• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Pulled Over On The Way To Work Today

Horrific.

He needs to make restitution to society and humanity for the rest of his days. If he fails in that penance, then he simply needs to be put to death. There's no reason to waste resources or money on housing this creature in a penitentiary.

Wilkey

It costs more to put someone to death than it does to lock them up for life. Not to mention, a lot of things happen to people in prison that would make them wish they were dead - especially to someone like this. I think solitary for life would be a hell of a lot worse than simply being put to death.

I take it you have never been to Prison so let me just say this. Let me tell you its no cake walk. Solitary confinement is a slow killer on the soul. As a normal prison here is what happens where I was at. You get taken in either in orange clothes or street clothes depending on the situation all the while in hand cuffs, a chain around the waist where the hand cuffs connected to and finally cuffs on the legs. They have you strip you down of all your clothes and they search you. Then you are given prison clothes to wear. You finish processing there at the facility. You then get assigned to where you will be at. Prisoners at the one I was in called them Pods and so did the CS aka guards. You are then dropped off into that section and then its a hard lesson to figure out all the rules as they do not explain it to you whatsoever. They don't care if you are allergic to food or not. In fact, they don't care if you don't eat. Ours lights out was at 11pm till around 4am during Mon to Friday morning in which the time for lights out was from Saturday morning at 2am and lights back on at 4am. This went on till Sunday night when lights was out at 11pm. I was in the Medical Pod which consisted of 4 rooms with 4 bunks in each one and a 5th room for solitary confinement. I got to talk to that guy and let me tell ya, I'd would have gone nuts in there. No tv, no bunks, and no toilets. Nodda but you and a bed roll with a half ass pillow and a wool blanket.

You are stripped of all rights and at the mercy of the guards. Nothing is wrong with this but the system is designed to make criminals repeat customers as you are treated like dog shit. You are reliable to pay for each day your are confined. I don't know how Federal ones work but the one I was at you have to repay them between $30 to $35 a day. So imagine your bill after 6 months of Prison and you are responsible in paying it back no matter what. The system is designed to make money off criminals. Doesn't matter why you are in there. Well, it reality it does if the other prisoners find out why you are there and money can buy information. This is just a little brief insight in what happens. More happens than this but its to get the general point across. :laugh:

I never got Solitary confinement as I stayed a good prisoner. and 5 to 6 days in prison seemed like a lifetime of hell for me. But I can speak with complete and utter experience prison time is no joke whatsoever. Sure he should be locked in general population in which they all know his crime. They will take care of him for the system. :whistling:

I think that we agree with eachother - no I've never been to prison (haven't been put to death either), but, what I was trying to get across is that prison for life for a lot of people would be worse than being dead. I think that's pretty much the sentiment you're capturing with your post.

Our office sees these type of cases regularly. I have friends that as part of their job have to attend the autopsies. And we bust our a$$es to deliver what they deserve and it is very tough and it makes me hug my kids every day when I walk in my door. And as a mom of a 5 month old who had colic from day 1 (actually a formula allergy) and being up all day and most of the night the thought of ending her life never crossed my mind. Thank god for helpful spouses and cribs where I could lay her down and walk away if need be. It breaks my heart to see the photos and hear the stories but we still bust our butts to put them away and do it right so that there is no way to win on appeal. Just my thought on the subject....

And I cry EVERY time I hear that song. :(

I also had a colicy baby. My wife and I joke that we spent so much time considering killing ourselves that we never even considered killing the baby. Seriously though, I can understand how babies get "shaken". I can't justify it, but I can see how it happens.

I've been through some hard core introspective "training". I learned technmiques that allowed me to take my mind someplace else, a happy place. My wife would come upstairs and find me rocking a screaming baby with my body, while nearly catitonic.

Human babies have so few defenses against this world, and it is our job to protect them until they can protect themselves.

A story similar to this Strikes me. while I was getting Trained as a EMT a good friend had a ride along. It was a 911 Call from a Mother. The Call was for a 8 month old. Upon arrival to the house the baby was over the fence of the neighbor's. unconscious and not breathing. they were able to bring back the child for about 30 Min's. he died on the ride to the hospital. The husband throw the kid over the fence and he hit the other fence and cracked his skull like a football. It was a shame.
My friend no longer in the class and dropped out due to this experience.
I have heard similar things about parents doing things like that. But WOW Still it is a shock that this world produces crape like this in this world. \
Makes me hug my wife more and kids. A shame
MY 2CENTS

I think we all as parents have been at wits end with a crying and fussing kid. I've had my share of it, up sleepless nights w/ a collicy baby. Did I ever have those thoughts? Sure did. The difference between us is that I nor anyone I know would take those actions. I hope he burns in hell for it.

