• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM Suggestions

Boogs34

Just for my own personal knowledge:

I'm wondering if those cigars from that island that Americans can't smoke from have a cigar that won't knock a person on his ass in potency / strength. From the little I know, I think that puts El Rey del Mundo out. I also wonder if there are cigars that are flavorful (like a Torano) but only with medium potency. Currently, based on what I think I know a Hoyo de Monterrey may be a type of cigar from this island that exists for this.

What other cigars from this island would be like this?

Being from the US, I have not had a cuban, they are illegal in this country. If you go on a trip outside the country, maybe then you can try one. :sign:

If you like flavour but not lots of strength, maybe try a Hoyo or a Diplomatico... just pick a size you like and let'r rip!

Again, Cubans are illegal. Go to the US Treasury website. There are alot of non-ISOMS that have good cuban seed tobacco. Try JR cigars for Genuine Counterfeit Cubans. You may like them..... :laugh:

Smoke some more NCs. The Cubans really aren't worth your money until you feel like you've exhauseted your NC palette, which is really hard. Besides, if you don't have a well trained palette, you probably won't appreciate the Cubans as much as you could after a while with the NCs.

From the little I know, I think that puts El Rey del Mundo out.

Not at all. El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme would be exactly what you're looking for. Great mild to med cigar for a beginner and goes great with a cup of coffee in the morning.

I suppose Macanudo's are mild from what I've been told but I can't ever recall smoking one so that suggestion is not from experience.

I agree, stick to the NC for now. I don't think the cubans live up to the hype. AT ALL!!

From the little I know, I think that puts El Rey del Mundo out.

Not at all. El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme would be exactly what you're looking for. Great mild to med cigar for a beginner and goes great with a cup of coffee in the morning.

I suppose Macanudo's are mild from what I've been told but I can't ever recall smoking one so that suggestion is not from experience.
Agree, nice smoke!

Brian

Off the top of my head:

Quai d'Orsay
Many H. Upmanns
Aforementioned ERDM Choix Supreme
Fonsecas

all fit under the heading of mild to medium, IMO.

Just a note to the folks who talk about smoking Cuban cigars when "you're out of the country;" it's as illegal for an American to smoke a Havana in Seville as it is in Seattle. Chances of getting caught are slimmer, but the same law applies to you wherever you are.

Another great morning smoke, is the Juan Lopez Seleccion no.2. IMHO, the JLS2 is a lighter bodied smoke than the choix supreme. The CS used to be a nice light bodied smoke, but I've found that in the past couple of years, the blend has changed to make it more of a medium bodied smoke. Another mild robusto is the HDM Epicure no.2. Both the JL and HDM lines are pretty mild, so all you have to do is choose your size.

Thanks guys.

I'll take your advice and hold off for now on the ISOMs until some things clear up here and stick with the NCs.

But I'll keep your suggestions in mind for the future.

Again, Cubans are illegal. Go to the US Treasury website. There are alot of non-ISOMS that have good cuban seed tobacco. Try JR cigars for Genuine Counterfeit Cubans. You may like them..... :laugh:

Seeing that Cubans are illegal in the U.S. I'd like to do a public service and help my fellow BOTL's south of the border get rid of any illegal contraband. Just send me all your Cubans and I'll dispose of them in a humane fashion.

I don't think the cubans live up to the hype. AT ALL!!

BOTB-CabbieSlap.jpg

I am going to have to disagree with all previous posters that say ISOM's don't live up to the hype (sarcasm comes across poorly on BBs) IMO they are far superior to a variety of premium NCs, even the cheaper priced, machine made, hand finished cigars.

Boogs I would suggest reading more of this specific forum (go back to page one and move forward) you can find something that will fit the bill.

Off the top of my head:

Quai d'Orsay
Many H. Upmanns
Aforementioned ERDM Choix Supreme
Fonsecas

all fit under the heading of mild to medium, IMO.

Just a note to the folks who talk about smoking Cuban cigars when "you're out of the country;" it's as illegal for an American to smoke a Havana in Seville as it is in Seattle. Chances of getting caught are slimmer, but the same law applies to you wherever you are.

This is a joke, right? So you are telling me that I should watch my back when I am in a cozy cafe in Seville, Spain in case a US Treasury agent snags the Quai d'Orsy out of my hand and slaps me with a $50,000.00 fine. Or don't even mention it here in case the boogieman gets me.
Where do you guys come up with this shit?

And for the CP- Illegal-Cuban-Patrol up there: We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for reminding us naive people whose numbers are probably reaching in the millions, yet once again for the Nth time, that these cigars are illegal. Guys , save your breath and our time. WE KNOW THEY ARE ILLEGAL. I have noticed that these members that are on the illegal bandwagon have nothing to add in this forum other than piss on other people's parade with their warnings.

I sincerely apologize to the older members and Rod for my strong charge here, for they have a good community here except that some people don't know their place. But I do, and this will probably be my last post. I will miss chatting with some of you gentlemen. I learned a lot and I thank you.

Farewell to all and happy smoking. Cubans and all.

This is a joke, right? So you are telling me that I should watch my back when I am in a cozy cafe in Seville, Spain in case a US Treasury agent snags the Quai d'Orsy out of my hand and slaps me with a $50,000.00 fine. Or don't even mention it here in case the boogieman gets me.
Where do you guys come up with this shit?

Nice job referring to my post as shit - you've surely made a friend for life. :rolleyes:

I wasn't telling you anything, but I'll clarify it for you anyway.

There seems to be a misunderstanding around some of the cigar bbs about what the stupid, misguided, and useless Trading With The Enemy Act says about Americans trading in Cuban goods. Sometimes people are joking, and sometimes they really don't know that this legislation applies to them anywhere in the world. So I'll occasionally point that out.

IMO, the odds of getting busted in Seattle are probably not more than a hair higher than getting busted in Seville. I'll continue to smoke what I want to, when I want to, where I want to.

Next time you feel like publicly copping an attitude with someone, maybe you should try PMing him first and getting the facts. Makes for a much nicer board, and instead of having someone out here who is likely to ignore your posts from now on, you might have found someone with whom to have a pleasant conversation and a smoke some time.