• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPass Jazz Pass & Vine

Alright, after mulling this over for the last hour, here are my proposed P/T:

Take #28. Arturo Fuente BTL - Put #46. Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
Take #35. Arturo Fuente Anejo #49 - Put #47. Opus X Fuente Fuente
Take #39. San Cristobal El Morro - Put #48. Cohiba Robusto ISOM
Take #41 DCM #5 - Put #49 AF Shark #77
Take #43. Graycliff Espresso Robusto - Put #50. Ashton ESG

CD's

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue CD
John Coltrane - Blue Train CD

Two of my all-time favorite and classic jazz CD's (If I am not doing the music correctly, let me know).

What do you guys think?

Hey cincycigarman,

FYI, in any Pass when you do your P&T's try and take at least 1 of the original cigars if still available, just good form in a pass. Other than that, if nobody objects these look good to me.

Very cool music selection BTW :thumbs:

:cool:

You learn something every day!

That's advise that I'll heed, I was unaware that it is good form to take from the original list of cigars!
Thanks

Alright, after mulling this over for the last hour, here are my proposed P/T:

Take #28. Arturo Fuente BTL - Put #46. Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
Take #35. Arturo Fuente Anejo #49 - Put #47. Opus X Fuente Fuente
Take #39. San Cristobal El Morro - Put #48. Cohiba Robusto ISOM
Take #41 DCM #5 - Put #49 AF Shark #77
Take #43. Graycliff Espresso Robusto - Put #50. Ashton ESG

CD's

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue CD
John Coltrane - Blue Train CD

Two of my all-time favorite and classic jazz CD's (If I am not doing the music correctly, let me know).

What do you guys think?

Hey cincycigarman,

FYI, in any Pass when you do your P&T's try and take at least 1 of the original cigars if still available, just good form in a pass. Other than that, if nobody objects these look good to me.

Very cool music selection BTW :thumbs:

You learn something every day!

That's advise that I'll heed, I was unaware that it is good form to take from the original list of cigars!
Thanks

I'll second that. It's not that the originator of the pass doesn't like the cigars he's sending out, it would just somewhat defeat the purpose if he gets back half his cigars that he started with!

Yep, DC # 0503 8555 7490 3733 0395. Nfulton and I have shipped to eachother before, this SHOULD get to him tomorrow. Usually takes one day.

Ready when it gets here. I'll post my P/T's tonight. I have to go judge a spelling bee right now.

Ok, let's try these on for size.

T:#02 Davidoff Millinium Pyramid P: #51Cohiba Esplendido (06)
T:#36 Ashton VSG Robusto P:#52Anejo 48
T:#42 Don Pepin Black Label P:#53Tatuaje Noella

I wasn't sure about the Davidoff being replaced by a Cohiba or NC to Cuban. I thought I would go ahead and post it and let you all tell what you think.

I'll post my music when the box gets here.

Nate

Hey Nate, that's a killer swap but...

5. Put & Takes (P/T's) should be: a) value for value, b) rarity for rarity, c) NC for NC, d) Premium for Premium and e) ISOM for ISOM. For each P/T combination an acceptable exchange value difference of $0.25 will be allowed only if the overall net P/T value exchange is zero.

Ok, let's try these on for size.

T:#02 Davidoff Millinium Pyramid P: #51Cohiba Esplendido (06)
T:#36 Ashton VSG Robusto P:#52Anejo 48
T:#42 Don Pepin Black Label P:#53Tatuaje Noella

I wasn't sure about the Davidoff being replaced by a Cohiba or NC to Cuban. I thought I would go ahead and post it and let you all tell what you think.

I'll post my music when the box gets here.

Nate

And you judged a spelling bee today. So who wun?

Very well, you'll just force me to smoke it :p . Here is a revision. Huh...Huh?

T:#02 Davidoff Millennium Pyramid P: #51 Padron 1926 40 Years Maduro
T:#36 Ashton VSG Robusto P:#52 Anejo 48
T:#42 Don Pepin Black Label P:#53 Tatuaje Noella

As for the spelling, I have no excuse. I'll blame it on one too many fingers of Talmore Dew!

5. Put & Takes (P/T's) should be: a) value for value, b) rarity for rarity, c) NC for NC, d) Premium for Premium and e) ISOM for ISOM. For each P/T combination an acceptable exchange value difference of $0.25 will be allowed only if the overall net P/T value exchange is zero.

I'm glad that Nate has brought this up. I was aware of the basic rules "NC for NC", Habanos for Habanos, etc..... My interpretation of this rule was to keep trades even, based of value and rarity. This rule was to avoid a "lesser" or unfair trade. A passer cannot take a premium and not replace it with a premium. A passer cannot take a habanos, and not replace it with a habanos. Can a passer take a NC and replace it with a rare/premium/habanos? I have seen this happen with rare/premiums? How about habanos? I believe Nate's Cohiba put was fair in value, rarity, premium except was not a NC. Shouldn't this be considered a fair option?

If I was running a pass and offered that P&T, I would say it would be fair. Granted, I just stepped into "my opinion".

Quadio

I'm glad that Nate has brought this up. I was aware of the basic rules "NC for NC", Habanos for Habanos, etc..... My interpretation of this rule was to keep trades even, based of value and rarity. This rule was to avoid a "lesser" or unfair trade. A passer cannot take a premium and not replace it with a premium. A passer cannot take a habanos, and not replace it with a habanos. Can a passer take a NC and replace it with a rare/premium/habanos? I have seen this happen with rare/premiums? How about habanos? I believe Nate's Cohiba put was fair in value, rarity, premium except was not a NC. Shouldn't this be considered a fair option?

If I was running a pass and offered that P&T, I would say it would be fair. Granted, I just stepped into "my opinion".

Quadio

Yeah ....... that's a tough call, but you do have the correct interpretation of the rule. I was going to allow the trade until nfulton changed it, Cohibas are always nice to have in a Pass as they are quite popular and it gives others a chance to try one. I guess it's up to the host and I think I'm just getting easier in my old age :D

It's not an uncommon practice. The only downside that I can think of is that a subsequent pass participant may not be able to put an isom into the pass so that limits the takes available to him. There are however, usually plenty of NC's available in a pass that it's not really an issue.

The pass is only 1/5 completed and the posts are almost (or is with this post) on page 12. Just a random Friday musing.

:D

It's not an uncommon practice. The only downside that I can think of is that a subsequent pass participant may not be able to put an isom into the pass so that limits the takes available to him. There are however, usually plenty of NC's available in a pass that it's not really an issue.

True dat. Nate see's the point also. I guess we could really get deep into this and say, "Upgrading the cigar in premium/rarity/habanos is acceptable but does not demand a future trade in premium/rarity/habanos, only in value."

That orignal cigar was not a Habanos, so it can be replaced with what was originally traded.

Ugggh. To much thinky for a Friday morning.....

C-Ya,
Quade

Nobody approved or denied my P/T's so I am going to assume everything is A-OK. This should be in tonight so it'll go out tomorrow once I figure out where the hell I-tunes stores all the music on this computer and make my disk.

Nobody approved or denied my P/T's so I am going to assume everything is A-OK. This should be in tonight so it'll go out tomorrow once I figure out where the hell I-tunes stores all the music on this computer and make my disk.

LOL ...... yup, P&T's look great!