• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Latest News From Guyana

GuyanaBoy

HAPPY SMOKES!!
Well Gang, it has been a while since I gave you the latest news down here. I have had trouble for some reason getting logged on here, and finally got logged on by "going around the world".

Anyway, our office has been busy trying to help those who have been devastated by the flood. There were literally hundreds of thousands who have been directly affected, and thousands of others indirectly affected. It has been a difficult time for everyone involved.

We have distributed over 40 tons of food and other supplies, and just took delivery today of another 20 tons of supplies to be distributed the early part of next week.

We have also found several orphanages and children's homes that have been doing without now for almost a month. Today, we delivered over 4 tons of food to these children's homes alone. It was truly sad to see these kids having to do without food and fresh water. But it was also wonderful to see the faces of the kids and the workers when we showed up with the food for them.

We are winding things down here in terms of relief. The waters have receded in ninety five percent of the places, and the clean up is well underway. Health issues have been significant, and dozens have died because of the flooding, but the people of Guyana have the ability to "bounce back" better than anyone I have ever seen.

Basic household effects are the next thing on our list to deal with, and we feel like we are going to have to supply lots of mattresses, towels, clothes, and kitchen supplies.

I hope to leave Guyana in mid March, and hope to be home shortly after that.

In the meantime, keep all the folks here in Guyana in your thoughts and prayers. . . and let me hear from you. Drop me an email. . . it would be WONDERFUL to hear from all of you.

Take care guys! Love on your families, and count your blessings!

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

Good to hear from you Steve. Sounds like you have much work to do. God bless!

Gregor

It's great to hear from you Steve and it's even better for the folks in Guyana for having people like you helping them out. Hope to see you soon........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Thanks for the wponderful work your doing for those people. :)

Cheeze said:
Thanks for the wponderful work your doing for those people. :)
[snapback]168338[/snapback]​

Glad you were finally able to log on and keep us up to date. The work you are doing must be incredibly fulfilling, to be able to do "hands-on" relief work.

Is there anything that you need that the brothers here could help with. I'm sure you have only to ask.

Thanks man. . . .all I need is your thoughts and prayers.
Although the floods have receded, last night it started raining, and has rained all day long. Although we have a long way to go to being flooded again, tensions are very high, and the new rains bring a torrent of memories and worries.

Thanks for all you good thoughts guys!

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

On the plus side, no cigars will be getting too dry! :D

You have my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck with your work.
:thumbs:

Good to hear from you again bruddah! Take care :thumbs: