• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is Dr. Phil going to join CP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to the dialogue, it is usually the newer member throwing out the initial barb. In other words something that they did caused them to start the long and drawn out war of words. They never realize that their original faux pax was a recoverable act even after digging a deeper hole.

Usually it is a person that has been here a while (usually under two to three months) that has a total melt down when they perceive they know the way of all things. Oh don’t get me wrong some long term members have had meltdowns over the years. I know very little, but what I do know is that some people that have been here a very long time laid the legacy that we now enjoy. If it weren't for them weeding out the low life and those that would prey on the really good folk here this site would have evaporated a long time ago. We only have one administrator/moderator (Rod) when he gets tired of even the long term residents throwing barbs, he reels everyone in.

This place works and it is because of those really long term members that can smell BS when it is put out there in the guise of an innocent question. You want to know something PM one of them chances are if your question is reasonable you'll get an answer. That is my take on things, take the time to learn what this place is really about and what it has to share.

Left a word out.

I knew this topic would give me more reading material.I've been home for two weeks recovering from my hernia operation and have spent part of every day reading posts on CP.I was starting to run out of things to read.This is a great forum and I respect the FOG's many of whom have pointed me in the right direction if you know what I mean.With some of the new members we have had lately we do have to be careful to weed out the ass-hats.

I agree, who wants a board with a bunch of ass-hats!! FOG's keep doing your job and weed those pecker heads out!!! This is a great place and it is because of the FOG's giving some NOOB's a swift kick in the nuts!! Back to my "Baby Einstein", watching it with my little girl!! Cheers :thumbs:

Edit: can't spell

Just for the record, I like being childish and juvenile. I have enough grown up, serious crap in my life where I gotta wear clothes and make nice. If you don't like the what I say or the way I act just tell me.

NA

Brandon, I think more would get it if people didn't come along and kick 'em in the balls just because they think they can.

It's all cyclical. Newbs come and very few ever will get it.

edited to add t & ? in green

I don't think it's, "just because they can". It might seem unnecessary or uncalled for, but once it all falls out, it's warranted.
Okay Rebel I'll bite. Can you show me a single circumstance where an older member kicked someone in the balls because they could? Just show me one time where a newb was attacked out of hand. I think you're full of crap.

NA

:thumbs: :0

Just for the record, I like being childish and juvenile. I have enough grown up, serious crap in my life where I gotta wear clothes and make nice. If you don't like the what I say or the way I act just tell me.

NA

I thought Matt didn't wear pants?

Kenny, respectfully I do not think that WE do a fine job keeping a lid on it. WE get it done, but at what cost?

I look at it like this...... don't try reinventing the wheel unless you have a proven better wheel that will get it done.

-- took me a while to get it too.
Boy is that an understatement. I think I still have PMs.... LOL :sign: Yall need to ask Andrew about the welcome committee he had on CF. Flacid penis indeed. :laugh:

......we do have to be careful to weed out the ass-hats.

This is where I think the breakdown or disconnect occurs.... we don't weed out the ass-hats. They weed out themselves. There has been many people here that have been caught in the cross hairs yet turn out to be outstanding contributing members.

Brandon, I think more would get it if people didn't come along and kick 'em in the balls just because they think they can.

I don't think it's, "just because they can". It might seem unnecessary or uncalled for, but once it all falls out, it's warranted.
Okay Rebel I'll bite. Can you show me a single circumstance where an older member kicked someone in the balls because they could? Just show me one time where a newb was attacked out of hand. I think you're full of crap.

NA

I get it. You consider that an attack. I can see you're very sensitive so I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.

NA

It appears I have not been specific enough, for that I offer my sincere apology - I have NO problem with the warranted "kicking in the balls" of the as*hats that are looking to sell their gifted sticks, crappy product, cheat a fellow BOTL, or get free stuff even though their Mommy & Daddy own most of the Midwest - I say that's what duct tape and garbage sacks are for! Take out the trash!

I am referring to the vicious & belittling comments piled on when someone steps on their di*k, or even worse mistypes or misspells. As far as who and what constitutes a FOG and a Noob, that's your own issue; I am my own Man. The board should not be something to hide behind with false bravado & unwarranted childish behavior, no matter who you are, or whether you are the one who stepped on their own di*k, or had a bad day. I usually ignore this, but for some reason it has reached full and I expressed my opinion amongst friends.

No more, no less. :) ;)

edited for spelling

It appears I have not been specific enough, for that I offer my sincere apology - I have NO problem with the warranted "kicking in the balls" of the as*hats that are looking to sell their gifted sticks, crappy product, cheat a fellow BOTL, or get free stuff even though their Mommy & Daddy own most of the Midwest - I say that's what duct tape and garbage sacks are for! Take out the trash!

I am referring to the vicious & belittling comments piled on when someone steps on their di*k, or even worse mistypes or misspells. As far as who and what constitutes a FOG and a Noob, that's your own issue; I am my own Man. The board should not be something to hide behind with false bravado & unwarranted childish behavior, no matter who you are, or weather you are the one who stepped on their own di*k, or had a bad day. I usually ignore this, but for some reason it has reached full and I expressed my opinion amongst friends.

No more, no less. :) ;)
That would be "whether" Reb.

The rest of that drivel IS your OPINION and in MY opinion is it isn't true. There aren't any bullies here, nobody's hiding behind their computer. This is the internet, battles are fought with words. Having a maturity cop around here is uneccessary.

NA

I have MUCH thicker skin than that, and trust me, I am not FRIGHTENED by you. ;)

NA

I get it. You consider that an attack. I can see you're very sensitive so I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.

NA

NA

I don't like what you say or the way...

Oh hell, I look forward to seeing you rip some arse. What was I thinking? :thumbs:

NA

This was wholly unwarranted. I now will have nightmarish visions of Neal sitting naked at his keyboard trying desperately not to let the ash fall unexpectedly.

Wow that was some piss poor spelling in just one line.

NA

This was wholly unwarrented. I now will have naghtmarish vissions of Neal sitting naked at his keyboard trying desperately not to let the ash fall unexpectedly.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you've been spiking the koolaid. Neal is an acquired taste that kinda comes with "it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back