• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Canada Fire

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I spent most of the afternoon at my Fiance's dad's house in La Canada. The backyard is literally a mountain, and the fire has just reached the mountain which connects to the backyard. Went over to get as much stuff as we could in the limited amount of time we had. It's pretty bad, the fire is right there. What makes is worse is that the backyard IS the mountain. The fire is now on the ridge, and the firefighters are staged in the backyards ready to fight the fire once it makes its way down. Another problem is that the mountain has a bunch of dead brush, which will act like huge candles when they light up. We're crossing our fingers...

Here are some pictures I took this afternoon from from the backyard. Watching the news right now at 1:45 AM, and the fire is now there...

fire1.jpg

fire3.jpg

fire4.jpg

fire2.jpg

Be safe Rod, and remember that no possessions are worth staying to try to fight it out. Family first. I hope that the firefighters can keep it at bay, I'll say a prayer for your future father in law.

Scary stuff having that looming so close. Take care of yourself!

Becareful Rod and get what you can safely and find a safe shelter for the future family. Just as Charles (CRQuarto) stated, there's no possession worth risking your lives. I hope the firefighters can help and I'm sure that they'll do their best....... :thumbs:

I hope everyone is getting out safely. Prayer sent for the firefighters and those battling the blaze.

Goodluck Rod to you and your family.

Be careful Rod. Like these guys said stuff ain't worth it. Take care of the family.

I know what it's like somewhat. I was on the voluntary evac. oncce. I had the car loaded with just the important stuff. Pictures and the humi!
Thank God we didn't have to go though.

We are praying for you

Best of luck Rod, stay safe and take care of your family brother they are the only things that matter.

I was wondering how you guys are doing since you're very close to that area. Stay safe and I'm crossing my fingers for you guys. If you need anything, we're here for you.

Be safe out there. It doesn't take long for things to get out of control. Hope the move is going smoothly, my thoughts are with you guys.

wildfire.jpg

My brother lives in La Canada and here is a picture of the hills from his house.

Be safe and I hope all is well with you and your family!

Prayers of safety for your family, friends, and their houses Rod. Not sure how the aerial topography looks, but whenever we fight wildland fires, we chase it, try to catch the head,but when it comes to homes that's where we make our stand! I'm sure their Incident Commander is gonna do everything possible to protect the homes!

What kind of B-day present is that?

What is even worse than all that moving is breathing the air. That has to suck.
Hang in there, hope everything turns out okay.

From here in the desert the sky towards the fire is almost black with a huge plume of smoke that looks like a thunderhead billowing high into the sky. Yesterday we were being choked out by the smoke and ash and the sky was deep orange. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. My son took them and then e-mailed them to me but he sent them to my office address.

Hope all is well with the family, Rod.

A light gray smoke has filled the sky today, and yoiu can taste the burn here in Las Vegas from the fires 250 miles away. Our thoughts are with all the botl's in the fire zones.
PJ

Stay safe, Rod. Let me know if there's anything you guys need. I'm free and can help with whatever.

Well, the fire line has crossed the mountains to the fringes of the desert. The community of Acton is under evacuation orders and that is the first community you come to when leaving the desert and heading over the hills to L.A.

I am now on call to go man the evacuation center in Palmdale and assist in not only processing claims but feeding people as well. Hopefully we will have no structures burn and all we will be dealing with is the additional expenses associated with temporary relocation.

Hope everything turns out ok. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Thanks for the support guys.

So far the houses on Ocean View appear safe, last I heard there were fire trucks lined up the street ready to fight.

As of last night the fire had burned 45,000 acres, now today (12 hours later) it has increased to over 80,000 acres. The smoke is awful.