• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

Thanks. Reminds me why I love craft beer but will stick to readily available. No more chasing unicorns.

Greggj77 said:
These in the 4 packs are 12oz.
Yup.  $10 bones for a 12oz.  I bought some other beers and they had it behind the counter with a 1 per customer sign on it.  I didn't ask the price nor notice till I left the store and saw the receipt.  I saw it and thought $10 was a little crazy and it better be damn good.  

Figure I will pop in on Christmas as a gift for myself.  
East derry general store down the street from my house has the 4 packs for $30. I'll be stopping in tomorrow to see if they have any left.

So...just got the 4 pack for $50...gonna crack one open Saturday and let you all know how it is.

Setharsis said:
So...just got the 4 pack for $50...gonna crack one open Saturday and let you all know how it is.
Glad you were able to score.  Hopefully, this is as advertised.  I had some Founders Porter last night and I can't imagine anything being much better than that.  

Wow, its scarce down here but a lot more reasonably priced(which I thought was overpriced). There's a short list of stuff I'll spend $8+ for a 12oz bottle on.

I think it was $22 per 4 pack here.   That's in line with what I've paid in years past.

So I had a bottle last night and it was all kinds of glorious. We were drinking scotch right before so I think a lot of the bourbon flavor might have been masked but the malt flavoring with tons of chocolate and vanilla bean was exquisite. Really smooth and worth every penny. Can't wait to have the next bottle next year.

Ok, what's the hype/noise around the Vanilla/Prop?  I'm on a couple Beer trading groups and that's all people are talking about now.

Anyone had or seen these? 

I've had the Vanilla Rye, and its pretty damn good. Not overly sweet, and very smooth. Even the fiance liked it. The Prop I'll likely not see in Austin. I think it might actually be a Chicago only release.

I saw a bottle once... I thought bad things and walked away.

Yeah the Prop is only released in Chicago.  I had some of the Prop earlier this year; I was really skeptical about the coconut flavoring but it was beautifully understated within the stout flavors.  The major sadness was when someone bumped the person pouring me a tasting and an ounce spilled on the floor.  I wanted to punch that guy in the face.