• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2021

Most of the common off the shelf single barrel is OBSV recipe. To find the others you typically have to buy store picks of barrel proof.
Pardon my ignorance please. By "Store pick" do you mean something the manager holds back for special request of for special customers?

Pardon my ignorance please. By "Store pick" do you mean something the manager holds back for special request of for special customers?
Store picks are whole barrels that the store buys and has bottled for themselves only. With some manufactures you can customize the flavor profile, label, or whatever. Others just give you a sticker for the bottle saying store pick. HighWest does an awesome job with their store picks, IMO they are better than the normal releases and that is saying something.

A store pick is a bottle that was specifically made for that store. How it works depending on the distiller. Some with have store visit the distiller or they will have a rep come to the store with several samples from barrels. That store will then do a personal tasting and pick their own personal barrel which will be bottled and sent to that store as an exclusive.

Here is a great video that shows the Whistle Pig experience.

A store pick is a bottle that was specifically made for that store. How it works depending on the distiller. Some with have store visit the distiller or they will have a rep come to the store with several samples from barrels. That store will then do a personal tasting and pick their own personal barrel which will be bottled and sent to that store as an exclusive.

Here is a great video that shows the Whistle Pig experience.

CP barrel pick, anyone?

CP barrel pick, anyone?
I've tried with Blanton and was told "were not taking applications, try next year" Maybe if we set our sights a little lower we could get it done. The catch is you have to partner with your local liquor store because you can't receive the bottles yourself. The other challenge is you have to pay up front. That's a TON of money up front so you'd have to get everyone to pay ahead of time. Not an issue but its something to consider. I'd be game

I'd be game too if it wasn't super high price. I wonder if Wild Turkey does this?

@Acclaym shipping becomes a big deal also. You have to assume each guy will need to buy at least a case to cover the yeild of a barrel. Whats it going to coast to send 6-8 bottles to every person.

@Acclaym shipping becomes a big deal also. You have to assume each guy will need to buy at least a case to cover the yeild of a barrel. Whats it going to coast to send 6-8 bottles to every person.
If we get the right opportunity with the right brand money is really no hurdle. Once in a life time chance. I'll keep a couple cases and I can move the rest.

If we get the right opportunity with the right brand money is really no hurdle. Once in a life time chance. I'll keep a couple cases and I can move the rest.
Do you have any leads or ideas?