• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighters

That Zippo converter sounds great. Do you have a link? Google didnt turn up anything.

Same here other1. Also checked Yahoo!/eBay stores and auctions with no success. that'd definately be something I'd be interested in.

But if something like that has been done, it probably wasn't done by Zippo. I'll try refining my search some tomorrow if Ike doesn't have any further info, and see what I can (or can't) come up with. For now it's off to bed. ;)

I've had a Solo twin flame torch for nearly 2 years now and it still works great. The lid flipped off when I failed to notice the pin backing out, but it still does what it's supposed to do. Also has a lifetime warranty, so if I ever get around to shipping it to them I assume it will be repaired. :lookup:

I have a Colibri Quantum that has also worked just fine for the same length of time.

One caution with the Nibu triple flames. The spring for the fill valve is so stiff that the butane refills with the multiple plastic tips will deform before they can push it down. No down, no fill. No fill, no flame.

I picked up a pack of 50 Roll/lites at Costco for under $5. So cheap that if the flame won't come up high enough I just pitch it and grab another. :)

I stopped using Zippos when I stopped being a frequent cigar smoker though. My Zippo inevitably needs to be filled EVERY time I smoke when I only get to smoke a few times a month.

If I was the type of smoker who got to smoke a stick or two a day, a Zippo would probably be more appealing to me.

Matt

You got that right Matt :thumbs:

The fluid evaporates from a Zippo in no time, especially in the warm weather. If I fill a Zippo and don't use it at all, I find that in about two weeks, it needs to be refilled. In my case since I smoke a cigar or two a day the Zippos work well for me.

I also like the fact that you don't have to keep pressure on a button the way you do with Bic lighters.

Its not a zippo conversion, it is another lighter. From what I have heard from others the insides are supposed to fit into the full size zippo housings.

The link that was posted is the correct product. I can not find the link I had, it showed all the different woods and metals it was available in and had more info about it. I will keep looking for it.

I ordered one.. I'll let everyone know if you can put it in a Zippo casing once it arrives.

I use anything I can find. I'm not refined enough to taste fuel, vapor, flint, etc.....

My wife will light one for me in the truck and people around just stare.

Back when I had my '59 vert bug, I was stopped at a light next to a big rig and couldn't find a lighter.......then a bic landed on the passenger seat........the trucker dropped it in as he pulled away from the light. I pulled up next to him at the next light, gave him his lighter back........and an LGC Wavell for his trouble. Dude said thanks and then showed me his in-cab humi..........full of Partagas Habanos.

M. Gipson

other1 said:
I ordered one.. I'll let everyone know if you can put it in a Zippo casing once it arrives.
You can as Jason had it with him last night

psyktek said:
One caution with the Nibu triple flames. The spring for the fill valve is so stiff that the butane refills with the multiple plastic tips will deform before they can push it down. No down, no fill. No fill, no flame.
Thank goodness the triple flame Nibo I have (came in on Friday) fits onto the nice metal tip of Vector fuel - no adapter needed. I could tell right away what you meant though - there was a lot of spring tension on the fill valve. Usually you can purge butane lighters with a pen tip, but on this bugger I needed to use a small philips head screwdriver.

just bought 10 torch lighters from cheap lighters for $30 including shipping...did it through ebay.

refillable...reliable...maybe not as nice to look at as a colibri, but what the hell. :D

barney

txmatt said:
psyktek said:
Thank goodness the triple flame Nibo I have (came in on Friday) fits onto the nice metal tip of Vector fuel - no adapter needed. I could tell right away what you meant though - there was a lot of spring tension on the fill valve. Usually you can purge butane lighters with a pen tip, but on this bugger I needed to use a small philips head screwdriver.
The metal tip on the Lava refill fits as well, but not very tightly. If you don't mind a little blowback...... :(

Will have to try the Vector refill when this runs out. Thanks for the tip. :)

txmatt said:
The cheapest location I have found recently for them is here.. The great thing about this vendor is they charge next to nothing for shipping. (I ordered 4 ligthers and a key chain and was charged $1 shipping).
Thanks for the link Matt. I just bought a triple flame torch from them. I've been using Zippo's for years but for $9 it's worth having another lighter around the house.