• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is it just me?

With all this talk about nubbing I decided to nub the Short Story I was smoking this afternoon. Though I just about burned my lips the final few puffs of this sucker were just about the best of the entire cigar!

IMG_3479.jpg

I nubbed a Partagas Short Monday night. I was about to look for a pair of pliers, lol.
There are some cigars I smoke to the very last inch. There are some cigars I will throw away if I don't like it. If any cigar is getting bitter or burning your tongue, slow down. It's not a race. If you need to let it cool and re-light, then so be it. The smoke should always be cool. If its hot, slow it down a bit. It doesn't take much to draw smoke but it takes some "sucking" to get the heat of the burn.

-Gianni-

I can't seem to smoke a cigar much past the band. Doesn't matter if the cigar has a band or not or if I remove it once it gets close. At about the last 2" I just don't like it anymore. I know I'm knew and I don't particularly care for most of the flavors I encounter, seems to me to be an acquired taste. I see lots of posts about I smoked it to the nub, I've only done that once or twice but other than that I just don't seem to enjoy the last couple inches of any cigars.

Its just you.

I can't seem to smoke a cigar much past the band. Doesn't matter if the cigar has a band or not or if I remove it once it gets close. At about the last 2" I just don't like it anymore. I know I'm knew and I don't particularly care for most of the flavors I encounter, seems to me to be an acquired taste. I see lots of posts about I smoked it to the nub, I've only done that once or twice but other than that I just don't seem to enjoy the last couple inches of any cigars.

Its just you.

hahaha, ass. Now that' straight to the point.

:laugh:

-Gianni-

Had an RyJ short churchhill last night. Guess it was mostly me. I took my time lighting it and watched how I smoked it. It was much more enjoyable and I finished it down to less than an inch. I did notice that this smoke left an almost filmy feeling in my mouth that I didn't enjoy but the smoke was great. Thinking about picking up a couple at the Drew event next Tuesday since that's the only B&M that carries these.

With all this talk about nubbing I decided to nub the Short Story I was smoking this afternoon. Though I just about burned my lips the final few puffs of this sucker were just about the best of the entire cigar!

IMG_3479.jpg

Kyle I gotta say, nice choice in brews brother.

IMG_3479.jpg

Kyle I gotta say, nice choice in brews brother.

Storm King Stout has become my go to brew lately. Having been a coors light drinker for most of my drinking life (less than 3-4 years) the introduction to stouts was a nice transition! Now when I drink a light beer it feels like something is missing.

For the most part I smoke until it's close to the band, take the band off, then go as long as it's still tasting good. I usually end up with about an inch unsmoked.

IMG_3479.jpg

Nice shot! That is a perfect set up pic....you put alot of thought into that. I like the laptop in the background on CP and the lighter just peaking around the corner saying "ok, that one is done...lets start the next one!"

I awalys seem to smoke my sticks down to the last 1" or so depends if I am enjoying the stick fully or not. The last 1" has all the tar and extras from the rest of the smoke, I find I can't get past the last 1" to 2" on a big stogie somthing that is 7"+ But some I can smoke down to the last mm's

It depends on the cigar for me. I've had certain brands where I found the last 2 inches to be the tastiest and others where I let it go around that point.

IMG_3479.jpg

Kyle, you need to come visit....

You bring the beer, I got the stogies. :thumbs:

Jake, I know I need to make it down there, and as soon as I have the ability to I'll let you know!

On first sight you might think this picture was staged, but the only "staging" I did was to put the cigar in front of the SKS. The lighter/xikar and the computer were just laying where they were laying. :laugh:

I nubbed a Bolivar RC last night. Even though it got hot near the end, the flavor was still very good.

To me, Robusto size works best for me in terms of nubbing. I think partly because of its ring size is larger (compared with PCs), so it won't get too hot past the band, and partly because it is not too long (compared with churchills), so I never feel completely satisfy without nubbing them.

What a great thread...I am in the process of nubbing an Anejo #49 right now...

I know it is time to put it down when I am burning my lips :)