• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPass Jazz Pass & Vine

So have we talked about what our favorite Jazz artists are yet? What does everyone look forward to sharing with the others? Are your favorites solo artists or Big Band or Contemporary or Kenny G?

Enya :laugh:

No real favorites, just getting acquainted with this genre. I am quickly learning that there are as many subsets of jazz as there are of blues (or for that matter any type of music).

Oh yes, this is going to be a wild ride baby!

I have included 7 albums on the disc

Scott
Seven albums? How much music are we supposed to put in? I thought we were going to burn sampler CDs.

Wilkey
No worries Wilkey - I was tring to pick a few songs and just couldn't...........Jazz is just too important in life. I will pick out three songs for the Official CD.

1. Grover Washington Jr. - Winelight - song 1 - Winelight
2. Dave Koz - Lucky Man - song 9 - Lucky Man
3. Al Di Meola - Elegant Gypsy - song 4 - Race with Devil on Spanish Highway

Scott
Do you guys want me to create another compilation CD? I wasn't planning on doing one this time around since we're starting with a Vine.
:cool:
I thought the vine was a compilation CD? I'm just not getting it. Clarification please! :D

Wilkey

With the iPass Blues Pass, I created a compilation audio CD, separate from the Vine, using one song from each participants submission which I then sent out to each participant. This was over and above the Vine which was somewhere around 9 to 13 disks. The compilation audio disk was what I had originally planned on doing when I started the pass, but we evolved into a Vine. Since I had told participants that I would be creating, and sending out, the audio CD when they signed up for the pass I felt that I needed to follow through with my original intentions. With this Pass & Vine I figuered that since we're starting with a Vine, the compilation audio CD wasn't necessary .... plus it saves me some money on CD's, cases, envelopes and postage :)

I'm leaving it up to you guys as to what you want to add to the Vine, sampler mp3 CD's or whole audio CD's, 4 songs or 4 disks. I'm planning on including one disk of assorted jazz mp3's from my collection, and I do plan on really mixing it up to make it interesting, I'm still working on the mix.

Does this help clear things up Wilkey?

Ok,

So the Vine is just all the CDs everyone puts in. The compilation would be a single CD with songs that you picked from everyone's submissions to go onto it. Have I got it now?

Wilkey

Ok,

So the Vine is just all the CDs everyone puts in. The compilation would be a single CD with songs that you picked from everyone's submissions to go onto it. Have I got it now?

Wilkey

I don't think there is going to be a single compilation CD this time, since we are including the Vine with the Pass ??? as you can take and put what you want ??? (I think)

And that way it would save David some extra time and money(on the compilation CD) :thumbs:

edited to add: Correct me if I'm wrong :blush:

Ok,

Wilkey

I don't think there is going to be a single compilation CD this time, since we are including the Vine with the Pass ??? as you can take and put what you want ??? (I think)

And that way it would save David some extra time and money(on the compilation CD) :thumbs:

No, I believe the Vine follows the Pass. As the Pass progresses so do the CD's, at the end of the Pass David starts the Vine portion of the Pass by sending all the CD's out to the first person in the pass who burns what he wants and then forwards the CD's to the next person in the Vine.

So the Vine is just sending out all the CDs that were added in the pass so that everyone gets a crack at all the music? I think I get that.

Wilkey

So the Vine is just sending out all the CDs that were added in the pass so that everyone gets a crack at all the music? I think I get that.

Wilkey

That's exactly it. If I recall correctly when we did it with the Blues pass we made it a 3 stick PIF as well.

Ok,

Wilkey

No, I believe the Vine follows the Pass. As the Pass progresses so do the CD's, at the end of the Pass David starts the Vine portion of the Pass by sending all the CD's out to the first person in the pass who burns what he wants and then forwards the CD's to the next person in the Vine.

Yes, and we will include a 3 cigar PIF along with the Vine.

No compilation CD this time around, it'll make my life a lot easier ;)

Ok,

Wilkey

Yes, and we will include a 3 cigar PIF along with the Vine.

No compilation CD this time around, it'll make my life a lot easier ;)

I understand now. :thumbs:

Got some great Japanese and Norwegian jazz lined up.

Wilkey

Can somebody clarify for me the 3 stick PIF?
I don't recall that aspect of the iPass Blues Pass vine. Sorry.

Can somebody clarify for me the 3 stick PIF?
I don't recall that aspect of the iPass Blues Pass vine. Sorry.

Simple, when it's your turn to send the "Vine" CD's on along to the next person simply include three cigars that you think the next person your send the vine to will enjoy. Likewise, when you receive the Vine you'll also receive 3 cigars with the CD's.

Whew - glad to see everyone on board with this. I thought Wilkey was gonna have a heart attack or kill me - whichever could happen first. I would have paid to see the look on his face though when he read 7 albums :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Scott

Whew - glad to see everyone on board with this. I thought Wilkey was gonna have a heart attack or kill me - whichever could happen first. I would have paid to see the look on his face though when he read 7 albums :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Scott

Same here Scott :laugh: .

I can't wait to hear some of these songs, I do have disk "Friday Night in San Franciso - Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia and John Mclaughlin that is simply an awesome display of guitar work. I'll probably include a track from it as well.

Wow! I am simply amazed.

This is gonna be great!

This is hard! I'm having a hard time putting together my set list. I hope to have it, as well as my puts and takes listed today.

ps - shouldn't this thread be in the "In Progress" section by now?

This is hard! I'm having a hard time putting together my set list. I hope to have it, as well as my puts and takes listed today.

ps - shouldn't this thread be in the "In Progress" section by now?

It should be but Rod hasn't moved it yet.