• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jose Seijas...any good?

O man we may be close.... My computer was having some problems it took me 5 to 10 mins to get a message going

I just want to tell all you guys that have committed to a GB fiver.

I lied about this smoke, it is terrible, worst I've had this year. :laugh:

Brian

I just want to tell all you guys that have committed to a GB fiver.

I lied about this smoke, it is terrible, worst I've had this year. :laugh:

Brian

LMFAO
I guess I know now who to send my aged White Owls to(Unbanded of course). :sign:

All that I have smoked have been great, just overpriced.

IGNORE all the above posts, horrible smoke, stay away!
First they allow more retailers to sell it and now the word is out. Dang. :)
Not only is this absolutely one of my preferred cigars it has also been one of my favorites to use as a bonus when trading. For the last few years it has been one of those rare sticks that I could send someone that they may have never heard of yet be a top-notch experience.
Tasty and rich. Lately they seem to have switched to a darker wraper, they used to look more sun-grown. Still fantastic. Worth the 13-15/stick? On a purely objective basis, not so sure Considering some of the other crap out there in the 10-15 range I'd say yes.

Im in - if not - Im in on your offer to buy some figurados!

~ t

Well - I made a buy today from a BOTL for some more Jose Seijas'...so after only resting for 5 days, in the ole humi...I'm smokin' that sucker tonight!!! Then I'll know what to do with the others once they arrive!!! I'll let you know what I think tomorrow, if it was worth all the hype.

Thanks to all suggestions & input...much appreciated; and if these are as good as everyone has been saying, I'll bomb someone with one of the ones I get, along with a couple others I have resting...

Peace Brothers!

I got a half box from a local B&M at buy one get one free too. How this is profitable for the retailer? I don't know. I really do not think these are limited to only 200 retailers. I have seen them everywhere in Mass. Great smoke though. Especially at a discount. :thumbs:

I will say when they first came out they wern't much, after awhile they have grown to be a great smoke.

MY JOSE SEIJAS REVIEW
Ok - Here goes, after all the build up:

(IMHO)

1. First, Un-lit - the smell is one of the best I have had. sweet. wrapper is an Ecuadoran Sumatra, olor binder from the Dominican Republic, Filler tobacco from the Dominican, Peru and Nicaragua

2. Cut off about 1/8" of the foot to light, 1/4" of cap to draw. Some people do not cut the foot, personal preference, but its easier to draw the flame to the foot when its cut IMO. :)

3. 1st inch was a tough draw, smoke was billowing off the foot, but poor draw, started to canoe (I have pics but don't know how to get them into a post). I found myself clipping away at the cap which eventually helped the draw to become good and the ash eventually corrected.

4. Nice white ash, hung on for about 1.5 inches until it fell off, turned to a white/grey ash after that.

5. 1st third had its issues (above) but ended up being a good start. To me there was a subtle hint of cherry, I think due to the sweetness of the smoke, but I also tasted a cinnamin / coffee blend.

6. 2nd third was good until the end, the draw became tight again, not sure why. Had to stop smoking. Had that not happened I could have enjoyed the whole stick.

Overall
Presentation of cigar Excellent - figurado
Color is medium brown, neither lite or dark
Oily in appearance - smooth, without large veins, and nice cap and foot construction.
Draw was firm, but smokable

Lighting and burn.
Burn was slow, with a firm medium white ash
no relights needed

Taste
Medium body cigar, cherry, cinnamin, coffee

Would I pay $15 for this cigar? No. $10 yes. But I would hope aging would help the draw. The one I smoked was gifted to me last Wednesday, and I have no idea if was aged at all, I doubt it from the draw issues and it was only in my humi at 65% for 5 days...I am SO hopingthat was the issue because that was the sweetest smelling stick I've had. All-in-all...this is only my opinion. A litle disappointed.

Please post your comments.

Aging those babies are the key. I received mine that was over 2 years aged. So it may be disappointing now, but hide one of those in the bottom of your humi. 2 years later, smoke it. Highly recommended, thats my .02

MaxNoodle, either you had a dud smoke or, it was stored with the foot close to your humidifier.

The one I smoked burned like a dream, tasted great. Definite improvement with a couple of years on it.

Brian

MaxNoodle, either you had a dud smoke or, it was stored with the foot close to your humidifier.

The one I smoked burned like a dream, tasted great. Definite improvement with a couple of years on it.

Brian

Well I just got a deal on 5 - so I'll drop them in the humi and forget about them for a while. I use beads so I don't think the humidifier was the issue, plus it was on top of a stack on the top shelf...Hopefully I'll get to experience what yo did one day!

Thanks!

~ t

Brian

I agree. When I first started smoking I had draw problems with these and plenty of other smokes because I was storing and smoking everything close to 70 rH. If you'd have dry boxed it for a couple days instead of storing it in your humi I gather your experience would have been different.

Ok - thanks! Like I said, I'll let 'em sit a while...I won't be smokin' through the winter, at least not as much, not at all until after Feb 21st, then once it gets warmer out...I'll be back in business. In the mean time, I'll be gathering!

Thanks again to everyone, wish I could fly you all in for a nice big herf!