• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Juan Lopez #2

Don't assume that, just because they're rolled at the same factory.
I was referring to the ones i have smoked thus far. They have all been similar to a cohiba robusto in construction (at least thus far 🤞👍

I have found, over the many years I have been purchasing and smoking Cuban cigars, that since they are “hand made” and errors happen... you can take any box of cigars, and some in that box will be tight, some will be loose, and some will be perfect (which is really arbitrary, since most of us like some variance of resistance) You can always tell a beginner, by the quality (or lack) of the roll, but even the most experience rollers will have a bad day every once in a while.
While I believe we are blessed to be smoking the best cigars in the world, remember that human beings are rolling them, and they are not going to be perfect every time, regardless of the factory or the roller...

Last edited:
I have found, over the many years I have been purchasing and smoking Cuban cigars, that since they are “hand made” and errors happen... You can take any box of cigars, and some in that box will be tight, some will be loose, and some will be perfect (which is really arbitrary, since most of us like some variance of resistance) You can always tell a beginner, by the quality (or lack) of the roll, but even the most experience rollers will have a bad day every once in a while.
While I believe we are blessed to be smoking the best cigars in the world, remember that human beings are rolling them, and they are not going to be perfect every time, regardless of the factory or the roller...

That’s so true which is why it has always amazed me that Padron’s consistently perform so well.

That’s so true which is why it has always amazed me that Padron’s consistently perform so well.
Like many things.......

"I have heard' that Padrom actually does use a machine of some type, but I know all of you know much more than I.

I have smoked Padron exclusively for over 20 years. Now that I smoke CCs exclusively, CigSid is correct. There is variance and lots of it. How would Padron's "hand rolled" cigars all be perfect and for decades, and testified by most likely everyone here on the site if they were truly all "hand rolled". Interesting question

I believe this is what you mean. It is supposedly used by many. This one happens to be in El Laguito. You Do bring up an interesting question on how does Padron do it when no one else seems to be able to.

Don't assume that, just because they're rolled at the same factory.
Well said Brandon! PSM was considered just a somewhat average factory code in 2013 and 2014, while MUO many consider excellent those years even though they both come from the same El Lagitudo factory. Don’t get me wrong Rueben, I bet they smoke great now, but that code never stood out in those years like LUB, MUO, and ULA. They vary from year to year as well. For example, I’ll always drop top dollar when I see something from 2006 & 2007 with the POS factory code.

I think the convo here about quality is interesting - cigars are hand made, so they will not be consistent... that is the consensus.

However..... the difference between some marcas/countries is the quality control they implement. Cuba simply doesn't have the level of quality control other factories might.... my $0.02

I believe this is what you mean. It is supposedly used by many. This one happens to be in El Laguito. You Do bring up an interesting question on how does Padron do it when no one else seems to be able to.
Did two cigar factory tours in Havana... didn't see a single one of these ;)

I've had plugged Padrons. Now Davidoff on the other hand...