• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Indoor Smoke Ventilation?

With this smoking in the basement, you should be careful, and if you don't get the proper duct system, you can heavily damage your health while smoking, but if you want to make a poker room in your basement, it may sound good for me lol. I suggest you get the best fans and ensure that your duct is clean so you will not have any health-related problems. Ultimately, you choose that to do with your health, but smoking cigarettes in a secure place is not a great idea. Don't forget to approach the professional air duct company topairsystems.com which will help you with setting your duct system properly

I saw a good review of the Rabbit Air A3 vs the A2 on YouTube. Pushed me over the edge to buy the A3. It's pricey, but it clears the smoke out good. I smoke once or twice a week indoors and you can't tell there was ever a cigar in the room. I mounted it in the top corner of my room where the AC blows in that direction, it works great.

I saw a good review of the Rabbit Air A3 vs the A2 on YouTube. Pushed me over the edge to buy the A3. It's pricey, but it clears the smoke out good. I smoke once or twice a week indoors and you can't tell there was ever a cigar in the room. I mounted it in the top corner of my room where the AC blows in that direction, it works great.
I’m ready to pull the trigger finally, I want it in the garage so I can leave the garage closed during the winter. I emailed rabbit air to see if the cold temps of the garage will effect the unit. Leaning towards the bigger A2 but I can be persuaded. Hoping they do a Black Friday sale next week. I’ll update once they reply

Quick reply from them
Our best air purifiers for cigar smokers are the A3 and MinusA2 models (SPA-700A and SPA-780A/N). The A3 and MinusA2 air purifiers have six stages of purification and can be customized to target strong odors like Cigar smoke. With the addition of odor remover customized filter, the MinusA2 and A3 deodorization efficiency are the best among all our models.

Here is a link to the MinusA2 - https://www.rabbitair.com/products/minusa2-air-purifier?variant=29446108020759

And here is a link to our new A3 - https://www.rabbitair.com/products/a3-air-purifier?variant=32939531108375

If you would like more in-depth videos from a cigar smoking perspective you can find 2 excellent video by JeremySiers on Youtube here:

• MinusA2 -
  • A3 -

In regards to your situation both the MinusA2 SPA-700A and MinusA2 SPA-780A units would work in your situation. The larger the coverage area on the unit the faster it is going to remove smoke from the area.
Regarding the temperature the air purifier is recommended to be installed and used inside a home or building with a temperature range between (32 ~ 104 Fahrenheit) so as long as it is not dropping below freezing on a regular occasion you should be in a good place.

Regarding WiFi it is really up to you, it is useful but not 100% necessary. Our MinusA2 models come with remote controls and POLLEN mode which will automatically increase and decrease the fan speed when it senses pollutants (Smoke) in the environment.

I love Jeremy Siers, that guy makes some awesome videos.
This is the video that convinced me to upgrade to the A3. It seems like it's worth it over the A2 after watching this:

That’s absoloutely ridiculous, i have a couple ideas but i just think its a waste of time. He’s probably just talking out of his ass trying to impress people saying hes got a cigar room and would never really pay for a well designed system.
netgear login

pikashow apk

Last edited:
That’s absoloutely ridiculous, i have a couple ideas but i just think its a waste of time. He’s probably just talking out of his ass trying to impress people saying hes got a cigar room and would never really pay for a well designed system.
I agree. @CBoukal constantly tells people how awesome his garage is for smoking. He parks his most expensive luxury automobile in the background of every Vherf like his is some kind of Instagram Influencer and always looks off camera to show off his neatly manicured beard, money bags. It’s probably all just a facade. Some sort of instagram filter to make him seem fancy. Ridiculous indeed.

I agree. @CBoukal constantly tells people how awesome his garage is for smoking. He parks his most expensive luxury automobile in the background of every Vherf like his is some kind of Instagram Influencer and always looks off camera to show off his neatly manicured beard, money bags. It’s probably all just a facade. Some sort of instagram filter to make him seem fancy. Ridiculous indeed.
Lol thanks Jon I appreciate the support
Was he talking about me? Really glad he joined to offer his valuable input

Update on Rabbit Air A3:
I made a post a while back that I was going to take the risk and buy a Rabbit Air A3 for my garage. I got it and played with it for 10 days. Here are the results:

My space: I was using it in a 3 car garage with the doors closed. My hope was that it would clean the air good enough to keep the garage closed. I do have very high ceilings in the garage and an extra 12x12 area that isn't normal in a 3 car garage.
The test: I hung it on the wall at first above the smoking area. I felt it did nothing so I added a fan across the room that was blowing AT the A3. That changed a little bit but more likely because it was blowing the smoke around rather than getting it into the A3 to clean it.
Then I moved it onto the table beside me. I tried it on low and it didn't do really anything, so I changed it to high speed. This helped but it is loud when its in high speed mode. (it even shook the table). My wife and I felt a little light headed and had upset stomach's after a night of sitting directly by it with it on high. I can't swear it caused it but the next day we both felt fine. We tried it again on medium speed the next day and it still felt really smoky in the garage and we ended up opening the garage anyway.

The Good:
It does seem to clean the air and would do a much better job in a smaller room with lower ceilings. I still think the room will be smokey, but I think it will clean it out nicely over the following 3-4 hours after you stop smoking.
They are true to their word about the 90 day return policy, they sent me a return label right away and its going back this week
Their customer service people are very friendly and helpful.

The Bad:
The unit kept disconnecting itself from my wifi. It would work for a day, then disconnect. Then I would have to delete it from the app and reconnect it. Then it would work fine again.
The unit seems like its strength is more cleaning the air after you smoke than it does while you are smoking. I noticed this at hearth on Sunday also. The basement had (2) A2's and it was very smokey in there. However as people left I was noticing it was cleaning up the air in time.

Final thoughts:
Smoking cigars takes time. If you went into a room in your house and smoked for 30 minutes and left, this unit would be awesome. You can set it to run for the next 2 hours and it'll clean the room pretty well. However it would be smokey until you stop smoking. As the room gets bigger its ability to do that gets worse. It is rated to 1080 sq ft, but I wouldn't be comfortable with over 600 and with normal height ceilings.

So, basically, you should have just paid for a well-designed system for your cigar room?

So, basically, you should have just paid for a well-designed system for your cigar room?
Yes, but a smoking room isn’t in the cards for us until Ethan goes to college

Yes, but a smoking room isn’t in the cards for us until Ethan goes to college
How much does a well designed system run?
Just so my humor is not mistaken for outright dickery...