• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just need to vent a little!

I suspect this idiot will be caught. Anyone stupid enough to shoot a K-9 is bound to screw up!

What did they think they were accomplishing? Were they trying to shut the dog up? Were they trying to teach the dog a lesson?

Given the circumstances, I'm guessing revenge. The shooter is in the arrest records of the officer. Fortunately she is new, relatively, the list should be fairly short.

Maybe in the course of finding this complete piece of $hit, he decides to run from the officers and must be stopped by a 12 gauge shot to the foot. What you say, the foot can't be saved. Too bad.

Find the punk and make sure to smash his shooting hand, in lockup he can't protect himself.
I'm hoping she makes a full recovery and spends the rest of her days with her partner as his friend.
Go get 'im Q!

That is really horrible! I'm sorry to hear about, but glad at least that the dog is alive!

I hope they save the paw! As for the idiot who did it...I hope you catch him, but karma will get him I'm sure....one way or another.

That is such BS!! Who would do something like that. I will send my brother's K-9 after that bastard.

I'm pretty sure the person knew it was a detection dog. She doesn't apprehend, she just detects. We have take home cars, so it's pretty obvious when the K-9 car is parked in the driveway. If someone were trying to break-in they wouldn't have even noticed her. She's real friendly and isn't aggressive. They knew exactly which one it was, he also has two other dogs in the back yard. They didn't even mess with the other ones. :angry:

This is a big reason why I park my unit in my garage. Aunt nobody that needs to know when I'm home or not except me.

Best of luck catching this guy Keith. You guys will. And Wisco(?) is it? I'm sure your post was meant to be humorous, but that sentiment reinforces the idea of Police Officers acting on their own laws instead of enforcing the Constitution, and can breed contempt towards LEOs. Just food for thought. This guy will get his, but it won't he in the form of a closed door back alley beat down.

Wow, I'm at a loss of words.....that is such a shame...I hope this perp is brought to justice. I hope the pup has a full and speedy recovery!

Catch this fugger Q....and then find some way to conceal the beating you put on him. Freaking cowards..

Franco, I know I've been gone for a while, however, I know this type of language is NOT allowed on this forum. I've changed it for you, on my post, I'd appreciate it if you'd EDIT your post accordingly! :angry:

Wisco, as a cop, I take offense to your post as well. Certainly you can come up with a more appropriate comment than that. Again, this board is viewable by many, many people and I'm pretty sure this isn't the type of image we want to portray.

This is one mans opinion. It's Rod's board and he can comment if he'd like.

Floyd T.

Thanks guys for the support Mike's worried as hell right now, as we all are. Right now the city is trying to figure out the cheapest way to deal with it which is COMPLETE BS!!!! Still no suspects that I know of. Then again I haven't talked to make today. I'll keep you guys updated as I get info.

As to what Wisco said I thought it was VERY unnecessary, but you guys know me I don't like to stir the pot. Cops have a bad name already this day and age, we don't need comments like that misconstrued by people not from this forum. The first time I came to this forum google sent me to the middle of a thread about humidor seasoning. Get my drift?

I'm at a loss for words, anyone who would shoot a dog deserves whatever they get. Just can't say what i want to say.
mad.gif

I apologize for my previous comment. No excuses. I have edited my contributions to reflect the integrity this community deserves.

And Q, when you get done with him, call me; I have the neatest book on foot dissection (without anesthesia ) you can imagine. Me and animals, you don't want to fugg with me.

Understanding budgets are tight, I really believe if this incident were to get press, both in and outside Baldwin County, the good folks around Middle Ga and even metro Atlanta would step in to help. While I know the training that goes into detection dogs is expensive, if this officer needs to retire based on her injury, a communitiy fund raiser may help all and get you out of the city government budget log jam. There are probably a few nice vets in the area willing to help with free medical as well.

Cparker

I have read this post several times but held off on saying something being that I am a K9 handler and I had nothing but profanity to say when I first read it. The bond between a handler and a K9 is more than just a family pet is. I have had a suspect kick me while trying to escape after breaking into a store at night. The suspect hit me so hard that my hips gave way and I couldn't even pick myself up off the ground. Had it not been for my K9 who was in the car in the parking lot the suspect would have surely gotten away. When I saw my dog take that guy to the ground and hold him there until other officers could help me it solidified that I WILL NEVER take my partner for granted. I can only imagine how hard this is for your friend Q. If there is anything that I can do such as help with sources for grants, fundraising efforts please let me know. And as for the suspect, in time he will get what he deserves. Karma is a B%*CH!

Wow.. I hope you catch him... Then it's time to break out the phone book!!!!! Make him feel remorse...

Well here is a little update! They have decided they will have to amputate part of his front paw, but not the whole paw. They said it won't hurt him at work because he is just detection. They said after it heals, he "should" be good to go, they'll have to wait and see. If not they will retire him. But I can assure you Mike feels A LOT better about it! He has been a real mess (and a pain LOL!) for the past week or so. I'll let you know what eventually happens but as of yet still nothing as to a suspect... :angry:

Happy to hear the news of the "possible" return to work. :thumbs: Hope it all works out!

Floyd T.

Good news!!! I hope he gets back to work soon.

There is actually a bounty on one of my department's tracking and detection dogs. Seems like he cost someone a little money on one of his pops.

Back