• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Introducing...

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!

264108_165410610196424_100001824577365_364268_2805884_n.jpg

The newest addition to the Swissy household... a Swissy! (Greater Swiss Mountain Dog)

Little girl Ruby joined us last night, after a short trip out to pick her up in the Colombia River Gorge. Thanks to Tom for a stopover at the new and vastly improved Casa BBS! Lovely smokes, and drinks consumed (mmmm Pappy 20) along with an outstanding meal prepped by Mrs. BBS started off the trip right! Thanks again Tommy! A stop for a day in Salem to meet my new grand-nephew, then up to the Gorge via Oregon City and a stopover at Christopher Bridge Winery, home of the Wine Dog 'Ajax', a behemoth of a Swissy boy! And just as goofy and lovable as my guy Porter - just bigger. LOTS of wine consumed, a insisting host that I crash there, more wine and some cigars by a fire. Thanks for the loaners Tom... huge success on the selection! Recovering in the am left a drive to the Gorge, see our breeder again, and a chance to play with my angel Amber's sister and mom! Kinda hard, but terribly good too. Grab the puppy, decide that Ruby 'fits to a tee' (Tom... chick beer yes, but she's about as sweet)

Best part was flying first class with her... guy next to me was NOT terribly happy to see me sit down with a pup, but she did GREAT on the flight, never complained, and the guy even commented on how well behaved she was. He had no idea it was a 9week old pup!

Porter is still undecided... he's now at the point of looking like us as if saying ' Ok, they usually leave by now' but so far no problems. Ruby is pretty careful about getting to ramped up next to him since one of the older dogs at the kennel was cranky with the pups. Not a bad thing, in that she already has the training by another dog to know her place. As soon as he realizes she's here to say I'm sure he'll be romping with her in the yard.

Anyways, the training begins, the potty training, the bite inhibition, packs, carts, beer and cigars! We'll see if she's like Amber in that she liked to smell them and sit with me while I have one. Ruby is Amber's great grand niece, so you never know what traits will be similar. Hopefully a lot!

Nice pup! Here's hoping training goes well for everyone. :D

My wife and I are on the fence about getting a new puppy, but we'll most likely wait until next summer. Does that breed take well to training? We have had dogs that were easy and some that were very stubborn.

Congrats on the new addition to the family Jim! That one good looking pup!

Now we will see who trains whom.... :laugh:

Edit to correct grammer.

Very nice looking pup. And sounds like you had a good trip to pick her up. She's sitting nicely for that picture; was that just luck?:laugh: It's almost like she is posing for it.

I can never get a good picture of my dog, he'll never sit still for one. I have a couple out of about 100+ that I have taken of him that are actually good. So, I tend to keeping shooting and eventually I'll get a good shot of him.

Great story about a great trip Jim. Your new family addition is so beautiful, I'm sure she'll make herself feel right at home with you guys the way you run things up there :thumbs:

As for the potty training, girls are so much easier than boys...whether it's dogs or kids!

Glad to hear the stop at Casa de'Science went well.....wait, don't tell me, you smoked a few Padrons!

Make sure you keep this post updated with your little girl's progress....

Grat's on the pup Jim....have fun with her training!...and take lots of pictures.

That sounds absolutely wonderful trip, thanks for sharing. And congrats on the new pup.

I love puppies! Other people's puppies.

That's great news Jim. Give her a few months and she'll put Porter in his place.

Jim congrats on the latest addition to the family!

Congrats on the new best friend! She's adorable.

One of the few time my wife walked passed and actually took interest in what I was looking at. She's familiar with the forum so my typing and browsing is nothing unusual. But it figures that a cute puppy would catch her eye. :laugh:

That is a great looking pup! Glad you have a new addition to the family.

SHes beautiful Jimbo!! I can't wait to meet her in two weeks!