• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lars-The New Un-bias REVIEW

I was all set to smoke the Shorty yesterday, but my Bud TommyRox took me to our fave store to partake of the leaf, and they don't allow Lars to be toasted in their store. So I had a Puch Rare Corojo instead. Yum Yum
I will cook the shorty today and let you know what it does for me.

Good One Matt, and BTW, it was a Punch not a Puch, the letter N on my home PC is a bit slow to work :D

All you Lars fans, block your ears for a sec.....

Actually, the store is called Sir Elliotts and the lady that runs it, Claudia, told me that a good customer of theirs came into the store with a Lars D-1 already burning, she said she ran him out before he even reached the Coffee bar and wouldn't have a Lars in her Humi if they paid her to give them away.

Well, the shop I worked at did sell them, but I never allowed anyone to smoke them in the lounge when I was working. LMAO, never actually told someone not to, just offered up a nice Havana from my locker if they were thinking about lighting up the Lars and they never turned it down. LOL

LOL ....well i spend well over a thousand dollars a week on Lars gars and if an owner said..........well they wouldn't have the nerve......I hear a lot of big talk from Matt I would love see if I was there

I can't even believe what I'm reading. You know something, I frequent many cigar boards where store owners and managers discuss daily business and how the cigar retail business has gone to the internet and how so many stores are closing because they can't compete with the prices. After reading your comments (Matt and Puro) it's no wonder they're avoiding the shops if Matt and this woman are treating customers that way. Matt, personally, I'd be so insulted and pissed off by your blatant display of arrogance my Jersey City upbringing would come right out and want to kick your ass. I'm printing this and showing it to my local guy. He's not going to believe this.

"Give me the bat, faggot"
-Jim Breuer bit on O&A

matt, what are you talking about? first of all, i love how you take the opportunity to speak for everyone on the board. that was nice of you to ask everyone first. secondly, i don't brag about how much money i have. if i brag so much, tell me, what's in my bank account now? give me a break. money is not the focus of the issue. if someone asks how i can afford them, i tell theml. it's that simple. thirdly, what crappy attitude are you refering to? and finally, for now at least, i'd like to point out that the spelling police are the most annoying people on any BB. look at my posts. what is the percentage of correctly spelled words relative to incorrectly spelled words? since you're so interested in bashing anything i say, i wouldn't be surprised if you actually knew the figure. one more thing, to the other guy, i'm not throwing lars in anyones faces. it became a topic to discuss, and forgive me if i posted an opinion of the minority, and posted it repeatedly, when ever appropriate. come on. how old are we? i sent cigars to the people who were willing to try them. notice who started the thread? not me. i'm not beating any horse to death.

The hostility around here...jeeeessssee!!!!! :lookup: Play nice already. :p I just might have to put you all in time out, like I do my kids. ;)

:sign: GO TO YOUR ROOM!!! NOW!!!!

lol. sorry beast. just got a little worked up. didn't mean to come across as hostile, just rebutting.

Look, I really take treatment of customers seriously. When I walk into a place where I am expecting to be able to relax and drop a few bucks the last thing I need is someone, who is supposed to be providing me with courteous service, to behave rudely and insultingly attempt to discourage me from enjoying my cigar IN A CIGAR STORE! Who gives 2 sh*ts whether the owner/manager likes what I'm about to light up? I doubt any owner/manager creams in his pants over every single cigar they sell. Granted they have a right to tell someone what they can or can't do on their property. But with the information I was given about the woman's behavior in the Dalls store, I also had the right to tell everyone I knew who frequents and is based out of the Dallas/Fort Worth area to avoid her store like the plague.

I have 2 factories located in Texas.

That's exactly how I'm going to handle the situation too.

I have close to 400 employees just in Texas alone.

I'll make sure my people in Dallas never set foot in that store.

