• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

Just saw this, Steve. I wish you and your family the very best. Fight on.

Steve, thanks for letting us all know that you are going through this.  I know it is going to be hard to see the positive, but try and hang in there and have a great attitude.  Miracles do happen in science and medicine every day.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers on a daily basis.

Dear Steve,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cparker

Steve...I'm sorry to hear this sad news.  My thoughts and prayers are with both you and your wife.  This is definitely going to be the fight of your life, but it sounds like you are up for it and taking all the right steps/precautions.  Best of luck to you...

Much respect for sharing your story with us. You are in my thoughts and prayers throughout this fight.

We are all rooting for you!

Damn this hurts me more than I thought it should. I don't even know you, other than your posts on CP. I've debated about posting anything in this thread because I wasn't sure how to write without expressing sympathy. But my heart finally got the best of me, mainly because saying something is way better than saying nothing. There are plenty of brothers telling you to fight the good fight and I throw my hat into the ring with them. I also offer the testimony that my mother-in-law lived for 4 years after being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.

Thanks for trusting this community with your personal battle. 

- Steve

I recently just lost someone close to me who fought long and hard against cancer for years longer than she was expected to.  Those remaining few years were the best of her life.

Make it count, brother, as I'm sure you always have and are still doing.  We're all here thinking of you and as many have said...need anything, just ask.

Peace and good thoughts.

Keep on keepin' on...

...and enjoy a couple corona...

corona-girls1-620x330.jpg

My thoughts definitely go out to you brother.  Truly hope you can beat it, stay strong man, stay strong as you can!

The hair is about gone (there wasn't that much there to begin with).  Wednesday I will have my 2nd chemo.  This one is scheduled for 6 hours, the first was 8 hours.

The outpouring of support has been amazing.  I have received cards of support and caring from people and places I don't know.  This is not a lonely trip.  Everyone is wonderful.

Thanks guys, for your support.  It does help.

Steve

grateful1 said:
Keep on keepin' on...

...and enjoy a couple corona...

corona-girls1-620x330.jpg

broblues said:
If you don't mind, I think I'll have those warm. :laugh:
Ok, I'm a slow learner, which WHAT would you prefer Warm? Obviously your eyesight and humor are still good.

Thanks for the update Steve.  Glad to hear you are still in good spirits.

2nd chemo today. 7:30 am until 3:00 pm. It went very well. So, I am tolerating the chemo well. What we won't know for a few weeks yet, is how well the chemo is working. There will be another PET scan to check for shrinkage.

Thanks for your kind words and support.

I'll keep you posted on this thread for those that are interested.

Steve

broblues said:
2nd chemo today. 7:30 am until 3:00 pm. It went very well. So, I am tolerating the chemo well. What we won't know for a few weeks yet, is how well the chemo is working. There will be another PET scan to check for shrinkage.

Thanks for your kind words and support.

I'll keep you posted on this thread for those that are interested.

Steve
We are all interested and pulling for you brother!