• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

broblues

planning and plotting
I just want to inform all of the Brothers here of something I've been going through.

On March 27th an X-Ray I requested showed a mass on my right lower lung.

Through extensive testing over the past 8 weeks it has been determined I have Stage 4 lung cancer that has metastasized into several areas of my body.  It is terminal.  Unless something amazing happens Christmas could be a stretch.

I've been told to quit enjoying my passion, which obviously takes my cigar smoking away.

I had my 1st chemo Wednesday.  We are treating it very aggressively.  I got through it.

My wife and I are using what time I have to minimize our lives so that we can transition from our country home with 4 acres to a condo so she doesn't have to try to maintain the property.  It's a lot of work, she can't do it.

As I first stated I am not looking for sympathy I just want my Brothers here to know why I have been fading a little around here.  I have a contact here on the board that has been kind enough when the time comes to let everyone know.

I've enjoyed my stay here, and intend to stay as active as I can, as long as I can. 

Keep working to keep this place the great place it has been.

I'll be seeing you on the board.

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry to hear that Steve. All you can do is make the most of the current time. Chemo I know is a real bitch. I hope you tolerate it well. Perhaps some prayers are in order, good things do happen. You are on my list Steve, take care.

Fuck! I don't know what else to say.

Doc

Holy shit Steve.  I don't have a good response at the moment other than to say I'm truly saddened to hear this of course.

You obviously have other priorities to tend to, but I sincerely appreciate you letting us know.  I hear what you're saying on the timeline, but things happen, and I know I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the outlook to change.

If you ever need anything....well, we are all here.

Thank you for sharing your story Steve. Even though you're not looking for a bunch of "I'm sorry, or thoughts and prayers post", I'd much rather hear it from you, than wondering what happened to Steve six months from now.

I guess bombing you wouldn't be appropriate right now, would it? :laugh:

Steve - I am terribly sorry to hear this.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. 

Wow, man. Full suck. I won't throw any sympathy at you but I will keep you on my thoughts. Unfortunately, I've had several people around my affected by this disease recently and have learned that positive thinking and making the most of every day can go all long way.

Best to you.

Steve - I don't have the words.  Makes the little day to day bull shit we put up with seem completely meaningless.  My best thoughts are with you and your family.

Steve, I'm sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers will certainly be with you and your family. As others have said let us know if there is anything we can do brother.

Steve thank you for your courage in telling us brother, I can't imagine what I'd do. My family will be praying for you and I want to let you know your family on CP will as well. Please keep us in the loop and I pray you draw near to your loved ones in this time.

Steve, I am very sorry to hear this!  Prayers are going out for you and your family.  I am not that far south of you, if you and your family are in need of hep, please let me know, I would be happy to drive up and mow the lawn!  Keep strong and keep the loving mindset it sounds like you have.

Steve, I don't know what to say Brother other than know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep up the fight my friend. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

Chin up Steve, no f'in way you're giving up without a fight!...I love ya' man and you're in my prayers every day.  

Man that isn't good to hear, you'll be in my thoughts.

Do not go gentle into that good night. My uncle beat advanced lung cancer, it can be done.

I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my prayers...god bless.

Have no idea what to say Steve.

Remember, you have a family here also.  If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!