• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora & Stinky Cigar Contest

Wow, never knew he was such an ass. Too bad, because I do love the Stinky. :blush:

Why didn't you just say all that in post #3 instead of beating around the bush and having someone dig it out of you.

Tony pretty much nailed it. I'll also add that La Aurora is not my focus. Did you have any other question?

No, that was the only question. One guys opinion is just that... when 3 or 4 others chime in with the same opinion, then it gets interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I like La Aurora cigars, too. :)

So let me get this straight... this guy is famous for... Smoking Cigars? And making an huge ashtray out in his garage?

Hell I used to make "herf edition" ashtrays back when I was in the Army, out in the field, out of old coffee cans with a pair of tin snips.

And his "famous" ashtrays aren't even American made. No Thanks.

Thanks for filling in the blanks. I'm always looking for ways to support quality businesses, but it looks like this one may not deserve that support.

Let me get this right for everyone to understand.

We are only talking about Mr. Stinky end of story!

La Aurora cigars rock, I personally love the Cien Anos line and would go to any event sponsored by Sr. Jose R. Blanco!

Well you guys can flame me if you want but Stinky is a good guy. Guess ya just gotta know him. Don't know what happened but my guess is it was miscommunication. I'ave herfed with him a bunch of times in Vegas and he has always been a gentleman.

That said. Lighten up about "being a member here and not posting much". I got roasted by a couple of guys here in Dallas forposting about our Post Turkey Day Crawl...then they met me. Everything was cool.

I thought the pile ons were usuallly from a couple of OTHER boards where flaming is the norm. Thought you guys were different and more accepting. If you have a problem with Stinky...talk to him. Don't bash...just makes you look bad. Remember this is what drives people nuts and causes them to stop posting. THink of the BBS that have fallen away because of flaming. Just because you CAN post doesn't mean you HAVE to.

As for the contest....we gave Jose the giant Stinky. He had a small one on his desk and it was always full of ash. Jose torches every bit of cigar so the ashtray holds only that ash.

I think the contest is a good one. And remember the box you win is 100 CIGARS.

Mowee,

You're entitled to your opinion. If Stinky wants me to post a transcript of our conversation which he initiated with me at 9 AM the day of the herf, I'll gladly post all of the facts. Talk about flaming and bashing - that's what your buddy did while we were in Vegas. You clearly don't know the story, so to come in here and tell us we're flaming, that's pretty immature. Always best to know the full story before making such accusations. ;)

Well you guys can flame me if you want but Stinky is a good guy. Guess ya just gotta know him. Don't know what happened but my guess is it was miscommunication. I'ave herfed with him a bunch of times in Vegas and he has always been a gentleman.

That said. Lighten up about "being a member here and not posting much". I got roasted by a couple of guys here in Dallas forposting about our Post Turkey Day Crawl...then they met me. Everything was cool.

I thought the pile ons were usuallly from a couple of OTHER boards where flaming is the norm. Thought you guys were different and more accepting. If you have a problem with Stinky...talk to him. Don't bash...just makes you look bad. Remember this is what drives people nuts and causes them to stop posting. THink of the BBS that have fallen away because of flaming. Just because you CAN post doesn't mean you HAVE to.

As for the contest....we gave Jose the giant Stinky. He had a small one on his desk and it was always full of ash. Jose torches every bit of cigar so the ashtray holds only that ash.

I respect your opinion but you don't have to get to know stinky to know that he is a self-righteous asshole, he went out of his way to make that abundantly clear to more than a few people. I sat down at Casa Fuente with him to chat and ask a question about re-attaching one of the fingers to a stinky ashtray that I had broken. He waited all of 3 minutes before bashing CP, the CP Herf, Todd and anything and everything else CP related. He knew I was a member here and out in Vegas for the herf, but that didn't stop him from throwing his little fit.

Like Rod said, he has put no time in here and the posts he has made have been self promoting. He hasn't earned any respect or the benefit of the doubt and wont get either.

The issue is with mr stinky himself. We are not flaming you for sticking up for him. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

He had an issue with the way CP did their herfs. And he voiced his opinion strongly at Casa Fuente in front of a predominately PRO CP crowd. I have in the past contacted him about places to smoke and what nots about Vegas smoking (since he is a one of the key smokers in Vegas) when we were in the planning stages of the herfsand even before I found this place. He basically gave me the attitude that if its a cigar related event it needs his blessing. This attitude completely rubbed me the wrong way. Luckily I found 2 great BOTLS in Vegas that hepled make our past 2 herfs extremely successful. Without them and the help of this community I dont think we would have been able to have such successful events.

You guys need to just learn to live in a world where not everyone is as cool as me. Eventually you'll become as jaded as I am and hate everyone. :)

Wonder if he'll show up this year? I'll have the pleasure of meeting him, if he does.

DICK!

He's one of the key smokers? How the hell does one become a key smoker? I'm cracking up here. We're the lepers of genteel society and he's the key leper. Who promoted him to key smoker? That, I think, is where our problem lies. Out the bastid that promoted him. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Doc.

He's one of the key smokers? How the hell does one become a key smoker? I'm cracking up here. We're the lepers of genteel society and he's the key leper. Who promoted him to key smoker? That, I think, is where our problem lies. Out the bastid that promoted him. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Doc.

Doc I think it is self promotion at that!

Thanks for keeping it real.