• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Issues on other boards being mentioned here

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT ABOUT BIG100HD OR PSYKTEK

psyktek said:
1st- I have a problem with an issue that started and belongs on another board being brought over to this one.

Why is it that some people have a problem with things of this nature? Do they become a different person on different boards? I'm not saying anything sepcifically about Frank. Quite frankly, he messed up, it shouldn't matter where he messed up, IMO. He's trying to fix it, you know the rest of that story.

This isn't a knock on you Psyktek, I just don't understand that line of thinking and I've seen it on a few boards now. Just because it didn't happen here, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Is this like, if a tree falls in the woods...

I for one, would like people to mention if someone came over here who had a crappy reputation. That's just me.

OK, discuss.

***edited for spelling***

Agreed. There are too many people who jump from board to board once they get in "trouble" on one or another board. We're all in this together whether our "home" is CP, CS, CF, etc...

I agree. I think there are certain situations where a person does not get along with another person due to personalities and that is one thing. However, most of the time these issues are due to bad traders, or other cigar related issues. These should be brought into the light. This is not a cheap hobby! I want to protect my collection as I would protect any thing else and not get involved with questionable people.

My 2 Cents

-gp

I've seen this with Purobrat, or whatever that guy's name is. He recently joined another board, and a couple FOG's from here jumped right in to let everyone know he was an asshole. Well, the folks on that board basically told our members to STFU, because he was new there and could start with a clean slate. So just cause this guy joined a new board he's all of the sudden an angel?

I agree that someone's personality, trading habits and quirks are there's no matter where they go. Some things like trading habits can be worked on, but your personality you're kind of stuck with.

It's hard to say. We certainly don't want some of the drama from other boards spilling over here, and sometimes the other board's moderators can be accountable for condoning or letting things go to far.

Maybe if someone's simply an asshole, they can be given time at a new board, since they will eventually show everyone how big their asshat is. But if they have taken advantage of folks, or are a bad trader or a thief, then they deserve to be called out right away.

Gonz said:
I've seen this with Purobrat, or whatever that guy's name is.  He recently joined another board, and a couple FOG's from here jumped right in to let everyone know he was an asshole.  Well, the folks on that board basically told our members to STFU, because he was new there and could start with a clean slate.  So just cause this guy joined a new board he's all of the sudden an angel?
[snapback]234586[/snapback]​

That board your referring to doesn't seem to care where a guy comes from or what he has done to others so that tells you a lot about there members don't it.
I guess only their opinion matters.
Do Gorillas really smoke cigars?

Rich

It's a must on the boards!

I'm actually surprised by Bob's remark though....

Ironworker said:
Gonz said:
I've seen this with Purobrat, or whatever that guy's name is. He recently joined another board, and a couple FOG's from here jumped right in to let everyone know he was an asshole. Well, the folks on that board basically told our members to STFU, because he was new there and could start with a clean slate. So just cause this guy joined a new board he's all of the sudden an angel?

That board your referring to doesn't seem to care where a guy comes from or what he has done to others so that tells you a lot about there members don't it.
I guess only their opinion matters.
Do Gorillas really smoke cigars?

Rich
[snapback]234594[/snapback]​

In all honesty - in public that board was VERY nasty about bringing up crap from another board. They didn't want to hear it. I was a bit taken back about that, considering what they had a risk. But privately, I was told to let it go and thanked for bringing it to their attention. They did process the information that was given to them. Unfortunately, the "FOG's" were on to what Puro was about, but the newb's didn't have a clue...

I'm not big on petty problems spilling over from one board to another - particularly if the other board has a "no flame" policy and they bring the crap here so that they can flame. But, but the same token - clueing in the members of this board to the nasty goings on of an individual at another board is not necessarily a bad thing...

I think the presence of The Master on this board is a sign of increased inter-board cooperation. I think and hope this trend will continue, in that information can be shared between boards. Hopefully like someone mentioned personality conflicts/feuds don't spill over and add to trash on other boards, but info on bad traders definitely should.

Like I said in my post on the other thread, this just isn't that big a deal -- FOR ME.

