• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Look at theses smokes i just picked up

There is an explanation here. First when I said that there are 11 finger joints their are actualy 10 and a small partial finger that is approx 1/16 in height. So in reality there is 10 plus a partial. In the side view of the pic from the Havana Journal where the finger joints are visible the box is cut off so the only pic there with high resolulution enough to show the exact detail is cut off. So what we really need is a high resolution pic which should shed some light on this.

Bob

I love this place!

The knowledge here is second to none, the help you can get is immense, and even though some have had varying points of view in this thread, it is clear that everybody's intent is to help.

Ernie..........I'm sure you are going through some disappointment right now but look for the bright side; you now know of a place to get the information you need to prevent you and others from experiencing the disappointment in the future.

Another bright note, I think you said they tasted awesome? At least you have a box of great tasting sticks.

I love this place!

The knowledge here is second to none, the help you can get is immense, and even though some have had varying points of view in this thread, it is clear that everybody's intent is to help.

Ernie..........I'm sure you are going through some disappointment right now but look for the bright side; you now know of a place to get the information you need to prevent you and others from experiencing the disappointment in the future.

Another bright note, I think you said they tasted awesome? At least you have a box of great tasting sticks.

Well said Brian.

If anyone has an 03, 04 or 05 box that can describe how many finger joints there are that would be helpful. I can tell you that on boxes from 1998 thru 2002 they are as I described. Maybe there was a slight change in box configuration that has gone unnoticed till now. In the past they have made changes in box configurations especialy on cabinate boxes.

Another thing I see different in the older boxes is that the Cohiba label on the inside surface of the top lid has a white border. In the picture of the 04 it is a gold gold border.

Bob

I love this place!

Well said Brian. x2

If anyone has an 03, 04 or 05 box that can describe how many finger joints there are that would be helpful. I can tell you that on boxes from 1998 thru 2002 they are as I described. Maybe there was a slight change in box configuration that has gone unnoticed till now. In the past they have made changes in box configurations especialy on cabinate boxes.

Another thing I see different in the older boxes is that the Cohiba label on the inside surface of the top lid has a white border. In the picture of the 04 it is a gold gold border.

Bob

I also noticed this..... yet another strike against Ernie's box.

I love this place!

Well said Brian. x2

Bob

I also noticed this..... yet another strike against Ernie's box.

No I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The 04 boxes should have the gold border. I was only pointing out that the older boxes have white border.

No I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The 04 boxes should have the gold border. I was only pointing out that the older boxes have white border.

Sorry Bob, I did misunderstand but, if you look at the pictures from the "real" '04 box there is no white border at all. If you look at the pictures of Ernie's box there is a white border outside of the gold border.

I love this place!

Well said Brian.

Bob
Although there are some fine brothers named Brian who have graced this place ......my name is Jeff :D

Sorry Bob, I did misunderstand but, if you look at the pictures from the "real" '04 box there is no white border at all. If you look at the pictures of Ernie's box there is a white border outside of the gold border.

Oh I see what you are saying. Your right on. Devonn

Not to thread jack but I just got back from the hospital. After my last response I got severe abdominal pain and had to go to the hospital. It turned out that I have kidney stones. I am on pain medication so im a bit groggy.

Bob

I love this place!

Well said Brian.

Bob
Although there are some fine brothers named Brian who have graced this place ......my name is Jeff :D

Sorry Jeff, I was thinking Brian for some reason but yes I know your Jeff. :D

Bob

Hi guys i did send the photos to the webmaster@chobia.com, they told me that these were not fakes and that the LIN box code was a closed/moved location.

Hi guys i did send the photos to the webmaster@chobia.com, they told me that these were not fakes and that the LIN box code was a closed/moved location.
Excellent. Don't let the haters rile you up, and let's get to the point. How much do you want for them?

Troll got overzealous and failed here. Buh bye, now.

- Tim

edit for spelling

cohiba.com is out of Germany. Try contacting habanos.com. Or a LCDH.

chobia.com does not exist.

After my last response I got severe abdominal pain and had to go to the hospital. It turned out that I have kidney stones. I am on pain medication so im a bit groggy.

Bob

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

Troll got overzealous and failed here. Buh bye, now.

- Tim

edit for spelling

He's a stubborn troll..... I'm trying to buy a couple from him and he won't sell! :laugh:

It's a testament to the intelligence of the counterfeiters that after a couple of threads like this, the packaging is still so close but so far off. :rolleyes:

It's a testament to the intelligence of the counterfeiters that after a couple of threads like this, the packaging is still so close but so far off. :rolleyes:

The maker of those cigars "Chobia" insist they are 100% legitimate. They have a small factory located in Cuba, Iowa.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear back from them on bridge they were looking to sell.

The maker of those cigars "Chobia" insist they are 100% legitimate. They have a small factory located in Cuba, Iowa.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here Brian, but I will not stand idly by and let you besmirch the good name of Iowa like this. :p :laugh: Oh, and I've been to Jamaica, Iowa and it is a great deal less than the real thing, so I can only imagine what Cuba, Iowa is like. :sign: