• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

UPDATE:

I had a PET scan Monday and found out the results yesterday at my 4th chemo session.

The lung mass shrunk from 8 cm to 5 cm.  there was shrinkage in the lesions on the liver and the lymph nodes are showing improvement.  My Oncologist wasn't happy with the results, he felt there should have been a bigger change.  I'll take what I can get.

I go I today for an injection to stimulate my bones to supply more white cells as my level is slowly decreasing.

I am scheduled for another 3 cycles of the same therapy (starting with yesterdays), then another PET.

At that point my body will be pretty well beat up from the main chemo I receive and it will be stopped and a maintenance regimen will be put in place.

That's it for now.

Thanks to all for the prayers and wishes of encouragement.  They certainly are appreciated.

Steve

Steve,

I'm glad things are moving in the right direction!  I've had two success stories in my family recently I wanted to share.  My brother in law has had stage 4 cancer twice in the past 5-6 years.  The first bout was done in by surgery and a new beta test drug.  He was clean for several years and it came back, once again to have its ass kicked by the next generation of the beta drug.

A family friend has recently gone through 3 cycles of painfully strong chemo and was rewarded with a diagnosis of full remission.  He was given 3 months to live before remission.

You are seeing progress, and there are plenty of success stories, which you can add your name to that list soon.  There are also different ways to fight.  There is a lot of new research, treatments and drugs that are so new few doctors are aware of them.  Research, learn, and see if there are other ways to go to battle if you not seeing results from the chemo.

I'm exceptionally glad to hear the success stories! :love: My father (62) just got diagnosed with brain tumors, lung and bone cancer. He's gone through radiation for the brian and bone and his first round of chemo. Seems to be handling things okay, but his legs are shot. All this in the matter of two weeks. Went in for a sore back and came out with terminal cancer and weeks to live without treatment... :( Sorry for the threadjack, but I'd rather have this buried here... Happily I was able to travel back to the States last week to spend some time with the family there. He's all there mentally, but he just gets tired very fast. Planning to take the entire family back in the coming weeks. On the one hand, I want them to see each other, but on the other hand, I don't know if I want their last thoughs of Grandpa to be in the hospital... this fucking sucks.

Steve- great news! Fight for life and kick cancers ass!!

John I would say do it for him. They can witness the circle of life- I guess it depends how old they are. My dad died when I was young and always wished I got to see him one more time. It is complicated. Your dad will pull through!!

Steve, take all the positive steps you can get.  They may lead to recovery.  Prayers continued your way!

John, I feel for ya.  It's a tough call to see one last time or not!  I wish I could un-see my grandma's last days!  It wasn't her in that bed!!  Prayer to you and yours as well.

Floyd T.

Steve, thanks for the follow up brother. And like Floyd said prayers are still coming your way!

John, I'm sorry to hear that and will be praying for your father as well. Stay strong brother.

Cancer freaking sucks.

I have two works for this "cancer sucks because it takes the good ones away too soon.. Just realize Steve, you have a lot of guys in your corner!

Thanks for the update Steve, I look for one often.  Just keep on keepin' on brother.

Cancer sucks.......my thoughts are with you, your family and your Father. I wish you all..........THE BEST!!!!

Steve

That is good to hear Steve, keep the updates coming!

Damn, missed this thread when I was off the board. Glad to hear the good news from the update, and keep up the fight, Steve!

Treatment #5:  Everything went pretty well yesterday.  Because of how everything cycles, I received both barrels yesterday.  I was a little goofy last night.  I go back in today for another shot to stimulate white cell production (which was at normal levels prior to yesterday's treatment).  The past three weeks went fairly normal with the exception of adding a couple days to the amount of time until I start to feel a little better and am having slight bloody nose issues.  I can't wait to see what this treatment brings.  :whistling:  I only have one more major treatment (in 3 weeks)  then another PET scan, then they are dropping the heaviest chemo and putting me on a maintenance treatment.  I was asked yesterday if I would be interested in clinical trials after the current treatment has ended.  I think YES will be my answer.  Then at least I will maybe be helping someone else later.  Thanks for all of your support.  It helps.

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve, let us know the results of the PET scan and I'm glad that you decided to do the trials.

Thanks for the update.  Hopefully there will be a good amount to shrinkage to the tumor with the upcoming PET scan.