• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's been a long road

Nate1977

UNIMPEACH CHAD
Hello,
Let's of new faces since I have last posted. And good to see you guys!!!!!!

Some of you may have noticed I dropped off the board in 2019. Which was due to a shoulder injury it took Drs 6 months to even figure out what the problem was, during this time I was also battling depression.

Finally had got to a Dr that wasn't messing around surgery was scheduled for March 2020.
Then Covid happened and It was considered elective , so surgery didn't happen untill May 2020. Started therapy Dec 2020 there was no improvement in range of motion.

They wanted to try a cortisone shot before going back in , however when they went in they pulled fluid out, instead and had suspected an infection.

March 2021 they went back in cleaned out a bunch of scar tissue and reset anchors.

In the mean time June 2020 my employer decided to send me a letter of termination.
Was still battling depression at this time.

As of now therapy is going well , still just range of motion, no weight yet. Seems my head is getting straight and beating this depression. There were times during this time my phone was off or internet was off.

What the future holds I don't know but can only take 1 day at time.

Good to be back to a little normalcy.

Happy Smoking
Nate

Nate is great to see you back. Sorry to hear about the struggles you have/are going through but it sounds like you are winning the battle!!! Keep you head up and know there are a lot of great people here to talk to if you ever need.

Welcome back Nate!
I went through a similar situation, with my low back, in my mid 40s & it was a huge challenge.
Like @modo22 said, keep up with the PT & there are plenty of folks here at CP that are ready to do whatever we can to help. ;)

Nate, a great "therapy session" takes place on Saturday evenings on the vherf. If you have the inclination, these guys will welcome you with open arms and PLENTY of medicinal cures! Hang in there, brother. The sun is still shining on ya and it'll come around.

Floyd T

Love seeing you back here brother! We all missed you. And... I agree with the Saturday night herfs, they have helped me get through some tough situations lately, the only problem is my cheeks are sore the next day from laughing so much 😂

Welcome back, brother!
Sorry to hear about your struggles, but so glad you've looked it right in the eye and fought back.

Well I'm one of the new faces and I don't know you. But my mom always used to say, strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.

I'm familliar with some of the struggles you mention. Although I would never presume to know what you have endured.

I do think this, though, that life is a long road of ups and downs. In some ways, the ups are defined by the downs, like day is defined by night. Far greater men than you or I have told of this, throughout time. Right now, I'm working my way back through the Hemingway novels, this time in chronological order, a sure-fired way to be reminded of it all. My favorite book, The Old Man and the Sea, sits at the end of the shelf. I've read it many times, and read it aloud to my childen when they were growing up. A light of sorts at the end of the tunnel.

Glad your life is looking up. May we all be so lucky.

Mark

A friend once told me that recovery of any kind isn't evaluated in time, but in progress. Keep at it and you'll get there. They vherf is a great time, and you are welcomed to stop by anytime we have one.

Hey Nate, I'm a newbie and enjoying my time here. I hope you continue to heal in every aspect of your life. Look forward to seeing you around. Joe