• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm going to lose 100 lbs.

Weight is 305 this morning but belt is looser, probably water from eating thise yummy fries.

Blood sugar has been low so I called the Doc and he cut my medicine in half so today is a very good day!

304 lbs this morning (up 1 lb) Blood sugar on the low side 70.

It takes and hour and thirty five minutes to walk to Super Walmart but luckily when the Mrs. calls to figure out where you are, you can invite her to breakfast and skip the walk home.
Hint on walking: If you can sing, then you're not walking fast enough. If you can't talk, then you're walking too fast. If you're walking fast enough that you can't sing, but slow enough to still hold a conversation, then that's perfect. I walked for months with a heart rate monitor and alarms, and it is amazing how well that simple rule talking/singing rule correlates with the optimum heart rate range for fitness/weight-loss walking.

Congrats on the progress! :thumbs:

Stuck like a stone at 305 lbs. Walked 3 miles yesterday, just over 2 the day before and plan to go hoof it a bit today.

First time to check my sugar since the Doc reduced my medicine, blood sugar 98.

Stuck like a stone at 305 lbs. Walked 3 miles yesterday, just over 2 the day before and plan to go hoof it a bit today.

Congrats on the weight you have lost already. I think everyone hits the wall at some point, but you will get over it as long as you continue on your path. Just one word of caution, do not cut your calories too much, as your body will shut down and go into starvation mode. I am looking to drop 40 pounds or so myself.

Ken

Congrats on the weight you have lost already. I think everyone hits the wall at some point, but you will get over it as long as you continue on your path. Just one word of caution, do not cut your calories too much, as your body will shut down and go into starvation mode. I am looking to drop 40 pounds or so myself.

Ken

Good on both of you!
Steam inspired me to do this as well. My goal is 35-40 pounds as well. So far I hit five of it in two weeks of just cutting out sweets, smaller portion meals, going from nothing, to a light breakfast, and excersize.

Oh yeah! I cut out beer for now too! :(

Good work so far! Hitting a weight loss plateau is VERY common, don't let it discourage you. Sometimes there are things you can do to jump start the weight loss again, but often you just have to ride it out (it can go on for several weeks). Basically your body gets used to the new routine - your new caloric intake, exercise routine, etc. Sometimes a simple change in activity help a lot - like if you've been walking for your primary exercise, try something else like a work out video, swimming, or adding in some additional weight training activities. Also, a little splurge with the diet every now and then actually helps, as it keeps your body guessing and doesn't let it get into a caloric rut.

Good for you on the diet! Congrats :thumbs:

I cut out all carbs and sugar just before Thanksgiving. I don't eat bread, potatoes, pasta, rice or any processed foods. It took a couple weeks to really get over the sugar cravings, but now I don't even miss it. I indulge every now and then, but it doesn't lead me back (which was my fear). I figure I can do anything for 90 days and if I decide I want to eat like crazy again, then I just will.

So I was 175 lbs and now I'm in at 159 lbs. I've also been running and lifting. It's amazing how quick the abs come back with a little diet/exercise adjustment. When I think of eating chocolate I just drop and crank out 50 pushups and 50 crunches. That takes away the craving.

The downside to the exercise (or maybe it's an upside) is that I'm less inclined to want to smoke a cigar. The last cigar I had was on New Year's in Hawaii. It was a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003. And it was underwhelming (unfortunately).

Anyway... best of luck on your weight loss. You should be proud of yourself!

Hope my 2 week plataue has ended as I went under 300 this morning. Not sure why considering what I ate last night (more than the 3 cups of popcorn I am allowed & fried chicken fingers)
Last nights supper was a break from diet due to convenience. Didn't really over eat though.

On another note. Did yo guys see the article on drinking green tea daily doubled weight loss in a recent study? I love tea and happen to have an unopened box of green tea bags. Already on my second pitcher of iced tea.

Hope my 2 week plataue has ended as I went under 300 this morning. Not sure why considering what I ate last night (more than the 3 cups of popcorn I am allowed & fried chicken fingers)
Last nights supper was a break from diet due to convenience. Didn't really over eat though.

On another note. Did yo guys see the article on drinking green tea daily doubled weight loss in a recent study? I love tea and happen to have an unopened box of green tea bags. Already on my second pitcher of iced tea.

I was 301 lbs this morning. I hope to join you in the under 300 club soon.

I weighed myself again and was up slightly so may still be in a plateau. Cloth type make a difference. time of day.

I weighed myself again and was up slightly so may still be in a plateau. Cloth type make a difference. time of day.

Same time of day is very important. First thing in the norning you are lighter and it is easier for me to be consistent. Also, don't weigh everyday because weight is a cruel bitch. If you eat a little more salt today, you will probably be heavier tomorrow and may other factors can easily make a two or three pound difference in guys our size.

I just wanted to say that you both are doing great! I did want to also put the suggestion out there that you do not weigh every day. I used to spend summers with my grandmother and let me tell you...the schedule was a bitch. Walking 5 miles each and every day, rain or shine, 3 days a week at the club in aerobics class, at least 2 at home, and on the last couple of summers I spent with her, I was hitting the weights 3-5 times a week(more so on that cause it got addictive) and I had summers where I counted calories to go along with it. She was a SLAVE DRIVER! LOL But the one thing I always kept consistent was that every Sunday I got up and that is when I weighed. No other time did I even look at the scale. It is true that weight is a cruel bitch and seeing those numbers every single day can get VERY discouraging. And eventually, you might even begin to anticipate that one day a week, especially if you have been doing a really good job and you are looking forward to seeing the results.

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats!

Melly

299 and like 9/10ths very close but the needle was definetely -300 lbs. Blood sugar 95.

That's fantastic, congrats on breaking through that barrier, keep it going!

Well the wife and I went to the movies to see Taken. If you you think Borne was good you will love Taken even more.
Had buttered popcorn with a Diet Dr Pepper and went out after for dessert afterwards. It was Valentines day so hey. We did exercise later to make up for it though :whistling: