• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

International Stout Day!

OUTSTANDING! this gives me a reason to go shopping for a few Stouts for Thursday night Football!

Mike are there any you would recommend?

Paul

Any of the Great Divide Yeti Series, Founders Breakfast, or Hoppin Frog for starters.

Makes me wish I was back in Ireland. Not sure what CA beers you get out there but also look for North Coast Old Rasputin, Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin, Alesmith Speedway Stout, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, etc.

Any of the Great Divide Yeti Series, Founders Breakfast, or Hoppin Frog for starters.

Makes me wish I was back in Ireland. Not sure what CA beers you get out there but also look for North Coast Old Rasputin, Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin, Alesmith Speedway Stout, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, etc.

You should be able to get some Otter Creek up there. Their Oatmeal Stout and their Stove Pipe Stout are pretty good.

Well lots of great recommendations guys thank you. However I struck out big in NH with all your recommendations accept for the Old Rasputin which I have had many times and it is delicious!
John funny thing I learned with on of your recommendations. The Founders Breakfast will most likly never be carried in NH due to its label having a baby on it...LOL

Here is a picture of what I picked up.

gallery_13257_1558_632297.jpg

I am looking forward to the Rogue Double Chocolate. I have had the regular chocolate stout but I guess this is a limited release but a little pricey at $13.95

I was also looking forward to the Southern Tier 2x Stout till this happened loading them into the beer fridge...

gallery_13257_1558_356940.jpg

Thanks again Guys and I hope you have a couple your self tonight!
Paul

Strange about the label law Paul. Another to try is Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout...... Yum!

On Jfields recommendation, I shared a Great Divide Yeti Chocolate Oak Aged Stout with my neighbor. It was pretty darn good.I paired it with a Rocky Patel Edge maduro. Thanks to Jfields for the recommendation and Mu Mike for pointing out Stout day.

Flying Saucer has Firestone Walker Parabola tapping tonight. Might have to sneak by there for an hour or so after work.

Paul :(

I love Southern Tier stouts and it's sad to see one fall like that. If you want to try the Hoppin' Frog stouts let me know...they make them about 15 minutes from the house and they are fantastic. They aren't cheap but they are worth it!

I think Thirsty Dog Siberian Night comes out soon too.

The Victory Storm King you have is really good too. If you really want a good one look for some the barrel-aged stouts.