If Frank had taken off with a pass, accepted payment for something and never delivered or otherwise ripped someone off then fine, drag him out in the daylight for it.

I never meant to imply (and have told Frank via PM) that his delay was acceptable.
That said, the fact that he made it up, for whatever reason, makes it ok by me since I was the one involved.

It's still MY OPINION that this was a CigarSnob issue. I'm not aware that Frank has made a habit of dishonesty here or anywhere else (unlike some other folks that deserve to be hounded forever).

(note the emphasis in the above post)

Gonz said:
The FOG's there are pretty fast on picking stuff up...they got wise to him fairly quickly, even to the point of letting newbs know in PM's not to buy into the sob-stories that were intended to mooch cigars...guess they just believe in giving everyone a second chance until they are proven wrong...

HearNoEvil.jpg

psyktek said:
Like I said in my post on the other thread, this just isn't that big a deal -- FOR ME.
[snapback]234612[/snapback]​

That's because you are old and senile and have no clue where you are half the time anyway! ;)

So the time Leebo touched my special place on CS should be mentioned here?

If not I appologize to Leebo for unmasking his homosexual tendencies.

As far as Iam concerned, I am Fireman Tim on this board as well as another board and what I am here is what I am there. Now I am off to see my shrink to try and find out just what or who I am.

The internet is all about sharing information. The downside is the anonymity that it can offer leads people to say or do things that they would not be able to get away with otherwise. I am all for letting people here know what has happened on another board, IF is is truely important. I really dont have time to read every cigar board out there, so I appreciate the members here alerting us to problems with people who I may run into here or somewhere else. I do think that less is better, I dont really need to read a huge 8 page thread about one person who isnt even very active here, but its up to me to read it or not, so I dont really have a problem with it being here. I think it is good as long as the purpose is to warn people and not just carry the argument over onto this board.
Just my newbie $.02

JOE.M. said:
psyktek said:
[snapback]234612[/snapback]​

That's because you are old and senile and have no clue where you are half the time anyway! ;)
[snapback]234616[/snapback]​

Who are you and why are you talking to me?!? :whistling: :)

Fireman Tim said:
As far as Iam concerned, I am Fireman Tim on this board as well as another board and what I am here is what I am there. Now I am off to see my shrink to try and find out just what or who I am.
[snapback]234625[/snapback]​

To quote a great song, that's in an even better movie, that another brother often references on here....

I just checked in to see what condition my condition was in...

Qualls07 said:
The internet is all about sharing information. The downside is the anonymity that it can offer leads people to say or do things that they would not be able to get away with otherwise. I am all for letting people here know what has happened on another board, IF is is truely important. I really dont have time to read every cigar board out there, so I appreciate the members here alerting us to problems with people who I may run into here or somewhere else. I do think that less is better, I dont really need to read a huge 8 page thread about one person who isnt even very active here, but its up to me to read it or not, so I dont really have a problem with it being here. I think it is good as long as the purpose is to warn people and not just carry the argument over onto this board.
Just my newbie $.02
[snapback]234646[/snapback]​

I think you'd be much more interested in that thread if you knew who Frank was - but you don't. So I can understand why you wouldn't want to read an 8 page diatribe on a member you don't know (even though, as in this case, it may be the battle of the Titans). :whistling:

One of the things that I find most disturbing is when newbies are "upset" by what they read in threads - not having a clue as to what's going on. You have a thread which is obviously heated, and someone stumbles in and says, "hey - I don't like it when you guys trash each other like this..." (or something similar) when that person hasn't a clue as to what's going on. Or something along the lines of "I was singing Kumbaya with my boys over here, and you guys are saying hurtful things - stop it!!!". Some people just can't stop themselves from posting inane comments. Generally, this causes some of the gasoline from the flame to be directed away from the original source - which generally leads to more gasoline being tossed around, etc., etc., etc. (in other words, more hard feelings). :angry2:

If you know the guys involved in the fracas, go ahead and say your piece. If you don't, it's probably best just to read and/or ignore the thread... ;)