• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Grill recommendations for spring 2022

Pros:
1. Versatile. You can bake, smoke, and grill on it. I’ve smoked meats, grilled stuff, made pizza. Then with the Dutch oven I have, I’ve made desserts, and stews.
2. Makes the best stuff I’ve ever had. Something about the clay/terra cotta does something to make everything taste so good and stay moist.
3. Their warranty is the best! I’ve had a few things crack. I suspect because even though I keep it covered outside. Moisture gets in, and going from cold wet, to suddenly hot caused this. They have replaced everything with no hassle or questions asked.

Cons:
1. Expensive! I would never have spent that kind of money for a grill had Donella not surprised me one Fathers Day. I’m glad she did though. If someone stole mine, I would replace it in a second.
2. There is no quick, push a button and instantly start cooking. You have to wait about a half hour, even if you’re just wanting to cook hamburgers and hotdogs. I don’t have any issue with this now. I kept my gas grill for about six months after got the BGE, but then gave it away for free when I realized I’d never use it again.
Green Top Sporting Goods has the best selection of accessories, and I liked their service a little better than the dealer that was 10 minutes from me.

I will add that you can get away from those two cons if 1) You buy second hand as long as you don't mind sacrificing the warranty and 2) If you get into one of those times where you don't have time to wait for heating up, this is where the griddle comes into play. The BGE alongside the griddle to me is a perfect setup...

I’m sure there are some subtle differences between them. I don’t think you could go wrong with either.
I’d agree! I don’t what their warranty is like, but I’ve never heard people complain. Looks like they have plenty of accessories to choose from.

Honestly though… Unless it was a huge price difference, I would still go with the BGE. Like I said, five years later and no questions asked in regards to a warranty claim.

This is Green Top Sporting Goods in Ashland Virginia. A not so hard drive for you and I.

These guys ship for free and says they will price match the best price you can find.

Honestly though… Unless it was a huge price difference, I would still go with the BGE. Like I said, five years later and no questions asked in regards to a warranty claim.

This is Green Top Sporting Goods in Ashland Virginia. A not so hard drive for you and I.

These guys ship for free and says they will price match the best price you can find.

Okay. I’ll keep that in mind.