People should be more forgiving.

I presided over the funeral of my 6week old Grand God Daughter. Her father beat her to death. Along with her cracked skull, they found she had broken and bruised ribs and other internal injuries that were several weeks old. He was beating her from the day they brought her home from the hospital while my God Daughter recovered from complications.

Forgive? Yes, that's what my faith tells me I must do, but I don't know that I ever can. The rage still causes me to tremble. Before you judge my hatred, anguish over the casket of an innocent that you've loved deeply, lower her into the ground and say a prayer for her while the murderous deviant stands next to you weeping in self pity.

A three year old boy was reported missing close the here a couple weeks ago by his father who said he left him by the car, ran in to the house to get something and when he came out the boy was gone. A huge search ensued, and a couple days later they found the boy in the septic tank with the cap on. Seems like all evidence points to the dad to me, but regardless, I'm with Wade. Whoever did this should not only be executed, but should be tortured first.

I think we all as parents have been at wits end with a crying and fussing kid. I've had my share of it, up sleepless nights w/ a collicy baby. Did I ever have those thoughts? Sure did. The difference between us is that I nor anyone I know would take those actions. I hope he burns in hell for it.

x2

I presided over the funeral of my 6week old Grand God Daughter. Her father beat her to death. Along with her cracked skull, they found she had broken and bruised ribs and other internal injuries that were several weeks old. He was beating her from the day they brought her home from the hospital while my God Daughter recovered from complications.

Forgive? Yes, that's what my faith tells me I must do, but I don't know that I ever can. The rage still causes me to tremble. Before you judge my hatred, anguish over the casket of an innocent that you've loved deeply, lower her into the ground and say a prayer for her while the murderous deviant stands next to you weeping in self pity.
WOW, nobody should have to go through that. I can't imagine standing next to the killer at the funeral. I'd have lost it for sure. Sorry you had to go through that.

WOW, nobody should have to go through that. I can't imagine standing next to the killer at the funeral. I'd have lost it for sure. Sorry you had to go through that.
Yes, forgiveness is much easier said than done. Besides, I'm not sure there is anything immoral about forgiving AFTER revenge. I'd be a hellofalot easier! I am also sad you had to go through that experience, preembargo. I know I love my Goddaughter and would be hard-put in that situation not to end up on death row myself. Or, even worse, a life sentence.

Slow slicing (Simplified Chinese: 凌迟; Traditional Chinese: 凌遲; pinyin: língchí), also known as lingering death is a form of execution used in China before the modern era. The literal meaning of língchí is "humiliating and slow"; the method was officially outlawed in 1905.

Slow slicing was sometimes used for the torture and execution of a living person, or applied as an act of humiliation only after death. It was meted out for offenses such as acts of treason, murder, or assault on one's parents. There are problems in obtaining details of how the executions took place. It seems however that executions consisted of cuts to the arms, legs, and chest, followed by decapitation or a stab to the heart. For those who could afford it, it was not unusual to bribe the torturer so that the coup de grace came more quickly, thereby reducing the victim's suffering.

This method of execution became a fixture in the image of China among some Westerners and is sometimes referred to as death by a thousand cuts. It appears in various romantic accounts of Chinese cruelty, such as Harold Lamb's 1930s biography of Genghis Khan.

Slow slicing (Simplified Chinese: 凌迟; Traditional Chinese: 凌遲; pinyin: língchí), also known as lingering death is a form of execution used in China before the modern era. The literal meaning of língchí is "humiliating and slow"; the method was officially outlawed in 1905.

Slow slicing was sometimes used for the torture and execution of a living person, or applied as an act of humiliation only after death. It was meted out for offenses such as acts of treason, murder, or assault on one's parents. There are problems in obtaining details of how the executions took place. It seems however that executions consisted of cuts to the arms, legs, and chest, followed by decapitation or a stab to the heart. For those who could afford it, it was not unusual to bribe the torturer so that the coup de grace came more quickly, thereby reducing the victim's suffering.

This method of execution became a fixture in the image of China among some Westerners and is sometimes referred to as death by a thousand cuts. It appears in various romantic accounts of Chinese cruelty, such as Harold Lamb's 1930s biography of Genghis Khan.
OK, works for me, that gets my vote.