• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm a new member so I thought I'd share my hobby

Absolutely stunning craftmanship sir!!!!!!!! I could get lost in the details, grain and workmanship while enjoying a smoke. Thanks for sharing your artistic talent.

Thank you for the compliments. The dark wood on the 2nd one is Bubinga. The tree was dated to be over 800 years old and 12 feet in diameter. I wish I had more. I stare at that stuff regularly. It sounds crazy but the wood tells me how to cut it and what to build. :whistling: :blush:

Here's another pic of my personal desk top
347058998.jpg

Wow, very nice work. I've been wanting to get into woodworking, but just have never had the time. I've built a few things, but not much.

Truly stunning pieces of work.

Can you provde some details/pics of those wooden hinges. Those are unbelievable. Esp that they are heavy enough to work and hold the lid.

Thanks.

I can tell just by looking at them, that I'll never own one, lol.

That is meant to be a compliment. They are so nice I'm sure they are pricey....which looks justifiable to me.

Those are truly amazing. Considering I almost failed 8th grade shop class, I could never do anything like that

Those are truly amazing. Considering I almost failed 8th grade shop class, I could never do anything like that

Thanks but don't feel bad. My shop teacher beat the livin crap outta me into A block wall. I kicked him in the yams and ran for my life. He had absolutley no influence on my work what so ever. :laugh:

Like a lot of others before have said - absolutely beautiful.....you have a great talent and vision. It's great that you can marry the two together.

I sponsored A "Win My Humidor contest" on CL recently. I may have to do that here with permission from the moderators after the first of the year. To be in the contest you had to have A record of at least 3 outgoing bombs and be A member for so long to qualify. Then every time you bomb someone, the recipient was to post your name in the sticky and A picture of the bomb. I put raffle tickets in A box and drew the winner. The guy that won was Vivalanation. He's A student in Florida. The bomb recipient won the ash tray pictured above. That was Lew @ Don Francisco Cigars. He should have recieved it today or Monday. There was around 200 people that were in the contest. It was A great time. Bombs were casting shadows over the land. :thumbs: In the contest I asked that I not be the target. That way everyone got it frome everywhere.

Nice work.

You would have to PM Rod about a contest.

Be aware, we don't post 'bomb' content on this forum.

Please feel free to let me know if anything else needs to be removed. Thanks. In the future just let me know how to post my work and I'll be happy to do so. :thumbs:

If it were to transpire it would with complete authorization of the board and the contest could be in any format they were pleased with. That's if they would even be interested. I did that contest to promote giving for the holidays.

those are sooo nice, I love the one with the drawers.
Thank you very much. I built that one for my BIL but my niece moved back in and he didn't have the room for it any more. Now I'm building him another smaller one to trade him back for it. That one took me 6 months to build. To date it's my finest piece. I can't wait to have it back in my office. I do miss it. :(

Stunning!

Your talent shows your passion for woodworking and your patience for "getting it right". I can only imagine how many hours goes into works of art like those. You see hugely expensive humidors for sale all the time and they look beautiful but when all is said and done they are generally made from templates in a factory by obviously talented employees and then sold at a huge mark-up to people who have more money than sense.

Humidors like yours, made from the heart of your imagination with a passion and love for the wood that is only matched by extremely rare talent would be difficult to put a price on. I would even go so far to say they are "priceless" in the sense that sure, you could probably charge any price you wanted for them and get it but I have a feeling you aren't building them for the money.

Thanks for sharing!

:thumbs:

Danny

I humbly thank you so very much for such a fine compliment. I really do feel the way you describe about my woodworking. It doesn't matter how long it takes to make it. The only thing that matters is the journey I enjoy while I build it. Funny part is, I usually don't have a place to put it when I'm done. Now my office has become my place of choice. My desk top sits on the dining room table for now. (too much crap on my desk at work) Thank you again my friend. :thumbs:

HM,

You are a true craftsman.

Not sure anything else need be said.

Talent humility, and integrity: winning combo

Tim

Okay, so where's the "My first born for a 500 count chest humidor" line end?