• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Juan Lopez #2

Reuben

I picked up a cabinet of 2013 Juan Lopez #2 on a tip from a buddy who lives in the Great White North. Then I read about the 94 rating Cigar Aficianado gave a box of 2015 Juan Lopez #2. I thought I would take a chance on the 2013 box, since 2013 seems to be a very decent year on most brands. Well this did not disappoint. When i slid the lid back and open the wax paper, i was hit with a heavenly smooth aged tobacco smell. I lifted the yellow ribbon and slid out an Oily deep brown wrapped cigar. The aroma is intoxicating. I toasted foot, lit it and this thing was Smooth as smooth can be right from the first draw. Smooth draw, well constructed with medium to slightly past medium body. No harshness whats so ever. The start was light leathery mixed with tea notes. Then this Creamy smooth very light vanilla, with mild coffee flavors comes on. A very light cocoa also touches the palate. This stick was so tasty i found myself having to really try and slow down. This robusto delivers throughout the length of the stick. I stopped with an inch to go, for it was getting hot. This might be due to how fast i was returning the stick to my mouth. Cant wait to grab two more while i watch the fights sat night!

As Cigar Aficianado wrote in one of their reviews of a 2008 rendition of this stick, "From our experience, this cigar always improves with box age. This is a smoke for true connoisseurs who prefer subtlety and finesse over strength and flamboyance." I feel they hit it exactly. The six year old aged stick from my new favorite SLB (slide lid box) matched this to a T. Beautiful flavor profile with subtlety and finesse, harshness aged out, and a beautiful experience. I give them a 94

Last edited:
Got a couple boxes of these resting up in the cabinet right now....great smokes. Thanks for the review of one my regular smokes....!!

Well done, had one this morning driving around, it was from '18 can't resist smoking them.

Always very nice!! A great budget stick.
Im not sure if there still a budget stick at around 16 bucks a pop for aged Juan Lopez. When you get really good sticks though, you kind a dont mind spending the money.

If you're paying $16 a stick....I hope the vendor blew you a kiss and sent you flowers. One vendor has them for $205 a box, which is $8.20 a stick. Yes, that's for "fresh" sticks but that's why you age yourself. JMHO....

Well being that Im new, im still gathering my sources. Also, my humidor is mid shipment as we speak and I guess i was in a rush to get some good quality aged sticks straight away. Going forward, Reubens Casa de Habanos will be ageing boxes! 👍 :)

Perfectly smokable fresh.....better aged, sure, but not bad right off the truck. If I'm going to spend $16 for a stick, it's not going to be a JL2....and, I really like JL2's.....

I’ve seen boxes of the Cohiba Robustos Supremos EL 2014 with the same PSM factory code from late 2013 to early 2014. Those were all rolled at the El Lagitudo factory. What’s your take @CigSid?

I’ve seen boxes of the Cohiba Robustos Supremos EL 2014 with the same PSM factory code from late 2013 to early 2014. Those were all rolled at the El Lagitudo factory. What’s your take @CigSid?
You are correct brother!

Oh wow! That makes sense to me in that the cigars are finely rolled, with consistent construction, and the same draw of a Cohiba. This is interesting and does not surprise me b/c of the quality ive been seeing in these boxes