• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lars Tetens - Tesshu Deluxe D1

wileguile said:
maybe you grew up in communist china or something and you don't enjoy the freedom that our boys over in the middle east are dying for, then go back to lybia. i don't think you've had the experience of smoking a premium lars tetens cigar.
First of all, our forum does not allow flaming of any type. Unlike some other forums, our community cares about their image. Please do not flame, put down or insult other member's. We keep a very tight community here. Everyone is welcome, however please abide by the rules. There are several other forums which thrive on this type of behavior; it doesn't happen here, nor will I allow it to.

Also, please watch the language.

Any questions, feel free to email me.

Best Wishes,

Rod
CigarPass.com - Admin
Rod@CigarPass.com

Last edited:
Jeff, ALL of them are not that expensive. The one I smoke the most is the Shorty at about $12 a pop. There are a few more Tetens in my humi I picked up for under $7. Try one and do a review.

:( I "tried" to smoke ONE Lars Tetens, but I only got a few puffs in before I threw it away in disgust. It smelled like Copenhagen snuff and tasted like....like....nothing I had ever smoked before, and hopefully will never taste again. I immediately threw the remainder of the sampler away to prevent the Copenhagen smell from contaminating my other GOOD cigars. Anyone claiming that these are better than an "import", well...they have very different taste buds from mine. Hopefully, not all of the Tetens line is that bad - although I have no desire to find out. To each, his own!

STM :cool:

you're absolutely right. to each his own. unfortunatly, there must be a lot of people out there who's "own" share a characteristic; lars fanatic. there are so many people out there that i meet on the coarse or in the city that see me smoking a lars and freak out because they can't find them anywhere, and that lars are the best cigars out there. know why no one can get them? so many people smoke them. now, i understand if most of you don't jump on the bandwagon so to speak, considering it does take a nice pile of extra cash lying around to ride this bandwagon.

No, does not take a pile of cash to buy Lars...buying Dunhills and Davidoffs requires that. Buying Lars is very easy, as most all the stores that carry them seem to have plenty on their shelves. Oh and in a decent shop, those shelves are in the back corner isolated from the other cigars. But, like you said to each his own. If you want to spend mucho dinero on inferior tobacco made to smell like the armpit of a hippy, that is poorly constructed, than that is your perrogative.

Here my two cents for what its worth. ..
I look at the Lars line as I look at Martini drinkin it's an acquired taste and not everyone will enjoy them.  I seem to be like alot of the previous posts and did not enjoy the cigar. For some reason I still prefer a good Fuente or Partagas.  But if someone gets the same pleasure out of smokin the Lars line that I get from a good Hemingway thats great and what cigar smoking is all about.   Like they say "Good friends, Good drink and a Good cigar" lifes great treasures.
Unfortunately you just won't find them in my hummi  :D

Notice it says "good cigar". It doesn't name a brand. So, smoke what you like. No matter what you like.

Some like Choc., some like Vanilla. To each his own....... just don't ever stick one of those things in a box pass of mine! :thumbs: ROFLMAO!

:sign: :p :sign:

Interesting thread.

I have never had a Lars. I have seen them only in one of my local shops.

I am guessing that that are heavy on the essential oils? ("armpit of a hippy"=patchouli, what a great line.)

I have had Drew Estate cigars on occasion. Are these close?

Maybe I'll try one for the experience but for $45 I'll stick with the Opus coffins.

JerryG

Drew Estate cigars are to Lars Tetens

As a fake Rolex is to a real Rolex

Lars Tetens is the real thing

the original

if you keep a closed mind, then sure, you won't like them. try something new, and give them a chance. you'll like them. you obviously have the cash to handle the "inferior" tobacco and "poor" construction. now that's a joke. i have not found one that was poor or inferior. i enjoy them, very much and in fact, they are my favorite. some people really need to lighten up.

I really would like to see someone who has no opinion of the Lars do a review. Hell, I'll provide the gars!

I never had one and am a bit leary to take you up on that offer. It sounds to me like a matter of taste, fellas.

I'm okay with that, myself. Heck, I'm a poor Human Services worker who thinks he's heaven smokin' an Indian Tabac Maduro Churchill and drinkin' a Sam Adams.........nothin' finer imho.

;)

Have you tried Green Eggs & Ham :0 You may like them Leebo my man :cool:

Hey Ragin Bull

Send me the gars!! I've never smoked a Lars and have no opinion on the matter what so ever. I'll do a fair review with an open mind...no problem. :D :D

Just let me know and i'll send you a snailer. :thumbs:

Get Mikey to try it, he'll try anything......

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Indian Tabac are great gars

I met Phil the original owner

before ......I cant remember his name

I think he's indian ( not american indian lol)

he live in Naples florida now

anyway great gar

Raging Bull, I would take you up on that if you are serious. I've never tried one before and would give you an honest, unbiassed review.

Henry, would be thinking of Rocky Patel? He is the founder of Indian Tabac, great guy, met him a couple of times.