• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking to buy a Cutter!

You might consider one of the newer Colibri cutters.
I don't have one yet, but might try one.

I use a Xikar Xi2 regularly and find it very nice.
If you drop it, don't blame the cutter.

I also have a Palio for backup.

Both work well. Both lifetime warranty.
Is that my lifetime or the company's lifetime?

Chemyst :cool:

I was gifted a Xikar scissor cutter, and it was awesome, I sent it in for repair, feeling lost without it bought another for the mean time, so now I have 2 Xikar scissor cutters. I love them, small and compact, get the job done well, and even has a cigar roach clip in a way. But after pops got a Palio, my Xikars are lacking in comparison. While at school I love my Xikars, but I don't even think about bring them home for the holidays, I almost look forward to using the Palio while at home.

Just use a tooth pick it's the cheapest. Or better yet go old school, bite it off!

I have to go with Mad Monk here. Drop both "big name" brands from 5 feet up and see which one survives. My Xikar collects dust, and my Palio is easy to use and stress-free.

I don't sell Xikar cutters anymore, as the Palio blows them away. However, I have several Xikars still in stock, so if you want that particular cutter, let me know and I'll see if I have the one you want. Will do my best to provide you with the best price.

I don't sell Xikar cutters anymore, as the Palio blows them away. However, I have several Xikars still in stock, so if you want that particular cutter, let me know and I'll see if I have the one you want. Will do my best to provide you with the best price.

Alright Ill send you a message. Im gonna try a couple of them out and get back to you but Im pretty rough on phones and lighters so I am leaning toward the Palio cutter. Appreciate it man.

Dog Cutter!

dogcutter.jpg
That must do a number on your clothes carrying that in your pocket... :laugh:

I have both a Palio and Xikar. They are both excellent at what they're made for. You can't go wrong with either.

But, echoing what others have said, why change if you enjoy using a punch?

I have both a Palio and Xikar. They are both excellent at what they're made for. You can't go wrong with either.

Ive just been kinda wanting to switch it up, and I was fortunate to smoke a couple cigars over a few days with Nestor Miranda and he suggested I get a cutter. Since Ive been considering switching I figured Id get a couple suggestions before I bought one.

Ive just been kinda wanting to switch it up, and I was fortunate to smoke a couple cigars over a few days with Nestor Miranda and he suggested I get a cutter. Since Ive been considering switching I figured Id get a couple suggestions before I bought one.

Once I bought a Palio my Xigars stayed on the garage shelf collecting dust.
Same here.

I like both cutters and I use both cutters. But if I had to choose one only, I'd easily go with the Palio. I keep my cutter(s) and lighter(s) in my pocket when out and about (like most here do, I presume). I've often found my Xikar in its open position with blades exposed when stuffing my hands into its carrying pocket. I know it's a small detail, and one that only a bit o' caution easily remedies, but it's nice I never have to worry about losing a finger when reaching for the Palio. As an added bonus for the Palio, I really have used it as a makeshift cigar holder as one of its uses. I thought that was kinda gimmicky when I first read of that advertised function; but there are times when you don't have a clean surface or stable holder available to place your cigar onto.

Bottom line: I keep my Palio in my pocket with my travel setup and my Xikar at home with that setup. Again, I'd go with the Palio if I had to pick one only.

Ahh, I see. I did the same, but with a punch. It's something different to use, but in the end I prefer a cut.

You aren't going to find a much better price than the Palio on cigarswag, plus it is a great cutter. I used a Xikar for a long time, but I really like the Palio that I am using now.

I used to cut them all the time. Then I found the Swiss Army Knife with a three size punch in it. Now I punch everything... I just find that i get a much cleaner break with a punch, and it's less likely to unravel or shred off at the cap. But for torpedo types, I have a Palio that I use to clip.

I've tried a bunch of cutters, but have never tried a Xikar... the Palio has been awesome!! Rock solid and clean cut every time. As a side note, I've used Xikar punches, and they fall apart after a short period of time. Good thing they have a lifetime warranty on Xikar stuff, because you will surely need it!!!

Ahh, I see. I did the same, but with a punch. It's something different to use, but in the end I prefer a cut.

Cool, Hopefully Ill prefer a cut to after I get into it.

Austin, I've been doing some reading somewhere and it says the following:

We have many options available to add-on to the above, for example an Austin Cigar staff member/cigar expert, to help your wedding guest pick out, cut, and possibly light the cigars.

You poor lad, what have you been cutting their cigars with for all this time?!? :laugh:

I too am a Palio convert. I started with a Xikar Xi3 cutter and loved it. From the Zebrawood grips to the shiny chrome, the locking mechanism, the tear drop shape, the nice clicking sound. All of this was impressive. But after buying my first Palio cutter (basic black) that all changed. The Palio is not as polished, isn't fancy, feel light in the hand, but it is better. I find the action smoother, the cut sharper, the grip more comfortable, the lighter weight is actually more conducive to carrying it around in your pocket. And as stated before, there is no doubt that the Palio is more durable. So, my vote would go to the Palio cutter. Since then I've purchased two more. I do still on occassion punch a cigar, but only those with a larger than 52 ring guage...cigars seem to just keep getting fatter and fatter. When I do punch a cigar, I use my Swiss Army Punch Cutter. Very nice. Good luck with whatever route you decide to go.

We have many options available to add-on to the above, for example an Austin Cigar staff member/cigar expert, to help your wedding guest pick out, cut, and possibly light the cigars.

You poor lad, what have you been cutting their cigars with for all this time?!? :laugh:

WOW TOUGH CROWD, with some of these fellas I guess. Austin Cigar Co. which is my side business I have to make a little extra cash is done with limited funds and very limited income, I have only done about 13 weddings and they were custom labeled cigars, not an on-site cigar bar. But I am doing the best I can while working a full-time job, and going to college as a full-time student, it's hard doing the sales calls I need to be doing to get it making a little more money. And souldog MY LAD :laugh: I have stated that I have a couple low grade cutters you can buy for cheap at your cigar shop but I was wanting to purchase a top-named one, "Something I can get my moneys worth out of" Which is why I asked for suggestions. Thanks for the concern though LAD!! ;)

I too am a Palio convert. I started with a Xikar Xi3 cutter and loved it. From the Zebrawood grips to the shiny chrome, the locking mechanism, the tear drop shape, the nice clicking sound. All of this was impressive. But after buying my first Palio cutter (basic black) that all changed. The Palio is not as polished, isn't fancy, feel light in the hand, but it is better. I find the action smoother, the cut sharper, the grip more comfortable, the lighter weight is actually more conducive to carrying it around in your pocket. And as stated before, there is no doubt that the Palio is more durable. So, my vote would go to the Palio cutter. Since then I've purchased two more. I do still on occassion punch a cigar, but only those with a larger than 52 ring guage...cigars seem to just keep getting fatter and fatter. When I do punch a cigar, I use my Swiss Army Punch Cutter. Very nice. Good luck with whatever route you decide to go.

Somebody else mentioned a swiss army punch cutter they had. Ill have to check it out. I never knew they had one.

I was wondering the same thing Jon. Seems as if a cigar expert or one that has a cigar expert working for him would already know these things or wouldn't be able to brandish the term "expert"!

Yes Mr. Austin, your balls were being busted a little as TBC stated so don't take it so personally (that is how it's coming across with your last post).