• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LJ Peretti Co. - Are they legit

Jesuswept

Oh, the horror!
Has anyone ever ordered from LJ Prertti?
They have some decent deals. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

Great news! always nice to find a good retailer.
thanks for the replies ;)

They're legit alright. Have been, for what, a 138 years?

Doc.

They need a new website programmer, thats for sure.

If anyone picks up some of their 125 anny cigars I'd like one. PM me if you do.

Remember, just b/c they list cigars, doesn't mean they have them in stock.

If anyone picks up some of their 125 anny cigars I'd like one. PM me if you do.

Those do look interesting, I'd be up for a split as well.

I was gonna call and order them, but then noticed that they have a Conneticut shade wrapper. :(

Not sure how I missed it the first time, but I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Sorry guys.

I was gonna call and order them, but then noticed that they have a Conneticut shade wrapper. :(

Not sure how I missed it the first time, but I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Sorry guys.

Maybe the text from the other cigars running through the description... like I said they need a new web programmer badly.

Its cool bro.

Yes, Legit. No doubt. I've been there.

Also, their website is not up to date at all. In fact, it hasn't seem to have been updated (other than the front page) in a couple of years. You need to call to verify stock. They may well have what you are looking for.

Edit - after looking around it seems some selections have been edited but you still need to call and check.

I live here in the city and was buying all my smokes from them for the first month or so I was smoking. I buy mostly online now as its cheaper but they are great guys. i owe a lot of my initial cigar education to the guys in there.

yes, They were very nice one the phone and I placed an order with them.
I think it's just the company website that made me wonder about them.

They have a beautiful, old school type shop. Legit for sure. I used to visit when I lived in New England.

Wilkey

Most of the old (I mean really old) shops don't pay much attention to their websites as they really rely on their walk in customers from my observation. That said, you'd be missing out on some great shops if you gauge them on their websites and vice versa. I've seen some really fancy websites from shops that are just cookie cutter strip mall locations. I've been lucky to have several of the oldest shops as my local B&M. When I was in Chicago, Iwan Ries was my shop. I remember when they were talking about setting up a website, it was merely an extention of their catalog mailer. Ries is THE shop in Chicago with Schwartz being up there as well but they're closed on Sat-Sun which made it a no go for me on weekend jaunts. Moved to DC/VA and bam, have at my doorstep Drapers at 120 years+ and counting. Great guys and again, don't really update their website due to the fact that I'm sure most of their clientele is walk in (hey doesn't hurt to be a few blocks from the white house.) No cookie cutter here. Nice old shop with 100 year old built ins-you just don't see that in newer shops. Peretti's is much the same. I visited them on a trip to Boston back in the day and again, just like walking into history. I do remember the guy was very abrupt when I asked for directions-had that "don't you know where that corner is??.. kind of attitude but when I got there, well worth the search. Last time I was there was back in 1992ish so its been a while but they're still and will be around. One thing I remember is on their website they have things like maduro best sellers so definately not updated but if you call, they can help you out.

My local B&M.

Definately legit and I think they are one of Fuentes oldest accounts.

Very knowledgable but somewhat short answered staff and owner. But once they know you. The deals do happen.

They can get anything and everything. Excellent Boston B&M.

yea, I just got my box yesterday from them. They were fantastic, good price and fast shipping.
They are now on my short list of retailers.