• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada No. 9

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
I know this isn’t a rare smoke or anything, but it’s been on my list for quite some time. Brad @Thoughts, I really appreciate it and I enjoyed the hell out of it!

Liga Privada no. 9
B0C6609D-1329-41DE-890F-F0A61F4FC1F4.jpeg

Beautiful dark and oily wrapper. Great construction, very consistent from head to foot.

Cold draw: Hay and pepper

First third: White pepper and wood at the initial light. Now further into the 1st third I’m getting caramel, coffee and what feels like salt on the tongue. White pepper stayed consistent and had the perfect about of spice/heat in the retrohale to make my nose tingle. I’m loving this so far!

Second third: As soon as I dropped the ash it took a hard right, not in a bad way. The caramel has really dropped off and the smoke it quite leathery now. The flavor of the pepper is still there, but the heat is nowhere to be found. Still really enjoying it, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t sad to see it go. Dark chocolate in the retrohale and into the finish.

Final third: “Hello pepper my old friend. I’ve come to talk with you again.” The heat has made a return. The leather is still at the front and there is a sweet baking spice in the background. As I reach the final inch of the cigar, nutmeg and cream are all I’m getting. This is a great way to end a cigar because at the smoke heats up, it offsets any typical bitter flavors I tend to get.

6DC54EA6-426F-48D8-8EBB-DAB1F09963F0.jpeg

Thanks again brother! I’ll be buying more of these soon! 😎

Last edited:
Nice review, This is a good stick. I find the Liga line to be full bodied. Do you agree?

Nice review, This is a good stick. I find the Liga line to be full bodied. Do you agree?
For sure Medium + to full. Right up my alley. This is the first Liga I’ve had outside of the Undercrown Maduro. I think the UC maduro has a bit more ass behind it but this was by far a more enjoyable smoke IMO.

Very glad to see you enjoy it brother. It has some age on it, which may be why its not a full body as much as one would expect. Excellent review and description

Nice review! I tried one of these about six months ago. While nice, I remember thinking how great they were upon original release. Those were very special like the OR Anejo’s.

Personally, I prefer the T52 line. I find it more balanced, less in your face pepper. Kinda Opus X like but with Nicaraguan characteristics.

Nice review! I tried one of these about six months ago. While nice, I remember thinking how great they were upon original release. Those were very special like the OR Anejo’s.
Couldn’t agree more! I blame Swisher Sweet...😂

Great review on the No. 9, Hayden! I have a feeling you're going to enjoy the T52 as well. I like it even more than the No. 9!