• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Joy de Nicaragua Antano 1970

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Wow...
talk about a strong cigar! Whew... 2 hours ago, I finished and I can still feel it... and that was on a full stomach. Not the greatest flavor (did the PAM ruin me?!?) but a nice cigar. Contruction was good, burn was very even, and the ash was a nice medium grey. I was bombed with a Belicoso (6x54) which I normally do not like as much (more prefer the 48-50 ring sizes) but I had to try it! Forget the coffee, the nodoze and the caffine/energy drinks- you want to stay awake for awhile pull one of these suckers out and light it up.

Even on a long walk, with a breeze and pulling pooches, the ash stayed on well- nice construction! Smoke was awesome too.. lots of it and nice aromatic. The draw was a little tight at first, but it opened up as time drew on :laugh: And no problems keeping it lit either. As I said, not the most flavorful cigar, but then over the power of it maybe it was hard to taste.

Guess I'll be up for awhile!! These are not going to be a box buy for me, but maybe a 5 pack to have around for those adventurous times...

LOL. I've heard these are very strong, never had one myself.

bfreebern said:
LOL. I've heard these are very strong, never had one myself.
[snapback]179328[/snapback]​

Reeeeealy? Hmmmmm.... :whistling:

:D
The first time I smoked one of these
I was literaly flat on my back at the end...
had to wait for the room to stop spinning ...LOL

Bill

Ouuuuu..... I received one of these in a bomb and am seriously looking forward to this smoke. Thanks for the advice, have a full stomach, drink plenty of water and smoke early in the day :thumbs:

:cool:

NorCalCigarLover said:
Ouuuuu..... I received one of these in a bomb and am seriously looking forward to this smoke. Thanks for the advice, have a full stomach, drink plenty of water and smoke early in the day :thumbs:

:cool:
[snapback]179378[/snapback]​

And don't have anything else planned for the rest of the afternoon!! ;)

For those that find the Antano too much...the same people that make this cigar also make the Celebration. Very good, similar taste, not quite as strong. Sort of like the Antano with training wheels :laugh:
Peter

OK...here's the deal. This one is on the top 50 list I have been smoking from CI. I have read reviews of this smoke by guys who smoke tons of cigars a day, and they all agree...this is possibly the most powerful smoke currently being made. I read at least three reviews where the taster had to sit down afterwards because they were so dizzy. Crazy. Mine is in my humi right now mocking me. I almost fired it up tonight as part of my birthday celebration, but i'd already had a padron 26 #9 and a Monte 2, so I thought better of it.

good smoke but they are a real kick in the pants. the kind of cigar guys who smoke several a day might learn to respect...

Hahaha...
My rating I gave? ("These are not going to be a box buy for me, but maybe a 5 pack to have around for those adventurous times...")

Well, it came true- I got a 5 pack of Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970, Churchill sized for $19 on cigarbid!

Already promised tuxindy one, so I'll 4 more around to have at the 'appropriate moment' whatever that may be...! Or maybe a possible bomb load... :laugh:

I really like the belicoso. It has tons of strength, but seems to be toned down just enough to be enjoyable. I can't smoke the Grand Consul (short fat one). That cigar kicks my a$$. Just too strong.

these benefit greatly from a nap. i put mine in the bottom of my cooler where they are a pain in the neck to get at. they nap longer that way. lol

I like these cigars a bunch. I mean a whole bunch. The larger sizes are great, my preference actually, but they also have a smaller one worth looking at as well. Can't remember the name, but they come in a box of 50. A really nice smoke for when you don't have as much time. Smoke a couple and you'll get used to them quick. I haven't had one in a while now, but at the time I was smoking them often I was also smoking a lot of VSG's and opus x and the like so they didn't really seem that strong in comparison. I did like them a bunch though and the price was way better then the VSG and opus.