• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I need ID expertise

Welcome to CP Raf. Too bad about your friends 'good deal' but it's great that he was so thoughtful to buy you what he thought was a nice and personal gift. And your attitude is refreshing as well. So many people go through some ugly stages of denial when they're told their sticks are fake (like the "ASS" will probably demonstrate for you). I hope your friend can find some humor in this as well.

edit to add: Great sigtag! God bless and keep our troops safe.

I think the fellow ought to smoke one and report back. Now that would be an experience worth sharing. :thumbs:

But wait, would that be considered hazing? ???

Wilkey
W you will have to wait until the weekend for the review, I have to catalogue them first :laugh:
Welcome to CP Raf. Too bad about your friends 'good deal' but it's great that he was so thoughtful to buy you what he thought was a nice and personal gift. And your attitude is refreshing as well. So many people go through some ugly stages of denial when they're told their sticks are fake (like the "ASS" will probably demonstrate for you). I hope your friend can find some humor in this as well.
Thanks for the welcome. You know I'm not knocking on him for trying to find something rare and exclusive for his co-workers or the fact "that he was scared to death (as he tells the story) that he would be found in possesion of this contraband by customs agents and get locked up and loose his clearance; as matter of fact he went above and beyond trying to locate true cubans, been driven to an undisclossed location and the seller put this dog and pony show on how they should be package with smuggling technics to bring them into the US (the guys at the airport must have been having a ball with all his careful packaging and concealment of fake contraband). I'll never let him know that because it was a good gesture on his part and what he went through it only means he is a good friend. I'm originally from the islands so my attitude is low-key and relaxed, I wont throw a fit if my smokes ain't real, I'll just smoke them along with some cheap booze to complement their cheapness :laugh: . As far as the "ASS" well... he is just that an "ASS" but now he is just going to be in my book a "DUMB-ASS" because he thinks he is sitting on a gold mine with his new super vainilla cohibas, maybe I'll just try and sell mine to him and and take his money and get me some nice CAO's :D From now on when we smoke our sticks at the base of the river at lunch I'll be ROFLMAO inside thinking what an ignorant connoisseur want to be is sitting among the group :D .
edit to add: Great sigtag! God bless and keep our troops safe.
For what I can tell you are a fellow vet, the sigtag was my teams prayer during OEF before we went out and hit the trails... :thumbs: Anyways I say that short prayer every morning before I head for the office as I think of all my Brother's-In-Arms on OEF/OIF/Horn Of Africa/Bosnia/Kosovo and so forth... The sig-pic is my other hobby if you care to check it out just click on the pic

Raf

I'll never let him know that because it was a good gesture on his part and what he went through it only means he is a good friend.
While you certainly don't want to insult the guy, it'd probably be nice to let him know so he doesn't waste his money again. If I spent money on fakes, I'd want to know so I don't buy anymore. :)

---John Holmes...

Oh my. I don't know what to say. Those are the most hilarious counterfeits I've ever seen. Yikes.

I'd ask for them for the archive but I'm afraid all the other fakes would end up smelling like "vainilla." ???

Wilkey

I'd be willing to bet they aren't even flavored......nothing like counterfeit FLAVORED cigars......

Wowsers. THose are a riot!
Vanilla Cohibas! I will volunteer to do a review.

Wowsers. THose are a riot!
Vanilla Cohibas! I will volunteer to do a review.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww!

Is there nothing you won't smoke? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wilkey

Moontrances!!

Really, while I am inerested to see what these ARE, exactly, I would likely not smoke very much of it. I have enjoyed a numb er of the fakes people ahve sent me. Some have been decetn two dollar cigars. Others have been truly awful. I have this sneaking suspicion I know which camp these would fall into.

I can't believe that we are speaking of the elusive Cohiba shrink wrapped vanilla cigars. I have heard of them but never seen them in a picture. There have been whisperings about these rare cigars, but never concrete proof of their existence. Please make sure that these cigars are stored at the proper temp and rh for them, 100c and at least 80% humidity, the higher the humidity the better they smoke.

Thanks for making my dreams come through. I thought I would die before I got to see them

Dang! Vaniller flavored Cohiba's...that has got to be finest example of fakery I have ever seen.
Thanks for posting this, and I would just brush it off and not tell your pal about them being fake, unless you want to loose him as a pal. I would love to see a review of them though, with pics please!
Rob

Be careful with them...the last glass-topped box of "Cohibas" I got was seriously beetle infected....

Not to worry, should one of these come into my possession, it will get nowhere near my humi.
I believe I have found a way to get my hands on a sample of these elusive vanilla Coheebas.

What a find, the rarest of all Cohibas, even more rare than the 1492's........what a score. lol