• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If I ever see this, I might just quit

I have had some stank flavors from a couple of fresh Anejo's & Opus X. They were small gauge and after some beer for me and removing the wrapper, they smoked OK.

I've had this happen a few times and every single one was a torp/beli. One of the reasons I don't buy that shape cigar.

I've had it happen with fresh LGC serie R maduros, after a few months of age on them it went away.

I've had it happen with the ESG from time-to-time.

BTW, Boomer you are toast! You have now made the list.

Stinki

This has been discussed before, it all has to do with your cut, if you don't cut enough of the cap, your chances of this happening increase greatly. I almost always punch my cigars but lately with Añejos and Opus X, I use a cutter in order to decrease the probability.

The Master answered this in a thread somewhere a couple of years ago. Sorry, I'm too lazy to find it. :laugh:

I've had it happen with the ESG from time-to-time.

BTW, Boomer you are toast! You have now made the list.

Stinki

:laugh: I was wondering if and when you would see this.

That's what you get for dissing my alma matter. :laugh:

I mostly get that type of "ooze" in machine made "stogies" that come from Kentucky or, Indiana.

So thats the funky taste that my Opus #5 had the other night. Very similiar situation punch cut...thought it was just a bad stick and just chucked it. Luckly it was already half gone.