• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It pays the bills..

Great thing about pneumatics is they either suck or blow. Lol

I came up through the Pipefitters apprenticeship program.

Now I'm an estimator on the facilities side of an Energy and Industrial GC.
My dad was a roughneck, then a pipefitter. We would drive by plants on the Texas Gulf Coast with him saying, "I built part of that."

An honorable trade sir, I would imagine that as of lately its quite busy.
Yes. The last year has had it’s challenges. Trust me, it’s not about the money. And nothing is slower than guvment red tape. Yet, we find ways to navigate through it all. That’s what I’m paid to do. The genuine appreciation most have, and the team members I work with, are worth more than any salary.

Been everywhere and done a lot in life. Jack of all trades and master of some too. Currently being a DV I’m not able to do Gunsmithing full time anymore. Have my own shop. So due to health and physical issues I am now a Whiskey consultant.

Been everywhere and done a lot in life. Jack of all trades and master of some too. Currently being a DV I’m not able to do Gunsmithing full time anymore. Have my own shop. So due to health and physical issues I am now a Whiskey consultant.
What does one do in whiskey consultation? I consider myself to be a Scotch whiskey official taste tester.

*Self appointed and in no way official*

I basically consult Liqour stores on pricing and what’s new it hot in the market or what quarterly reports are. I do tastings and help people on their quest for happiness in a bottle lol. There is so many different batches and so on that are worth more then the other batches all in the same brand. Knowing what’s needed to be pulled from the middle shelf and put on top or display cases etc. Not every owner knows or has the time to keep up with all that’s involved in keeping track of those things. Then you add American Whiskey, Bourbon Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, Irish Whiskeys and Scotches. That’s a lot to keep up with. Store owners don’t have tome for that work plus white spirits, craft spirits/whiskeys, rums, vodkas And Tequila. That’s a full time job. I’m constantly all day tracking things writing them down making spreadsheets and then advise/consultant store owners what they should be ordering or discontinuing orders. Making specials or doing the actual sit down several hour tastings of even top shelf spirits and the lesser cost spirits that may taste better or close to the grail spirit we showcase that day. Not everyone can afford or have an opportunity to taste something that special. We don’t feel that’s fair so we try to make it where they get to say they’ve tasted it and then show them alternatives to that juice. Sounds alot more fun then it is. It’s alot more research all day then anything.

I basically consult Liqour stores on pricing and what’s new it hot in the market or what quarterly reports are. I do tastings and help people on their quest for happiness in a bottle lol. There is so many different batches and so on that are worth more then the other batches all in the same brand. Knowing what’s needed to be pulled from the middle shelf and put on top or display cases etc. Not every owner knows or has the time to keep up with all that’s involved in keeping track of those things. Then you add American Whiskey, Bourbon Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, Irish Whiskeys and Scotches. That’s a lot to keep up with. Store owners don’t have tome for that work plus white spirits, craft spirits/whiskeys, rums, vodkas And Tequila. That’s a full time job. I’m constantly all day tracking things writing them down making spreadsheets and then advise/consultant store owners what they should be ordering or discontinuing orders. Making specials or doing the actual sit down several hour tastings of even top shelf spirits and the lesser cost spirits that may taste better or close to the grail spirit we showcase that day. Not everyone can afford or have an opportunity to taste something that special. We don’t feel that’s fair so we try to make it where they get to say they’ve tasted it and then show them alternatives to that juice. Sounds alot more fun then it is. It’s alot more research all day then anything.
Sounds like you would get along well on Saturday night v-herfs. ;)

On the Irish front, do you know why Red Spot is unobtanium?
I bought three or four bottles over a year ago and can't find any anywhere in my AO

Sounds like you would get along well on Saturday night v-herfs. ;)
What are they about ? Just a virtual bs and sharing a nice smoke for an hour or two or how’s it work. Sorry yesterday was my first day here. Hadn’t read all the stuff yet. Close but not all yet lol.

I bought three or four bottles over a year ago and can't find any anywhere in my AO
Unfortunately The way that all worked was the Red spot was given the ole stamp of unicorn bottles. It’s only been reintroduced and redistilled for a short time. It’s demand and popularity wiped out the shelves almost immediately and the stock at the distillery was widdled through rather quickly. It’s a 15yr old triple casket whiskey if memory serves me right. Have to consult my journals for a guarantee on that info. There was also some hush hush situation of importation likely due to the covid issues and the last of the stock was then sent to other countries that were allowing the importation of the whiskeys. It’s now a matter of time aging until we find it readily on the shelves again. You can still find bottles on auction and rare whiskey sites but your going to pay premium for it. Sorry I don’t have mote time to dive deeper into the answer for you. I’m being inundated by the wife to stop working and spend some time with her lol. Hope this answers your questions though.

What are they about ? Just a virtual bs and sharing a nice smoke for an hour or two or how’s it work. Sorry yesterday was my first day here. Hadn’t read all the stuff yet. Close but not all yet lol.
Pretty much spot on. A bunch of folks hop on Zoom every Saturday night starting at 2000 EST (or whenever you can get on) and generally just shoot the shit, pick on Hayden @H. Vachon, smoke cigars and drink whatever you drink. Once a month or so we try to have a group tasting, as well (last night was the Drew Estate FSG), and compare our takes on certain cigars. It's a great way to put faces with names and to make fun of Hayden. Skim through this thread, but the basics are Saturdays at 2000 EST. Use the Virtual Lounge link at the top of the page.

Also have you given Redbreast? It’s well worth the time to drink. Especially the cask strength it’s a 12 yr if I remember right but it’s cask strength. If you’re stuck on the Red Spot you should also give the yellow spot. It’s amazing in comparison to the Red. It used to be easier to find as well

Pretty much spot on. A bunch of folks hop on Zoom every Saturday night starting at 2000 EST (or whenever you can get on) and generally just shoot the shit, pick on Hayden @H. Vachon, smoke cigars and drink whatever you drink. Once a month or so we try to have a group tasting, as well (last night was the Drew Estate FSG), and compare our takes on certain cigars. It's a great way to put faces with names and to make fun of Hayden. Skim through this thread, but the basics are Saturdays at 2000 EST. Use the Virtual Lounge link at the top of the page.

Sounds like fun I’ll check out the thread and see about getting in on the fun. I like the idea actually pretty unique for a online group whoever thought of it gets a pat on the back for sure

I just finished off the last Sans Pariel sticks. No Opus X’s. Will I be shamed lol

And don't forget to tell Ben happy birthday.

We’ll, most folks are good with it. CigSid on the other hand, if it ain’t ISOM’s, it ain’t shit!!! Just sayin! 😎

Floyd T
I guess I’ll just have to use a mid range food cigar I enjoy and a nice bourbon then to make up for the sub par stick lol