• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

Keep picturing yourself cancer free.  "To think is to create"

That is good to hear, I continue to have you in my thoughts!

Excellent, my friend. We all only have this moment so enjoy the hell out of it!

You got aches and pains? I got aches and pains. Take some motrin. It's good for everything from hang nails to sucking chest wounds. :rolleyes:

Doc

Thanks for this update, I am glad that things have taken a positive turn. You are still in our prayers.

Great to hear Steve!  Appreciate the updates and looking forward to the next.

Great news brother we are wishing you well and thank you for the update.

Paul

Appreciate the update Steve, hoping that "feeling better" part happens for you sooner, rather than later.

Thanks for the update Steve.  It's great to hear that you are in partial remission, and the cancer is under control right now.

It has been 3 weeks again.......wow, time sure flies.  I had my 9th treatment yesterday which was the 3rd Avastin only treatment.  I go back in next week for a bone strengthener (Zometa).  There is really no new news to share.  You can't see if anything is growing or shrinking without a PET scan so until then, unless something goes wrong this update is the same as the last.  The PET should happen some time in December.  I will check in here every 3 weeks and keep everyone that checks this post updated.

Thanks again for your support.

Steve

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Steve.  Wishing you the best as always.

No news is good news. But I got questions. How are you feeling? Are the treatments tolerable? etc. etc. Inquiring, nosey folks want to know.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
No news is good news. But I got questions. How are you feeling? Are the treatments tolerable? etc. etc. Inquiring, nosey folks want to know.

Doc
 Always glad to answer questions.

I'm feeling tired most of the time.  Now, with the Avastin maintenance therapy, at least I can pretty well think clearly.  (Chemo brain is a drag)  The Carbo / Taxol / Avastin combination treatments (6) got progressively harder to take.  Had there been 7 treatments, I don't know how I would have done.  My body was wearing out.  And so was my will to kick this things ass.  But I made it.  The Avastin is very tolerable.  Probably a runny nose constantly is the worst side effect.  The bone strengthener in combination with the Avastin seem to exacerbate the pain of my arthritis in my hands and gives me joint, muscle and bone aches.  I don't take any medication for pain yet except arthritis strength Acetaminofin when it's necessary.  (not too often)  I am still working, I will continue to work unless either the VA or Social Security will step up and help me get disability.  If not, I'll keep working until I have no other option.  Freaking insurance coverage is the hold up.  I smoke cigars on Friday nights with my group of cronies.  It is a wonderful change of pace.  I got to meet my 1st granddaughter 3 weeks ago (we have 5 grandsons) an hour after she was born.  So that was a goal I was pleased to have met.  Living life in 3 week segments isn't fun but it beats any other option available.  This is a slow process, thanks primarily to the drugs that are keeping me alive.  I have a very good attitude and outlook.  I am not afraid.  I hope this helps you understand a little better.  If you have any other questions, lung cancer education is one of the goals I have.

Oh, Avastin (for those other than Doc)  is a targeted drug (not chemo) that blocks the body's ability to grow new blood vessels so the cancer can't spread.  Cancer is smart though and will eventually figure out a way around it.

Really glad to hear that you are doing as well as you are, and with such a great attitude. :thumbs: