• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione CG4? Others?

MK is the best imo. I think silocigars might have some if not send me a pm and I can put something together for you.

John

What JFK said - I like the mk's too. :thumbs:

What are your thoughts on the differences between the older and newer batches? IMO you have done a great job with the marca in general, ESPECIALLY the thinner RG vitolas.

MK is the best imo. I think silocigars might have some if not send me a pm and I can put something together for you.

John

What JFK said - I like the mk's too. :thumbs:

What are your thoughts on the differences between the older and newer batches? IMO you have done a great job with the marca in general, ESPECIALLY the thinner RG vitolas.

I'm curious about this as well...are there supposed to be differences between batches, or does it signify that they are rolled from different bales, or just when the factory happens to ship them out?

I've mostly been smoking Jan08 sticks, but there was a Feb08 I had that seemed noticeably spicier with some minor flavor differences.

I bought a box of CG4s a few months ago and they're almost gone ???

I've also had the 88s and enjoyed them quite a bit! :thumbs: (Thanks Khari!)

I would smoke the 68 daily if I wasn't hoarding them. There's a lancero on the horizon as well if I'm not mistaken.

Dion when is the lanceros, and the new blend supposed to be released? I forget when you said when I spoke with you last month.

I've only had one and it was the MK. Would buy them based on that one cigar.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, Jim. I've smoked just about every vitola and love 'em all. For me, the ~68~ is the top o' the heap, though. It fits my taste profile wonderfully. :thumbs:

I've only had one and it was the MK. Would buy them based on that one cigar.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, Jim. I've smoked just about every vitola and love 'em all. For me, the ~68~ is the top o' the heap, though. It fits my taste profile wonderfully. :thumbs:

Cool, thanks for the input guys. Like I said, I ordered a nice sampler from Silo and will try out a bunch of different sizes over the next month or two. I'll probably take notes and start a new thread with a vertical tasting review when I'm done. :thumbs:

Thanks guys for all the input. I've decided to order a CG4, f9, 888, and 88 from Silo to try out. :thumbs:

EDIT: WTH, I'm also going to get an MK and 68 to try too. Might as well try all the sizes I might like, right?

Ian is a little off the left end for my tastes, but he does produce a damned nice cigar. I've smoked the line and love them all. I chose the 88 for my first box. Can't go wrong, Jim.

Thanks guys for all the input. I've decided to order a CG4, f9, 888, and 88 from Silo to try out. :thumbs:

EDIT: WTH, I'm also going to get an MK and 68 to try too. Might as well try all the sizes I might like, right?

Ian is a little off the left end for my tastes, but he does produce a damned nice cigar. I've smoked the line and love them all. I chose the 88 for my first box. Can't go wrong, Jim.

The rest of you can just call him Dion :whistling:

The rest of you can just call him Dion :whistling:

Zzzzzinngggg!! :laugh:

Hey now! You'd best be scanning the skies of Spudland for the black helicopters!

Make sure you let us know how you like your sampler.

If I didnt want any money when I retire, these would be my everyday, all day, smoke.

I'm usually pretty skeptical about new cigar lines, especially ones from unproven brands/manufacterers. I got a few singles from Outlaw in KC and was surprised how damn good the Illusiones are. A few of the CPers at the Carlito event really raved about them.

I've smoked 4 of the line so far in 4 days (I'm a 1 per day smoker and I have never smoke the same brand two days in a row). They are medium-full to full in strength. The best part of these cigars is the amazing aroma that the wrapper gives off.

Yes these are worth the investment. A box purchase is in my future as soon as I smoke the rest of my singles and figure out which size I like most.

That was me! (still riding the high of Outlaw)

In all seriousness, the cg4 was the best of the three illusiones I've had. cg4, f9, and 68. I smoked the 68 at Outlaw and it was supposedly super strong, I'm not sure if I noticed that, but it did have a flavorful punch to it. The f9 was decent too, but I neglected it for a bit and it went out and I was unable to get it going again.

Glad I took your advice cause I've been smoking the Illusiones like crazy. Best new cigar in 2007 for sure.

I smoked my first one today, a 68, and it was a tastey little smoke. Very complex, packed with flavors I like and bold yet not harsh. Tomorrow, I look foward to smoking the other size I bought.

Anyone else experience a peculiar prelight draw on the larger ring sizes? It wasn't bad, it was just something I've never tasted in a cigar. When smoked, they all tasted superb, but the prelight was just odd to me.