• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

Alright, busy week.  I went to the VA Monday for blood work.  Tuesday I had a PET scan, Wednesday I had Chemo and met with my Oncologist and today I had a consult with a VA Dr.  The good news..........my cancer is stable.  It has not grown (or shrunk) since September (my last PET scan).  I am happy of course.  We will continue with what we've been doing for 3 more months when we will have another PET.  Eventually things will change and then we will have to decide what's next.  But, in my "live life in 3 month increments" lifestyle, I am not going to worry about that any more than necessary.  The VA thing is being worked on.  I really hope I get help so I can afford to retire.  The chemo (every 3 weeks) I receive is $16,000.00 per treatment.  I can't do it with out some sort of health insurance.  I'll keep plugging until we find a satisfactory alternative.  Thanks guys.  Your support surely helps.

Steve

Good to hear there is no bad news this week.  Have you checked to see if the DAV can do anything on your behalf?  Thanks for the update.

Good to hear that it is in check. Hoping the VA gets off its rear and helps you out. One day at a time.

Yes chemo can be very expensive especially with newer drugs.

This is truly inspiring news....

Keep fighting, keep winning, keep living...

The 12th treatment went well.  I have made headway with the VA.  I will be able to receive medical benefits which will help greatly with the costs.  Actually my oncologist's group provides the oncology care for our local VA, so I can stay with them.  My Dr. will change, but that's a small price to pay. I have spoken with Social Security twice now and will talk again next Tuesday.  To start receiving disability benefits, I must work either 5 or 6 months and not make over $1070.00 month.  Then I can get disability.  In the mean time I can draw regular retirement benefits.  I am pleased with all of the things I was able to enjoy and be a part of last year.  Everyone that has supported me helped give me the strength I needed to get this far.  Thanks to all of you who have been there for me.  It most certainly has been appreciated!

Steve

That is some good news to start the year off with.  Keep up the fight.  We're rooting for you.

Best wishes and thoughts for kicking ass in the new year

Thanks for the update Steve.  Keep fighting!!!!

My 13th chemo treatment is over.  The next one will be at the VA.  I am retiring at the end of January, but will use accumulated vacation for a little over 6 weeks.  I will receive my 1st Social Security check in the middle of February.  Everything that I can report is pretty much the same otherwise.  We won't have another PET scan until sometime in March at which time I'll know if things are remaining stable.  Those of you that are healthy, cherish it!  I would give my left nut to remember what it's like to feel good.  :laugh:

Thanks for the support guys......especially you, Brian.

Steve

You've just got to make it through these treatments and you'll start feeling better again.
Keep your eye on the prize... Staying positive really makes a difference.
Thanks for the update, we are all cheering you on!
My brother-in-law beat lukemia this last year and I have faith that you will make it through this too.

Keep it up Steve. Thanks for the update and hope you have a great weekend planned with friends and family.

Glad you are doing well Steve. Remember Willie's song, "Always on Our Mind"