• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm a new member so I thought I'd share my hobby

Thanks, I can't count how many people say that. It really does have many personalities. :thumbs: That hasn't even been sanded or finished yet either. What I hate about it is waiting for the big pic to pop in my head. :whistling:

Holy crap. Those are the most beautiful humidors I have ever seen. Truly a talent my friend. Welcome!

My brain is hurting from trying to figure out how you achieved the two-tone effect with the dovetails - really beautiful workmanship.

Wow, just wow!!!!!!!!!
Makes my feeble attempt at the "Clock'idor" look, well feeble.
Amazing work there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my 80 year old grandfather has been working with wood from the time he could walk around the shop with his father and he said those humidors are some of the most gorgeous work of art he has ever seen and the ashtray is just stunning! So if you can impress him you know you have some skills great stuff man. rp

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Those humi's are fantastic really beautiful craftsmanship. You should be very proud of yourself.

That ashtray really is too beautiful to ash in.

Once in awhile...life offers you a chance to appreciate true talent and exceptionalism.

Like Tiger Woods...Mark Phelps...

Sir, your humidor craftsmanship is truly admired and in demand...

You guys are all too kind. Thank you for all the kind compliments and the warm welcome. I think I'm gonna like it here. :thumbs: I have another one I'm working on right now that I'll post later. I do have A step by step build of the second one. It has around 100 pictures of the build. I really screwed it up A couple times before I got it right. They say you can measure A woodworker, not by the finished piece but by how well he hid his mistakes. I'm pretty good at hiding my mistakes. :laugh: If I can make the time I can post the build some day. Again i'd like to thank you all for the warm welcome.

As far as the clock-a-dor goes, I think that is A fantastic Idea. That is A very creative way to build A humidor. I only wish I'd have thought of it. I really think you have something there. Very nice job.

Wow! Just wow! I think I sat there just gazing at your craftsmanship for a half hour. That is truly some amazing works of art, and yes, the wooden hinges are amazing in themselves. did you craft them yourself as well?

I've made a few things from wood. Several ended up as firewood and kindling, but others turned out well and I was proud of them.

I see yours, and I'm picking my jaw up off the floor. You are a natural artist and craftsman, sir.

WOW!!! Your humidors are absolutely the most beautiful crafted humi's I have ever seen. I can only imagine what they look like in real life. I'm sure like others have said you will have many standing in a line to get a shot of buying one of your humis. Also, welcome to CP.

Guys, his craftsmanship is more impressive in real live. I was fortunate enough to meet Bill on Friday night and the two humidors he had with him were truly impressive.

Hi Strayvector. Thanks again for inviting me here (it's his fault I'm here) and thank you all for your wonderful and kind compliments. Someone asked about the hinges, yes I make those too. That's one of the hardest parts to get right. As far as the joinery goes, it's a dovetail, in a dovetail, into another dovetail. That took years to perfect. For me, I'd rather be building A humidor than watching re-runs on TV. My LOML works nights so I go to my work shop, have A cigar and build stuff. Again, thank you all so very much for your kindness.

BTW I'm finishing another ashtray tomorrow. I'll post pics asap.