• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just changed jobs

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Well, I am happy to have found or rather have been asked to join another firm. The company (and I use the term loosely) that I previously worked for was a crappy trucking company with an owner who had severe ADD. It was in Illinois, the land of the no smoking zones. They even painted a yellow line outside the doors since the law says you cannot smoke within 15 feet of any entrance. But aside from that. it was 45 minutes from my house and a real pain in the ass commute. We had to try and make payroll every Friday and sometimes it questionable until 5:00 PM as to whether we would or not. Being the finance guy, I felt like the burden was always on my shoulders. Staff turnover is more than 100%, literally.

Anyway, (this is the fairy tale part) a couple of months ago a fellow I had worked with in the 80's called and offered me the finance position with an insurance company he started 5 years ago. 15 minutes from my house....in rush hour! A massage thereapist 3 times a week, a steam room, a work out facility and a bunch of other perks. But of most interesting is it is a cigar friendly environment! They are putting in a smoke eater and a vent in my office. There is a budget for cigars and golf balls (Pro V I's). This is gonna be great and I know they will get my best effort as the environment suits my taste.

I haven't been around here much lately, but that should change as well.

I hope no one is jealous, really, but I just had to tell someone who might appreciate it in these smoking restrictive times.

Hot damn! That sounds like an awesome setup! And good for you, good things come to those who wait. Congrats man!

Glad to hear........

Throw some luck my way for my interview next week.

Paul

Now thats a job to make you happy. Old mate, cigar friendly, close.. other perks.

ooooh yes!

I hope no one is jealous, really, but I just had to tell someone who might appreciate it in these smoking restrictive times.
I hope your ok with me being jealous! :0
A big congradulations! Its almost like a golf/cigar version of Goggle.

Wow! Now, that is a job with perks. Good for you!

The job sounds like heaven, see if you can set up a mini bar. :laugh:

Holy cow, Larry. Wake up! You are dreaming!

No, but seriously, congratulations on your fantastic new job. :thumbs:

I suppose the chicks in bikinis come when you make full partner? :D

Best,
Wilkey

You won't get mad at me when I pinch you and wake you up, right? ???

Outstanding! Congrats brother. Much deserved, so enjoy! :thumbs:

Jealous ? Hell yeah . Sounds like a dream job. Congrats. I shouldn't complain though. I too work in a smokers friendly environment.

....and then he woke up.

You had me worried there brother, not having heard from you in such a long time. The new job sounds great! and welcome back!

:cool:

Ok, so it's not the greatest job in the world, just the best one I've had in a while. Thursday evening at 6:00 the secreatary broke out the Woodford (we can work on that) and it was nice to be back to civilized life. Tomorrow is a charity golf outing. It's good to be back. That piece of schmidt trucking co. was not civilized employment.

Nice perks indeed, but alas no girls in bikinis, after all this is Missouri.

Glad to hear........

Throw some luck my way for my interview next week.

Paul

Paul, I wish you all the best luck in your new endeavor and more than that I said a little prayer for you today that it all works out for the best!

Great to hear, good luck!

Anthony, thanks for the good wishes and I look forward to seeing you very soon. Next time we'll get to the best BBQ in KC (or order french fries :laugh: ) and I'm buying no arguements accepted.

First thing came to mind was Ross Perot's "great sucking sound", but this time it was the vacuum left as you dashed for the door.