• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Issues on other boards being mentioned here

ggiese said:
If you know the guys involved in the fracas, go ahead and say your piece. If you don't, it's probably best just to read and/or ignore the thread... ;)
[snapback]234681[/snapback]​

Amen.

I think you'd be much more interested in that thread if you knew who Frank was - but you don't. So I can understand why you wouldn't want to read an 8 page diatribe on a member you don't know (even though, as in this case, it may be the battle of the Titans). :whistling:

One of the things that I find most disturbing is when newbies are "upset" by what they read in threads - not having a clue as to what's going on. You have a thread which is obviously heated, and someone stumbles in and says, "hey - I don't like it when you guys trash each other like this..." (or something similar) when that person hasn't a clue as to what's going on. Or something along the lines of "I was singing Kumbaya with my boys over here, and you guys are saying hurtful things - stop it!!!". Some people just can't stop themselves from posting inane comments. Generally, this causes some of the gasoline from the flame to be directed away from the original source - which generally leads to more gasoline being tossed around, etc., etc., etc. (in other words, more hard feelings). :angry2:

If you know the guys involved in the fracas, go ahead and say your piece. If you don't, it's probably best just to read and/or ignore the thread... ;)
[snapback]234681[/snapback]​
[/quote]

My main point was the idea of carrying as issue over from another board. I do not know the specifics of that particular situation, so I am not commenting directly about it, I was just using it as a handy refference. I was trying to say that it is up to the individual user to read it or not. I would rather it be here so I can make the choice to read it or not. I prefer having more information available to me.

edited for spelling

ggiese said:

Clearest and best advice ever on this topic. I'd like to nominate you for an award.

Seriously, the above statement has a place in a sticky or something.

No list or person tells me who to deal with. I make that decision based on my own caution when dealing on the internet. There are many people I know here that I would give the shirt off my back..... I can assure you none of them are people I've met in the last year or so. These are people that have "proven" who they are to me. Doesn't mean all of the new guys are bad people nor does it mean all of the FOG's are good people. You make the call about someone with the information you know wither its from personal experience or second hand info.

Over the years it becomes easier and easier to "see" who someone really is. Their actions, their words.... they tell the story. When we get a conflict here a lot of people start pounding the keyboard. Some have something to say...others would be more productive watching the grass grow. Its not hard to see whos right or what the point was from both sides.

The exchanging of information is good for all of our communities. It, of and in itself, does not make our decisions for us but gives us all something to base our own decisions on.

Allofus123 said:
No list or person tells me who to deal with. I make that decision based on my own caution when dealing on the internet. There are many people I know here that I would give the shirt off my back..... I can assure you none of them are people I've met in the last year or so. These are people that have "proven" who they are to me. Doesn't mean all of the new guys are bad people nor does it mean all of the FOG's are good people. You make the call about someone with the information you know wither its from personal experience or second hand info.

Over the years it becomes easier and easier to "see" who someone really is. Their actions, their words.... they tell the story. When we get a conflict here a lot of people start pounding the keyboard. Some have something to say...others would be more productive watching the grass grow. Its not hard to see whos right or what the point was from both sides.

The exchanging of information is good for all of our communities. It, of and in itself, does not make our decisions for us but gives us all something to base our own decisions on.
[snapback]234699[/snapback]​

Well put. And my pants are back on.

I think it is very important to have people from other boards notifying each other when there is a scumbag or bad trader involved.

Club Stogie and Cigar Weakly don't want to hear it. They refuse to help their members not get robbed by people who burn themselves on one board and try to set up shop at another. There have been many examples through the years where we fry someone at Cigar Family and they go to Cigar Weakly and get a clean slate. One of the more recent ones is Havanaphile. We outted him at CF and then he goes and robs a bunch of people at Weakly. We tried to warn people at Weakly but our posts were deleted by the admins and mods. That is why the admins and mods are on the scum bag trader page. They harbor scumbags and protect them.

Club Stogie also has the same practices as Cigar Weakly.

In the case of HD100, it was the right thing to do bringing the info from Cigarsnobs over here. He was a lot more active here and he needed to be outted to protect the people at this site.

Inter board cooperation works very well when the boards who care about their members take the time to help protect their members. There are times when we can match IP addy's to see if a guy who was run off of one site comes to another with a different handle. There are a ton of scumbags and psychotics who go from BB to BB; it is the responsibility of the sites admins and mods to work together for the benefit of all BOTL's.

gatorsmg said:
So the time Leebo touched my special place on CS should be mentioned here?

If not I appologize to Leebo for unmasking his homosexual tendencies.
[snapback]234619[/snapback]​

Gator's suck....LMAO

What's done is done....I will do it again in a heartbeat, so you deadbeats out there better tighten up! :laugh:

Qualls07 said:
One of the things that I find most disturbing is when newbies are "upset" by what they read in threads - not having a clue as to what's going on. You have a thread which is obviously heated, and someone stumbles in and says, "hey - I don't like it when you guys trash each other like this..." (or something similar) when that person hasn't a clue as to what's going on. Or something along the lines of "I was singing Kumbaya with my boys over here, and you guys are saying hurtful things - stop it!!!". Some people just can't stop themselves from posting inane comments. Generally, this causes some of the gasoline from the flame to be directed away from the original source - which generally leads to more gasoline being tossed around, etc., etc., etc. (in other words, more hard feelings). :angry2:

Im Wurm here, Im Wurm over at www.sharkyforums.com where I also happen to be a moderator of the gaming forums and I'm Wurm at all the other forums I goto when the name isn't all ready taken (then I use Wurm65).

I agree threads like this confuse/scare noobs (with over 30,000 posts in a few years I don't consider myself one), but I'd rather see a thread like this out in the open to air the "Dirty Laundry" than not be posted at all. However such threads need to be closely monitored by staff and closed when the flames get too high.

Ironworker said:
I got news for you Wurm, Your still a Noob.
[snapback]235767[/snapback]​

Only here my friend, and not for long... :p

LookaNewbie.jpg

Wurm said:
Ironworker said:
I got news for you Wurm, Your still a Noob.
[snapback]235767[/snapback]​

Only here my friend, and not for long... :p
[snapback]235860[/snapback]​

Yeah - and were going to make that week your a newb pure HELL!!! :p

ggiese said:
Yeah - and were going to make that week your a newb pure HELL!!! :p
[snapback]235874[/snapback]​

I'm married to a German... lol bring it on, I'm used to pain and abuse :laugh:

Wurm said:
I'm married to a German... lol bring it on, I'm used to pain and abuse :laugh:
[snapback]235943[/snapback]​

Kinky! ;)

:whistling:

It's always best to share pertinent information. Most of us are very busy. Therefore often times, if it isnt pointed out to you, it's easy to overlook.

Example: I was introduced to a person on CF who lives in LA and is a nice guy. Although he never did me wrong, he ended up screwing over a bunch of other people, many of whom are my friends. After a few people shared credible and factual information with me about what this individual promised to do, it totally changed my impression of this person. He's now on the scum bag list, and deserves to be there.

Given that example, what if no one had shared any information about this guy? Then more people would have probably gotten the shaft.

That said, I think petty BS (disagreements between two individuals) shouldn't ignite a cross board war. There are various people whom I would consider to be "questionable." However, I dont have any concrete proof of such, and therefore it falls under the category of "personal opinion."