• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Absinthe stuff

sleepyjim

Vet and dam proud of it!
If any of you have a line on this stuff other than ebay let me know!

Jim

coventrycat86 said:
Sounds like another great vice :thumbs: sign me up :D
better not let the wife see this thread.....I'll be right behind you.

The stuff tastes really bitter..... I don't care for it too much. Rather smoke some KB

Hey Jim,

Check HERE

Isn't Absinthe illegal in the US ???

Oh, I forget, so are Cuban cigars :lookup: :p :D

Yeah it's illegal in the US. Made of worm wood, which is considered to be a type of "drug". I think you can buy it from England.

Moulin Rouge may be considered "Absinthe" stuff - hope you don't like that too.....

So has anyone actually had the stuff?

BTW, Treamayne, I've been to Moulin Rouge and it was actually a really good time.

other1 said:
So has anyone actually had the stuff?

BTW, Treamayne, I've been to Moulin Rouge and it was actually a really good time.
I've actually had the real stuff. It is illegal almost everywhere, including England -- what some people are fooled by is that stuff is sold that is called Absinthe, and tastes similar, but it is made without wormwood.

You can still find it though, in places like the Czech republic.

Thujone is a toxic chemical present in wormwood and has a similar molecular geometry with THC, the active chemical in cannabis.

Now I understand. :p ;)

other1 said:
moki said:
I've actually had the real stuff.
And....?
It takes like ****, IMHO, but it does give you one hell of a buzz. I can see why the beatnicks used to like drinking it and hanging out in a cafe.

other1 said:
I only meant the movie - didn't realize it was still around.... that's what I get being stuck in Asia and only wishing I could visit Europe (assuming that's where it is...)

Treamayne said:
other1 said:
I only meant the movie - didn't realize it was still around.... that's what I get being stuck in Asia and only wishing I could visit Europe (assuming that's where it is...)
the movie was incredible!

moki said:
other1 said:
moki said:
I've actually had the real stuff.
And....?
It takes like ****, IMHO, but it does give you one hell of a buzz. I can see why the beatnicks used to like drinking it and hanging out in a cafe.
I'll second that. I had some in Greece in the 70's. I think you have to smoke dope first for it to even begin to taste good. Nasty stuff, I went back to ouzo.

Hmm. Did you guys drink it the 'correct' way with the water and the sugar cube?