I spend most of my time while I'm in Texas in The Green Room in Houston where they love Lars Tetens cigars. ;)

This has gone far enough. I am dissapointed to see some of the language that has been posted here. Anyone who wishes to directly flame another member will be asked to leave our forum. How is it you can defend a cigar to this extent? Let's not take a person's review of a cigar as a personal attack.

Those members who have been with CP for more than 4 months know what we're about here. We are not like most other forums which tolerate flames. Why? Because we have respect for our community, and I'm going to keep it that way. Sure, we may not have thousands of members, and there's a good reason for that. This board is actually moderated, and we keep it clean and friendly. I can't say that for too many other forums out there. So what happens? We have fewer members. What's that mean? More fun, more real discussion, and a hell of a lot less flaming. Make that NO flaming.

So please, let's not let discussion's get personal. We're all here to have fun and enjoy a hobby we can all relate to. In the future, if anyone has a problem with another members post, please take it up via email or PM.

Thank you,
Rod
Rod@CigarPass.com

OK, enough is enough. My mistake was even mentioning the statement made by the store manager. Which I might add may have been said only in jest. Boycotting the store would certainly be a mistake. Tommy and I go there regularly because it is a great place to sit and have a gar and a good cup of coffee. The people there, both employ and customers, are great.

Frankly I think a Lars is an Outside stick. Too heavy for indoor smoking. My oppinion. But I really liked the shorty, a great smoke. I would not however, attempt to smoke it indoors, in public. Even outdoors I had one lady get up and move away from me stating it was making her dizzy.

But come on, lets grow up a bit. We are a talking about a cigar. Besides, all the bashing of the Lars that I have seen is done TIC.

"Well, the shop I worked at did sell them, but I never allowed anyone to smoke them in the lounge when I was working. LMAO, never actually told someone not to, just offered up a nice Havana from my locker if they were thinking about lighting up the Lars and they never turned it down. LOL"

Let me paraphrase for you:
So Matt, what I hear you saying is that you do not like the smell (strong smell) of a Lars so if one of your customers was about to light one, you offered them a fine ISOM instead? And if they had turned it down and lit the Lars, you would not have told them they could not?

Hmmm, sounds good to me guys, where is the bad treatment in that? Hey Matt, I have a D-1 here and am about to light up, where is my ISOM :D

The lady at my fave shop "said" she turned him right around, but do we really think a store owner would turn away a customer? I am farely sure she was spinning a yarn, as people sometimes do.

To all the Lars fans, of which I have kindof become:
Lighten up a bit, you have chosen to Favor a different kind of smoke, there is a certain amount of ribbing that goes with that. But resorting to the type of flaming some have doled out in response to that ribbing is making a funny situation a bad one.

I haven't heard anyone here saying you can't smoke em, just don't put em in a pass, I understand that. I worried about my puros when they only spent a few minutes with those smelly sticks. I will smoke a Lars from time to time, I was very pleased with the flavor of the Shorty. Do I expect to get ribbed a bit? You bet, all in good fun.

So can't we just be friends and have fun?

I am fine

Although when I mention Tetens on CW there isn't this kind of hassle (not from you Puro), Matt is doing a little needling, but I take it all in fun.

And I'm glad you mentioned the store Puro, that’s what these boards are all about, information.

I could bring 20 or 30 new customers into that store; instead I had my secretary call into our office in Dallas and compile a list of the big gar smokers there.

My assistant is now going to contact them and we'll see what happens.... :D

I like forums and I like the interaction

I don't take offence to any of it

:thumbs:

henry said:
Matt is doing a little needling, but I take it all in fun.
Good to see someone has an idea of what is going on around here. :) I will shut up now and maybe if we talk about other subjects this will all go away. We can only hope. LMAO :)

I've tried Acids thought they were ok, considering Lars but I only saw one or two for sale and they both were of $15 which is more then I want to pay for something I might not like, now this D-1 has my interest. Henry you have me interested in what kind of products are made in your factories :) Someday I will try Lars and when I do I'll be sure to give my "expert" opinion :lookup: