• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm going to lose 100 lbs.

Just keep at it! I hope 2011 holds better things in store for you and your wife.

Steamboat, I wish you luck in your endeavors. I have a friend who was 350, and he is 19. He has lost over 140 pounds. Diet was the main way; he eats 5-6 meals every day. These meals are relatively small, but they keep his metabolism going. With a higher metabolism, you'll lose weight quicker. Add some cardio work...get on an elliptical and work on that for 30 minutes 3 times a week and slowly increase your time on and your frequency doing it.

I cannot speak from experience, but I have seen my friends results first hand. I hope this helps..

I haven't updated this thread for a while, weight loss seems to have stopped but my body size is smaller. I weighed 292 this morning. I found an old picture that I think might be my trophy weight probably 2006 or 2007 so I snapped a not very flattering photo of myself this morning. My hands are in my pockets because these pants will fall without a belt. After I posted this, the photos didn't seem all that different other than my head isn't completely round and I seem to have found my neck although some of it is still missing.

fatandy.jpg

march2011andy.jpg

Keep up the good work Steamboat. I'm on very much the same journey right now. Started the year at 396 and the shear thought of being 400 lbs woke me up. I'm 6'4 and built like an offensive tackle and was in the best shape of my life at 280 lbs but that was many moons ago!! Slow and steady is the only way. I'm currently at 365 so just over 30 lbs lost since mid January. No crazy "diet" plans here just trying to burn more than I take in every week. Good luck!!!

Keep up the good work Steamboat. I'm on very much the same journey right now. Started the year at 396 and the shear thought of being 400 lbs woke me up. I'm 6'4 and built like an offensive tackle and was in the best shape of my life at 280 lbs but that was many moons ago!! Slow and steady is the only way. I'm currently at 365 so just over 30 lbs lost since mid January. No crazy "diet" plans here just trying to burn more than I take in every week. Good luck!!!

That is the way I chose, trying to create a healthy lifestyle that will bring my weight down to a healthy level is the most difficult thing I have ever attempted.

Steamboat, that is awesome !!!!! Food is also the drug of choice for me too !!! But like you, i choose to change my life style,my diet, and i joined a gym. April 12th last year i weighed in at 372, this morning i weighed in at 307.I'm not done, but i am getting there !!!!

chin up my friend,you can do it !!!! We all falter from time to time, but the trick is not to let it get you down !!

Steamboat, that is awesome !!!!! Food is also the drug of choice for me too !!! But like you, i choose to change my life style,my diet, and i joined a gym. April 12th last year i weighed in at 372, this morning i weighed in at 307.I'm not done, but i am getting there !!!!

chin up my friend,you can do it !!!! We all falter from time to time, but the trick is not to let it get you down !!

Awesome! This deserves the Steamboat Seal of Approval!

steamseal.jpg

Wish I has taken that advice a few months ago... was on a good track (Lost 50lbs) but got overwhelmed with the shitstorm that was my life and now I'm just a little shy of being completely back to square one :(

It takes a lot of desire and commitment to stick with it, I have nothing but respect for you and what you're doing :thumbs:

Hi Christo !! Congrats on the loss of weight !! You have proven to yourself you CAN do it !!!! Stress is huge!!! It affects almost every aspect of life .... as a matter of fact, that was one of the reasons i started smoking cigars, to help deal with the stress, and the other was it's better to have a cigar in my hand then food.

Whether it's Losing weight .quitting smoking, whatever, you have to make the decision in your mind ..... to me it's all about mentally beating it first .......

If ya wanna talk, just shoot me a PM or a email !!!!

Wish I has taken that advice a few months ago... was on a good track (Lost 50lbs) but got overwhelmed with the shitstorm that was my life and now I'm just a little shy of being completely back to square one :(

It takes a lot of desire and commitment to stick with it, I have nothing but respect for you and what you're doing :thumbs:

It helps to remember, if it were easy, there wouldn't be so many fat people.

You lost it once before so you know it can be done.

I walked the KY Derby festival Mini-Marathin today, 13.5 miles approximately 3 miles per hour. Here is a short, under 2 minutes, video made from cell phone photos. The photos suck but I didn't want to carry a camera.

