• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Let's see your coolidor's!

CS that is damn impressive. Hats off to everyone else as well. :thumbs:

My sad excuse

coolidor.jpg

You'll be complaining in about 3 months about how you had start another :laugh:

And now! ..................I absolutely, positively, unequivocally, will NOT expand any further.......I hope!
f_Coolidorsm_9ffffab.jpg

f_Humidorsm_4744d5e.jpg

Just for laughs. If I could copy one and make it mie I would take Gonz's. Though there are some very close seconds.

Just for laughs. If I could copy one and make it mie I would take Gonz's. Though there are some very close seconds.

Thanks for the compliment, but I gotta tell ya, towards the end that thing was a pain in the ass! It was at least a 10 minute process of Cigar Box Tetris every time I wanted to find a particular cigar!

And now! ..................I absolutely, positively, unequivocally, will NOT expand any further.......I hope!
f_Coolidorsm_9ffffab.jpg

f_Humidorsm_4744d5e.jpg

CigarStone, I'm curious. In the 2 coolers on the left where do you keep your humidification device? Unless I missed it I can't see it. Reason I ask is because I'm trying to figure out the best way to place my beads without them getting in the way of my smokes or having to move them around constantly while I'm in there. After reading this thread and seeing pics I'm thinking putting the beads in a stocking is the best way to go.

Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment, but I gotta tell ya, towards the end that thing was a pain in the ass! It was at least a 10 minute process of Cigar Box Tetris every time I wanted to find a particular cigar!

I thought that was all part of the fun. I'm still new to the "collection" part of this hobby so I still open up my "combat humidor" and look at my sticks, smell them, rearrange them and generally enloy what I've got. If you ever feel that looking for a cigar is a chore I'm sure there are some here that are more than willing to lighten your load!!

Cheers,

Tony

Instead of going with a vinotemp I am going with the coolidor approach. I have a empty CAO Brazilia, MX2 and LX2 boxes along with ACID boxes and a Perdomo Inmenso box. Can I use the CAO boxes in the coolidor? Also I have another box of Brazilias coming and I am not going to open them. How long can they be unopened in the coolidor? Thanks for the help.

Instead of going with a vinotemp I am going with the coolidor approach. I have a empty CAO Brazilia, MX2 and LX2 boxes along with ACID boxes and a Perdomo Inmenso box. Can I use the CAO boxes in the coolidor? Also I have another box of Brazilias coming and I am not going to open them. How long can they be unopened in the coolidor? Thanks for the help.

With almost no exceptions that I can think of, any cigar box is made and meant to be in a humidor under those conditions. It won't matter whether your humidor is a cooler or a walk-in, the ambient conditions are the same.

As far as opening, you could in theory not open a box and store them for years in a humidor of any kind. I suppose if you plan on auctioning at Christie's there might be some value added by the fact that the seal is intact, otherwise I personally prefer to open and inspect everything just in case there's an issue that needs to be addressed.

Regarding anything made by Acid, get rid of it. They make so much crap, and so much of it is flavor infused, that I wouldn't put anything from that line anywhere close to my cigars.

Explore some other cigar lines and if after that you still enjoy the Acid cigars than more power to you, but the prevailing opinion (except that BMW newbie guy) is that they just simply are not very good cigars.

With almost no exceptions that I can think of, any cigar box is made and meant to be in a humidor under those conditions. It won't matter whether your humidor is a cooler or a walk-in, the ambient conditions are the same.

As far as opening, you could in theory not open a box and store them for years in a humidor of any kind. I suppose if you plan on auctioning at Christie's there might be some value added by the fact that the seal is intact, otherwise I personally prefer to open and inspect everything just in case there's an issue that needs to be addressed.

Regarding anything made by Acid, get rid of it. They make so much crap, and so much of it is flavor infused, that I wouldn't put anything from that line anywhere close to my cigars.

Explore some other cigar lines and if after that you still enjoy the Acid cigars than more power to you, but the prevailing opinion (except that BMW newbie guy) is that they just simply are not very good cigars.

I been smoking cigars for probably 14 years now and I do like the Kuba Kuba's from ACID. I know they are infused but I like the taste. They are the only infused I like. I have them in a separate humidor. I have other cigars like CAO and Rocky Patel. Right now I have 2 humidors; Vector 75 to 100 count that is for my Acid and the other resembles the Palermo humidor which holds like 100 to 120. Both are pretty full which is why I considering doing a coolidor or vinotemp. If I do the coolidor I think what I may do is just put the humidors inside the coolidor since I am worried about temps and humidity going up and down. I could take them out and put them in boxes but why when they all already fit in the humidors. What do you think?

Here's mine.
Nothing fancy but when I joined CP I only had 1 box of RyJ No.2 ,so I think its growing nicely.
2957d899.jpg

aa0a582c.jpg

f8b437a5.jpg

f3f9d079.jpg

f_Coolidorsm_9ffffab.jpg

f_Humidorsm_4744d5e.jpg

CigarStone, I'm curious. In the 2 coolers on the left where do you keep your humidification device? Unless I missed it I can't see it. Reason I ask is because I'm trying to figure out the best way to place my beads without them getting in the way of my smokes or having to move them around constantly while I'm in there. After reading this thread and seeing pics I'm thinking putting the beads in a stocking is the best way to go.

Thanks.

Sorry, I hadn't checked this thread in a while. In all cases, my beads are in a long thin stocking (10 inches long and 2 inches in diameter) behind the boxes (against the back of the cooler). They are never in the way and occasionally I put a dish of water beside them to rehydrate them.

You guys are lucky your basements are cool in the summer time. I tried to keep a coolidor but my basement in the summer is still close to 80 degrees. :angry:

I feel woefully inadequate. ???

I've been a member here for 8 months and since then I've graduated from a 10ct traveldor to a 100ct desktop humi which is half full.

I'm behind the curve it would seem. :D :laugh:

Bought my first cigar about 3 months ago now . . . joined here a month ago and look what that causes:

Coolidor.jpg