• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lampeburger.. Do they work?

maduro89

Straight Razors and Whisky
So tonight I am going to do a cigar review on a local cigar infused with 1836 beer (local Houston brew) I'm going to sacrifice my living room because I'm a little low on cash to go to a bar tonight. Hopefully the smell doesn't linger too long after I smoke the cigar. This leads me into a question. Has anyone ever tried those Lampe Berger oil lamps? A bunch of local cigar shops here in Houston have them for sale and they say that they "kill" the cigar smoke smell. I know that they're trying to sell it so I know their answers are a little biased. Has anyone here tried them in their home? It's starting to get harder and harder to find a good place to smoke cigars around here. It would be nice to be able to sit down on my own couch, pop open a nice aged IPA and have a cigar while watching my season 3 Boardwalk Empire episodes. :)

PS Please excuse my Misspelling of Lampe Berger on the thread title.

CBoukal said:
Can't you just smoke outside?
Houston is like a giant humidor, it's so humid here it's almost not enjoyable to smoke outdoors, especially during the summer. Hence why I want to smoke indoors.

Sad Cigar Smokers Diary...

Dear diary, it seems that all of the Houston area cigar shops are desperately trying to sell me a Lampe Berger oil lamp in promise of an odor free living room upon the completion of smoking my beer infused cigar. I'm not sure if I can trust a single one of them as I don't even know them...yet, they all act like they know me. Have I met them in a previous life?...or have I forgotten all of them soon after their introduction. I hope I'm not going mad.

I have a lampberger in my office and house. And I gotta say they are they best air freshener by far IMHO. I would get one any try it out. They can get a little pricey but if there is a JR cigar near you I have found they have the best prices on the oils and the actual lamps.

Backslide said:
Just prop up an exhaust fan in the window and call it good.

This.  Better yet, if you get one of the window fans with two fans, you can usually set them to have one pulling air in, one pulling are out.  That's the setup.....