Man, this is one he'll of a thread, but it gave me some good food for though (ha! pun). I topped out a 315 at the beginning of this year and decided I was done with my crappy lifestyle. At one point I weighed 215 (my healthy weight) and was built like a brick s••thouse. A month ago I started being more active again and peeled off 15 pounds pretty quickly. However, I still had bad eating habits. My wife suggested the Dukan diet because it teaches one how to eat more responsibly, and isn't a starvation or crazy low carb/low fat diet. I started Sunday and have already lost 6 more pounds. If you are having a bit of trouble or plateauing it might be something to look into. Oh and no hunger pangs or headaches thus far. It also allows out 11 year old to eat the same stuff (plus the few things we can't have to start with) so there is no cooking two meals. There is a silly thing to fill out that will shoe you when you should each your target weight, mine is the beginning of March 2012, and that might seem discouraging, but it gives me something attainable to reach for. I hope to be under 300 by the end of this week!

Anyhow, keep up the good fight. 13+ miles is nothing to shake a stick at.

One thing that is sort of helped me was that I found out I had diabetes. Being diabetic sorta forces you to cut back on sugar, which are empty calories.
Doesn't always work, but I'm trying harder.

I'm on Synthroid (thyroid gland removed due to cysts and tumors in '00) so at this point, my weight loss target is around 1200 calories a day---not a heckuva lot of food for a full grown adult! I've stabilized my weight by reducing plate size---I eat off a bread plate instead of a dinner plate, and all my meals fit on that tiny, tiny plate---pretty successfully, but to actually lose weight I'm going to have to up my physical activity quite a bit.

The challenge is exercising more without eating more. Right now, most of my exercise is walking the dog and mowing the lawn. I'm going to spend my summer off circuit training (something I've really enjoyed in the past) and see how that goes.

~Boar

I'm on Synthroid (thyroid gland removed due to cysts and tumors in '00) so at this point, my weight loss target is around 1200 calories a day---not a heckuva lot of food for a full grown adult! I've stabilized my weight by reducing plate size---I eat off a bread plate instead of a dinner plate, and all my meals fit on that tiny, tiny plate---pretty successfully, but to actually lose weight I'm going to have to up my physical activity quite a bit.

The challenge is exercising more without eating more. Right now, most of my exercise is walking the dog and mowing the lawn. I'm going to spend my summer off circuit training (something I've really enjoyed in the past) and see how that goes.

~Boar

1200 is very restricted. You might want to google cron-o-meter it is a free program designed for people on the CRON diet (Calorie Restricted Optimal Nutrition). You enter your stats, hight, weight, age, sex, etc... and your target calorie intake, then every day enter everything you eat and it will tell you if you are getting enough vitamins, minerals,fat,protein, etc... It is important to get proper nutrition. They have a option to track online but I don't think it is free. I think you can do something very similar for free on Lance Armstrong's livestrong.com but I didn't find it very user friendly.

I find cron-o-meter very helpful. Like last week, we ate at Olive garden, I had soup and salad. Super healthly lunch, right? I go to Olive Garden's website when I get home, enter my lunch into cron-o-meter and Wrong! 3 small bowls of salad, two bowls of soup and one breadstick was like 1800 calories.

I am back on track at the moment with a target of 2,000 calories but I don't freak unless I hit 3,000. A guy my size that is walking on a regular basis should lose weight at 3,000 calories.

If I drop below 2,000 I start to have issues with low blood sugar. I take Metformin for my diabetes so I have to perform a little balancing act.

I weighed 282 this morning and my blood sugar was 90.

One thing that is sort of helped me was that I found out I had diabetes. Being diabetic sorta forces you to cut back on sugar, which are empty calories.
Doesn't always work, but I'm trying harder.

The problem with diabetes, everybody's diabetes is different. I might eat something and my blood sugar will spike and you might eat the same thing and not have near as strong of a reaction. You have to learn your disease. It drove me crazy trying to figure it out until I discovered that my diabetes isn't like your diabetes and while general principles apply, the devil is in the details.