• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighter Recommendation

Willie56

Whats a good lighter for cigars? Can't light a $10 cigar with a $.99 lighter can we? Looking for something classier.

I think it is really just personal preference, if you search you will see multiple threads about different lighters, there was just a group buy for a Blazers Little Buddy that are very well liked.

But you will see a bunch of people that use Ronson Jetlites they are like 3 bucks from wal-mart. Find what works best for you!

Go HERE

Look at the nice lighters.....

Scroll down to the bottom of page or go HERE

Rod will be doing this again soon. ( Won't you Rod??? ) ???

It's a very good lighter for a good price from "The CP". :thumbs:

I own a Dupont Ligne 2, Dupont torch, Lotus table lighter, Xikar and a handful of Blazers. I almost always use the Blazer it's a great lighter with a controlled flame, very easy for lighting cigars and not burning the wrapper.

I had a Xikar and lost it. I now have 3--4 Jetlites sitting around. They all do the same job.

Whats a good lighter for cigars? Can't light a $10 cigar with a $.99 lighter can we? Looking for something classier.
But you can light them with a $2.99 Ronson. My Ronsons have outperformed 3 colibri, 1 xikar, and 1 blazer lighter.

Well, it looks like I can get a good lighter for far cheaper than I thought. Blzer's look like a forum favorite. Thanks everyone.

Blazers are great!

There are lots of lighters out there. 80% of them will perform exactly the same, 10% will be exceptionally good and 10% exceptionally bad. I'd say blazer is probably in that top 10%. Price isn't a good indicator of a quality lighter.

The Blazer PB-207 (Little Buddy's Granddad) is a hell of a nice lighter. Works every time, and I got it used from someone. Almost two years and no failures.

I have a blazer pb-207 that seems to finally be wearing out, but it may just need some cleaning. I've also had great success with Dunhill Rollagas's, I keep one or two around. Besides that, Im Corona makes a great lighter, as well as Xikar. Zippos work just fine as well. Really, there are tons of options, you just have to find what you feel works the best for you.

Do yourself a favor and get a Blazer like other folks here have suggested. When I first started I bought lighters from Vector and Tiger despite many folks here saying the Blazer PB-207 was the best lighter they'd owned. I finally got one a few months ago and I agree with them. The Blazer is the best one I own.

Thanks for posing this question. I am always looking around for a new lighter and you reignited (pun not intended) my search for a good everyday lighter. Looks like I'll be picking up the Blazer.

But you can light them with a $2.99 Ronson. My Ronsons have outperformed 3 colibri, 1 xikar, and 1 blazer lighter.

Although I've never had a big name expensive lighter, I agree with this. My $3 Ronson Jetlite from Walmart is the bees-knees! Plus, you can save the money you would have spent on a lighter and buy more cigars!

The Blazers are great lighters, at least the ones I've used from other BOTLs. My favorite lighter when I'm home is:

bonjour.jpg

I recomend this.

Unlike expensive butane lighters it works every time. Matches are also nice.

Doc.
flint-and-steel-new.png

Well, a Norse fire steel is a tough act to follow, but I'm a big fan of Blue Rhino torch lighters. I'm on my second triple torch from them . . . not especially pretty, but nearly indestructible, never needs fussed or fiddled with, lights every single time, and has a builtin punch.

Blue_Rhino_Lighters_Ad.gif

Mine's the one on the far left, but in all-black.

~Boar

I have a bunch of Vector Thundras, they are not a pocket size, but they keep working and they hold a LOT of fuel :thumbs:

I have both the Blazer PB-207 and Little Buddy...I have to say that of the two I like the PB-207 better. Don't get me wrong, both are great and I love the flip cap on the Little Buddy as well as the easy to use flame adjuster at the bottom, but I hate the safety lever on the thumb switch. While the Blazer are great, the look of them is more industrial than refined. If you are looking for something more refined, I would go with an ST Dupont Maxijet. You could probably get almost 3 Blazers for the price, but it is another lighter that never fails. Well...at least not for me.