• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If I ever see this, I might just quit

g-smoke

Silent but deadly
This disgusted me enough that I had to share:

"Tar and Cigars: A Match Made in Hell" on The Stogie Review website.

Has anyone ever seen such an example of the La Brea tar pits oozing out of their cigar? I've never been nicotine sick, but I'm sure a sight like this would make me hurl if it happened to me.

Hell ya. Happens every once and awhile. Opus in particular for me. Just cut it off and it'll get back to normal. Cigar punches, in my experience tend to exacerbate the problem. Tastes horrible by the way.

Doc.

I've only had it happen once, but it was also with a Fuente cigar. An 8-5-8. I didn't realize until some of it hit my tongue. That stuff tastes horrible.

Wow, that is gross...

Thankfully I have never seen that happen and I use punches almost exclusively on my cigars.

Hell ya. Happens every once and awhile. Opus in particular for me. Just cut it off and it'll get back to normal. Cigar punches, in my experience tend to exacerbate the problem. Tastes horrible by the way.

Doc.

x2 on everything Doc said.

And I find I experience it more with thinner ring gauges.

Well I DID have a hankering for a smoke here but after reading and seeing that story I'm not so sure. :laugh:

I saw it happen to a Padron Family Reserva. Sinnyc was a good trooper, wiped it off with a napkin, and smoked on.

Definitely. I can think of specific instances with Opus, LFD Mysterios and King B

Is it just me, or does it seem to occur more frequently with Fuente cigars? Sharks, Opus, 8-5-8, King B,...

Is it just me, or does it seem to occur more frequently with Fuente cigars? Sharks, Opus, 8-5-8, King B,...

I don't know but I've only had it happen once. It was indeed with a Fuente, but not nearly as bad as the pics in the link.

That is crazy, I hope that never happens to me. So far, so good.
Makes me wonder, what my lungs look like from years of smoking?
Have a great day everyone.

Had it happen with a LFD DL Lancero, I cut it further down and all was good again.

Doc.

Ditto Doc

I was pondering this last week when smoking a VSG Illusion that had some minor build-up. Sungrown Cuban Belicosos, Don Carlos Belicosos, 8-5-8s, Opus-- I've noticed that Fuentes seem very vulnerable to tar build-up. Usually a second clip and taking more time between draws cleans it up nicely.

I had a La Gloria Cubana NC earlier this week that looked a lot like the 3rd picture in the article. :angry:

There have been a few threads in the past discussing tar. I personnaly have experienced this, unfortunately it has mostly been prevalent in Anejos. Certainly not all, but a healthy percentage. Once I see it starting, I use a tissue/napkin to remove it and it tends to stop after 15-20 minutes.

Thanks
Bob

Had it happen a few times. The first was with an Anejo... almost (almost) put me off them for good. Blech!

I've been lucky enough not to experience this too much. Agreed, usually a clip of the end resolves the problem. Still quite gross to see, however, not too much for me to quit! :whistling: