you have really sunk your own ship here:

1) Taking advantage of newbies with passes where you give out inferior cigars and take superior ones.
2) Taking pot-shots at members and trying to play the innocent card.
3) Taking advantage of others in order to get free stuff or free services.

And NOW, trying to bring up some good deed you have done as if that makes everything "ok" and the people "indebted" to you to speak up for you. WRONG answer. I was content on just sitting back and enjoying the show, instead of adding on to you.

I agree with what Emo said I think it was: You were once a great BOTL but have degenerated into something else.

Later,

Sam

I'm not surprised, Sam.

I say let's get some rope! ;)

Leebo8-9-8 said:
I'm not surprised, Sam.

I say let's get some rope! ;)
[snapback]151290[/snapback]​

I think they are playing Davey's song. It goes like this:

Tesla - Party's Over Lyrics

It's the same old song and dance,
You're askin' me for a second chance.
I don't care, baby, what you say,
All I wanna do is gotta get away.

Been too many times callin' out your name,
You promised me, but you never came.
Was it, baby, all a game to you? Yeah.
After all the things that I've done for you,
Say your love, your love, could not be true.
I don't need nobody like you.

Chorus:
So turn out the lights, the party's over.
Turn out the lights, the party's over for you.
This time is the last time, never be a next time.
Tonight I wanna dance to a brand new tune.

You know, it took so long for me to realize
You got a cheatin' heart full of dirty lies.
Now listen baby, I got news for you.
Now don't cha come knockin' on my door.
'Cause I don't want your love no more.

Chorus:
So turn out the lights, (lights out) the party's over.
Turn out the lights, (lights out) the party's over for you.
Tonight I wanna dance to rock and roll.

I guess it must-a been you were so caught up
That you didn't even notice we were fallin apart.
Now you played the game, now you play the fool.
I don't want it. I don't need it.
No, no, nobody like you. All I got to say.

Chorus:
So turn out the lights, (lights out) the party's over.
Turn out the lights, (lights out) the party's over for you.
Turn out the lights, the party's over.
Turn out the lights.
Turn out the lights. (turn out the lights)
Turn out the lights, the party's over.
Turn out the lights. (turn out the lights)
Turn out the lights, (lights out) the party's over.
Turn out the lights, the party's over. Yeah.

Dave has done favors for me (computer related) and didn't ask for anything in return. Never had any cigar related transactions with him other than sending him some sticks for the Opus DVD.

Triple_D said:
Dave has done favors for me (computer related) and didn't ask for anything in return. Never had any cigar related transactions with him other than sending him some sticks for the Opus DVD.
[snapback]151306[/snapback]​

1 point for Dave. :D
6 points for CP. Well actually the counter only goes up to 999,999,999 and it just rolled back over to 000,000,001.

At least it wasn't a shutout I suppose. :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie

Triple_D said:
Hmmm. Ermmm, did it cost davey anything to do this/these favors? I shook up the "8 ball" and turned it over... it said... "It is not likely to be otherwise."

NA

SamClemmons said:
Triple_D said:
Dave has done favors for me (computer related) and didn't ask for anything in return.  Never had any cigar related transactions with him other than sending him some sticks for the Opus DVD.
Hmmm. Ermmm, did it cost davey anything to do this/these favors? I shook up the "8 ball" and turned it over... it said... "It is not likely to be otherwise."

NA
[snapback]151311[/snapback]​

ROFLMAO

Now THAT'S a Neal Classic!

Sam

Enough of this mess, just get the rope already!!

It's obvious that anything davey says is more than likely not true......just like the part about how davey thinks I'm a stand-up individual above approach!! LOL

And I apologized??? Don't think so....my exact words were....."good enough Dave but...." far from an apology.

Let's get her done, I got $hit to do!! :laugh:

I commend Duane for speaking that simple fact on Dave's behalf. I fear, however, that what it boils down to is exactly what Brother Emo said so eloquently..
Well done Dave, you managed to go from Outstanding BOTL to P.O.S. FOG. At least you will serve 1 usefull function on the board, you'll be a lesson to other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.